|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Waste Equals Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement is NOT an example of recycling as we know it?
(a) Melting old soda bottles to make new carpet.
(b) Making new backpacks out of old milk cartons.
(c) Collecting rain water for household use.
(d) Converting old books to new printer paper.
2. All of the following are true about a typical book except:
(a) It is easily recycled.
(b) It uses chlorine in all aspects of its production.
(c) It is not biodegradable.
(d) The inks contain many toxic chemicals.
3. What is ecological chemistry?
(a) The use of chemicals that are dangerous to humans but good for the environment.
(b) The study of toxic chemicals produced by animals.
(c) The development or use of chemicals that are safe for the environment.
(d) The exploitation of natural chemicals in manufacturing.
4. Who writes Silent Spring?
(a) Rachel Carson.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Susan Sontag.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. Why would designers create products that wear out in a certain amount of time?
(a) So that consumers would have to continue to purchase new products.
(b) So that landfills did not get too full.
(c) So that they did not have to close factories.
(d) So that factories never had to change products.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been the result of more and more efficient factories?
2. All of the following are problems presented by monoculture crops, except which statement?
3. All of the following are things a well-designed roof should provide, except:
4. What is the general definition of "sick building syndrome"?
5. What do the authors claim is flawed about architecture made with the International Style?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)