|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Respect Diversity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the authors say we must balance to change industry?
(a) Industry, energy, and economy.
(b) Ecology, consumers, and employees.
(c) Ecology, equity, and economy.
(d) Economy, industry, and employees.
2. Which statement best describes the general goal of the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Increase production to decrease numbers of workers.
(b) Produce higher quality products.
(c) Produce more products to make more money.
(d) Increase prices so there is less demand for products.
3. Why are pesticides and herbicides commonly used on crops?
(a) To attract insects to pollinate crops.
(b) To slow crop growth.
(c) To force crops to grow faster.
(d) To eliminate weeds and unwanted insects from crops.
4. Where is there a positive example of a sewage treatment facility?
(a) New York City.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
5. How does the cherry tree contribute positively to its environment?
(a) It provides shaded areas that reduce air conditioning costs.
(b) It provides fruit and cleans both the water and air.
(c) It provides a good source of paper pulp.
(d) It provides industry with many of the chemicals necessary for paper production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when garbage is incinerated?
2. All of the following are problems presented by monoculture crops, except which statement?
3. Which word best describes how ants are viewed by the authors?
4. Why aren't cherry trees wasteful?
5. Why are car parts difficult to recycle?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)