|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a concrete poem?
(a) A poem that hits the reader hard with reality.
(b) One in which the poet forms his words to create the physical image of what he is writing about.
(c) A poem with a solid meaning.
(d) A poem that pours out of the poet's soul.
2. Who called to check on Kristina?
(a) No one.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her dad and Adam.
3. How did Bree help Kristina?
(a) She told Bree how to get along with her father.
(b) She hung out with her and listened to her.
(c) She did the chores for Kristina.
(d) She helped her keep alive physically and emotionally.
4. What happened to Lince?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She was beaten by her father.
(c) She was killed in a car crash.
(d) She jumped or fell of the balcony.
5. What would have made the picnic day better according to Bree?
(b) Adam visiting.
(c) Better friends.
(d) No family.
6. What does Adam ask Kristina for on the phone?
(a) Permission to see other people.
(b) He asks for her prayers for Lince.
(c) He wants her to write him a poem.
(d) He wants to come visit her.
7. How did Kristina feel about trying more crank?
(a) She figured a second round might be nice.
(b) She was desperate for it.
(c) The thought made her sick.
(d) She ran away from it.
8. What is conversation like over dinner as they eat lasagna and garlic bread?
(a) Kristina tries to only cover safe topics.
(b) The family won't talk.
(c) The family gets into a heated political debate.
(d) The parents lecture Kristina throughout the meal.
9. How does Kristina feel about being home in her own room?
(a) She wishes she was back at her dad's.
(b) She misses Adam.
10. How did she act sexually with Adam?
(a) She wanted to go all the way.
(b) She teased him, but wouldn't let him touch her.
(c) She was worried that he would push her too far.
(d) She was completely uninhibited with him and other guys around them.
11. Who is Adam talking to when Kristina is watching him after she goes outside at night?
(a) Her father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His father.
12. What did Kristina crank?
(a) A drug
(b) Her savior
(c) The Monster
(d) A piece of Heaven
13. What do Adam and Kristina talk about when he visits her after the hospital?
(a) They discussed ways to help Lince.
(b) Breaking up.
(c) They reconfirm their love for each other.
(d) They talk about running away.
14. Who does Kristina encounter on her way home?
(a) Three boys in Raiders jackets.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Lince's mom.
(d) Adam's mom.
15. What does her mother seem to notice about Kristina?
(a) Her new jewelry.
(b) Her tattoo.
(c) She seems to notice that something's different.
(d) Her new hairstyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leigh encourage Kristina to talk about at night?
2. When does Bree come into being?
3. Who spends the night with Kristina?
4. Who appears when Kristina sees a good-looking lifeguard?
5. What does her father spend all his money on?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)