|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Anne and Justin when they are together in their safe place?
2. What does Kathleen's doctor state about the baby?
3. How are Colleen's son's eyes described?
4. When talking to Father Rosetti about evil, what does Kathleen realize?
5. What was Noelle going to college to study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Kathleen have armed guards watching her room at the Vatican?
2. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
3. What about the accident made Noelle perform her first miracle?
4. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
5. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
6. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
7. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
8. Although a trained private investigator, Anne is greatly disturbed that she had to fire her weapon. What may this tell the reader about Anne's character?
9. Although both girls have been declared anatomical virgins by several doctors, Father Rosetti is on a mission to find out which girl is a real virgin. What can this lead the reader to believe?
10. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character analysis on Anne's character. Is she a protagonist or antagonist? Is she a round or flat character? What makes Anne interesting as a character? What are her positive attributes? Negative attributes?
Essay Topic 2
Internal conflicts occur when one is arguing with oneself when making decisions. What internal conflicts existed within this novel? Who had these internal conflicts and what were they over? How were decisions made?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between Kathleen and her parents. Is the relationship surprising? Why or why not? What emotions do the parents feel about the situation Kathleen is in? Is Kathleen's relationship with her parents a reflection of her situation or was it the same beforehand?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)