|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Father Rosetti going to see Monsignor Stingley?
(a) The Monsignor is going to give Father Rosetti advice on how to transfer to his church.
(b) The Monsignor was going to listen to Father Rosetti's confession.
(c) The Monsignor is an old friend and he wanted to just say hello.
(d) The Monsignor is the other person who shares knowledge of the prophecy, and Father Rosetti wanted to share what he knew.
2. What did Noelle, Anne's virginal pregnancy baby, plan to do as a career?
(a) To help those in need.
(b) To be a teacher.
(c) To be a private investigator.
(d) To be a nun.
3. When Father Rosetti and Justin finally see Colleen, how is she?
(a) Colleen is in the barn, in labor and very scared.
(b) Colleen is in the barn and in labor, but with her mother.
(c) Colleen is perfectly fine and watching television in her bedroom.
(d) Colleen is very pregnant, but comfortable and happy.
4. How does Noelle perform her first miracle?
(a) Noelle prayed to God and he gave her what she prayed for.
(b) Noelle wiggled her nose and nodded her head, therefore her miracle was granted.
(c) Noelle wished on a falling star.
(d) Noelle asked her special genie to give her the miracle she wanted.
5. What is Kathleen's reaction when Anne tells her about the conversation that she has with Jamie?
(a) Kathleen is very hurt by the lie Jamie told, but not surprised about how he reacted.
(b) Kathleen is shocked Jamie said those things about her.
(c) Kathleen laughs about what Jamie said and claims he's a real comedian.
(d) Kathleen shows no emotion towards what Jamie has said about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Devil have no power over Anne?
2. On her way to church, what does Kathleen encounter?
3. Where is Kathleen's new destination?
4. Why does Father Rosetti kill Father Flannery with a pitchfork?
5. After the incident of Kathleen on the ledge, what does the Vatican decide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
2. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
3. For what reason may Jamie hear "the voice"?
4. Based on Kathleen's memory of the events leading to the conception of the baby, how would one describe Jamie?
5. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
6. When Monsignor Stingley tells Father Rosetti "to look beyond the obvious" when they speak about the prophecy, what did he mean?
7. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
8. What does Father Rosetti committing suicide say about his character?
9. What reason does Colleen have for being frightened while she is in the barn?
10. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)