|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Respect Diversity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement most accurately reflects the authors' ideas?
(a) Our industry is best when it uses more simple designs on a larger scale.
(b) Our industry is best when we accommodate worker equity.
(c) Our products are best when consumers can afford them.
(d) Our products and processes are best when they most resemble the natural world.
2. Which word describes how industry views efficiency?
3. When can PVC, a commonly used plastic in children's playground equipment, be toxic?
(a) When heated to high temperatures.
(b) When frequently touched or rubbed on the skin.
(c) When consumed.
(d) When exposed to carbon dioxide.
4. Why is goat hair a good material for the Bedouin tents?
(a) Because Bedouins have a constant source of this environmentally friendly material.
(b) Because Bedouins hate goats.
(c) Because goat hair is a good insulator but hard to find.
(d) Because Bedouins like tents that are heavy.
5. What do materials become in upcycling?
(a) Harmless waste.
(b) Recycled products like paper.
(c) Nutrients for other new materials.
(d) Sewage sludge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is eco-efficiency?
2. In this section what do the authors wish to encourage?
3. What material is the book itself made of?
4. What word do the authors use as a realistic alternative to the word "recycling"?
5. What does Paul Erlich write about?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)