|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Respect Diversity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the authors' opinion, what should factories do?
(a) Help reduce consumption of resources no matter what the effect on profits.
(b) Help people, nourish the environment, and produce good materials.
(c) Help industry implement new technology.
(d) Help consumers save money and produce efficient energy.
2. What do the authors mean by designing products for worst-case scenarios?
(a) Making products so that they never wear out.
(b) Making products that are recyclable.
(c) Making products so that they work in the most difficult of circumstances.
(d) Making products that work only in ideal circumstances.
3. What do the authors mean by "one size fits all"?
(a) To describe the result of recycling materials.
(b) To describe how third-world countries design houses.
(c) To describe a decrease in diversity cause by modern industry.
(d) To describe the modern design for running shoes.
4. How does the Exxon Valdez oil spill result in an economic advantage to some companies?
(a) Local citizen groups raise money by helping with the clean up.
(b) Companies that invest in Exxon Valdez increase profits.
(c) Chemical companies decrease sales in cleaning products.
(d) Companies that are associated with the cleanup process increase profits.
5. What is a positive change that occurs during the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Workers' wages increase.
(b) Families left their rural farms.
(c) Increased pollution.
(d) Increased use of natural resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section what do the authors wish to encourage?
2. What is meant by an "industrial re-evolution"?
3. The Industrial Revolution functions on the idea of brute force. What is meant by this phrase as used by the authors?
4. Which of the following is a true statement?
5. What do the authors say we must balance to change industry?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)