|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Respect Diversity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are car parts difficult to recycle?
(a) It is very difficult to melt down steel.
(b) It is almost impossible to disassemble the body parts.
(c) The body parts have many toxic chemicals that are dangerous in the recycling process.
(d) It is difficult to separate paint from car body parts, so it is impossible to recover the steel.
2. What material can be used to create a well-designed roof?
(a) Sod or grass.
(c) Aluminum siding.
(d) Dry grass and leaves.
3. How should homes meet heating, cooling, and power needs?
(a) By consuming fossil fuels.
(b) By being integrated into the larger environment.
(c) By being part of the power grid.
(d) By using natural resources like wood.
4. What do the authors mean by designing products for worst-case scenarios?
(a) Making products that are recyclable.
(b) Making products so that they never wear out.
(c) Making products that work only in ideal circumstances.
(d) Making products so that they work in the most difficult of circumstances.
5. How does the cherry tree contribute positively to its environment?
(a) It provides fruit and cleans both the water and air.
(b) It provides a good source of paper pulp.
(c) It provides shaded areas that reduce air conditioning costs.
(d) It provides industry with many of the chemicals necessary for paper production.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are books problematic to recycle?
2. Which is an example of a material that is downcycled?
3. Which of the following is a true statement?
4. What is the problem with recycling as we know it?
5. By what percent has Egypt´s food crops decreased?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)