|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watched Noelle perform her first miracle?
2. What is the purpose of Father Rosetti going to see Monsignor Stingley?
3. Why does Father Flannery, the church's priest, make Colleen uncomfortable?
4. What does Father Rosetti learn about Colleen through her birth records?
5. Why does Jamie become agitated at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on Anne and Kathleen's relationship thus far, why would Kathleen ask for Anne to be present when the baby is delivered?
2. How would going through labor help Kathleen remember the events of the conception?
3. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
4. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
5. Why would Colleen's son come to claim Noelle?
6. Based on Kathleen's memory of the events leading to the conception of the baby, how would one describe Jamie?
7. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
8. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
9. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
10. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Settings tend to set the mood or even foreshadow the coming events of a novel. Write a descriptive essay about what Father Rosetti experienced during his plane crash. What did he see? How does he feel? What emotions did he experience? How does this accident and experience set the mood for Father Rosetti? What foreshadowing can be developed from this incident?
Essay Topic 2
Jamie is a complex character. Write an essay explaining the character of Jamie. Who is he and why is he important? What are his personality traits? Why does he behave the way he does? What was his fate? How did he reach his fate?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Anne to Father Rosetti. How are they alike? How are they different? Why would they both have been hired for the same job? What can each contribute to the case?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)