|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eco-Effectiveness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inefficient about most roofs?
(a) They collapse frequently.
(b) The material washes away with rain.
(c) They do not insulate the house very well.
(d) The material is easily replaced.
2. Which statement is NOT an example of recycling as we know it?
(a) Converting old books to new printer paper.
(b) Collecting rain water for household use.
(c) Melting old soda bottles to make new carpet.
(d) Making new backpacks out of old milk cartons.
3. Approximately how many chemicals have been studied for their health effects?
4. All of the following are examples of crude products as defined by the author, except...
(a) Plastic water bottles.
(c) Fresh produce.
(d) Polyester fabric.
5. What does Bill find inspiring about the environment that he grows up in?
(a) He learns from many famous mathematicians.
(b) The environment is dirty and polluted.
(c) Everywhere there are many beautiful and well-designed items.
(d) He eats many recyclable foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is an example of too much focus on efficiency?
2. What is the problem with recycling as we know it?
3. What has been the result of more and more efficient factories?
4. Which statement is the best explanation for why sports shoes are produced outside the U.S.?
5. How does the cherry tree contribute positively to its environment?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)