|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathleen's doctor state about the baby?
2. What happens when Colleen was noticed watching the occurrence on Liffy Glade?
3. Who turns out to be the one to deliver the savior of the prophecy?
4. Why does Father Flannery, the church's priest, make Colleen uncomfortable?
5. Why does the Devil have no power over Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
2. What does Father Rosetti committing suicide say about his character?
3. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
4. Based on Kathleen's memory of the events leading to the conception of the baby, how would one describe Jamie?
5. Although a trained private investigator, Anne is greatly disturbed that she had to fire her weapon. What may this tell the reader about Anne's character?
6. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
7. What reason does Colleen have for being frightened while she is in the barn?
8. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
9. What about the accident made Noelle perform her first miracle?
10. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Settings tend to set the mood or even foreshadow the coming events of a novel. Write a descriptive essay about what Father Rosetti experienced during his plane crash. What did he see? How does he feel? What emotions did he experience? How does this accident and experience set the mood for Father Rosetti? What foreshadowing can be developed from this incident?
Essay Topic 2
Father Rosetti's health disintegrates and he faces a grim fate as the novel moves on. As a once healthy, vibrant man, how does Father Rosetti respond to his failing health? What is the reason for his grim fate? Is there any way he could have prevented his fate?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between Kathleen and her parents. Is the relationship surprising? Why or why not? What emotions do the parents feel about the situation Kathleen is in? Is Kathleen's relationship with her parents a reflection of her situation or was it the same beforehand?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)