|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the media greets Anne and Justin at the new destination, what makes Anne feel uneasy?
(a) Anne thinks she sees Satan one night in her dreams.
(b) The Pope will no longer share information with Anne and she's uneasy about Kathleen's safety.
(c) There is a man in the crowd that just doesn't fit in.
(d) Anne can't reach Kathleen and she's uneasy about it.
2. What happened to Colleen's son?
(a) Colleen's son was killed by the fall with Father Rosetti.
(b) Colleen's son survived the fall.
(c) Colleen's son was paralyzed by the fall.
(d) Colleen's son died at birth.
3. When Father Rosetti and Justin finally see Colleen, how is she?
(a) Colleen is perfectly fine and watching television in her bedroom.
(b) Colleen is in the barn and in labor, but with her mother.
(c) Colleen is in the barn, in labor and very scared.
(d) Colleen is very pregnant, but comfortable and happy.
4. As Colleen stands in her kitchen, whom does Colleen see through her window?
(a) Father Flannery approaching her house.
(b) A mob of townspeople approaching her house.
(c) Justin approaching her house.
(d) Her mother and Sister Katherine sitting in the garden.
5. What made Noelle perform her first miracle?
(a) Noelle didn't like that things weren't going her way.
(b) Noelle was upset by the loss of life and sadness she encountered.
(c) Noelle felt that the woman deserved to have a baby.
(d) Noelle just wanted to see if she had the power to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jamie become agitated at the bar?
2. What does Anne do when she sees Kathleen on the ledge?
3. What does Father Rosetti do while he is still holding Colleen's baby?
4. What are Anne's and Justin's opinion of Colleen?
5. What is the purpose of Father Rosetti going to see Monsignor Stingley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
2. Anne once again saves Kathleen from impending death. How would one describe Anne in the eyes of Kathleen?
3. What reason does Colleen have for being frightened while she is in the barn?
4. Although a trained private investigator, Anne is greatly disturbed that she had to fire her weapon. What may this tell the reader about Anne's character?
5. For what reason may Jamie hear "the voice"?
6. Why would Mrs.Walsh consider Kathleen evil or even call her Satan?
7. The man in the trench coach claims he is "their desires made real." What could he have meant by this?
8. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
9. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
10. What about Colleen's impending birth has led Justin to rethink his career path?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)