|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Putting Eco-Effectiveness into Practice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can leather be safely tanned?
(a) With plastic resins.
(b) With wind-dry technology.
(c) With vegetable tanners.
(d) With UV light tanners.
2. What is a monoculture?
(a) A single crop grown year after year in the area.
(b) A crop that is more environmentally friendly than other crops.
(c) A crop that is superior to other crops.
(d) Multiple crops grown in a single area.
3. What do the authors suggest we do about waste from sewage plants?
(a) Use the sludge as fertilizer for agriculture.
(b) Relocate the sludge to desert areas.
(c) Allow the sludge to remain at the sewage plant.
(d) Empty the sludge into large lakes or the ocean.
4. What is a positive change that occurs during the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Increased use of natural resources.
(b) Workers' wages increase.
(c) Families left their rural farms.
(d) Increased pollution.
5. Which statement most accurately reflects the authors' ideas?
(a) Our products are best when consumers can afford them.
(b) Our products and processes are best when they most resemble the natural world.
(c) Our industry is best when it uses more simple designs on a larger scale.
(d) Our industry is best when we accommodate worker equity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are ants a good source of inspiration for positive design?
2. What is the difficulty with recycling heavily inked pages?
3. Which is a by-product of power plants that could be used in homes or businesses?
4. What future extension is planned for the Ford River Rouge factory?
5. What can we do with materials that cannot be safely recycled?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)