|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Father Flannery, the church's priest, make Colleen uncomfortable?
(a) She is uncomfortable because he doesn't want to listen to her confession.
(b) She is uncomfortable because he judges her about her condition.
(c) She is uncomfortable because he is making sexual inuendos towards her.
(d) She is uncomfortable because he doesn't believe her story about being a virgin.
2. What happens when Colleen was noticed watching the occurrence on Liffy Glade?
(a) She was chased by the men.
(b) Collen was yelled at to leave.
(c) Colleen was paid to take pictures of the occasion.
(d) Colleen was asked to join.
3. What is Kathleen's reaction when Anne tells her about the conversation that she has with Jamie?
(a) Kathleen laughs about what Jamie said and claims he's a real comedian.
(b) Kathleen shows no emotion towards what Jamie has said about her.
(c) Kathleen is very hurt by the lie Jamie told, but not surprised about how he reacted.
(d) Kathleen is shocked Jamie said those things about her.
4. How does Noelle perform her first miracle?
(a) Noelle prayed to God and he gave her what she prayed for.
(b) Noelle wished on a falling star.
(c) Noelle asked her special genie to give her the miracle she wanted.
(d) Noelle wiggled her nose and nodded her head, therefore her miracle was granted.
5. While Kathleen is in the Vatican, Colleen is at home in Ireland. When Colleen returns to the kitchen, what is odd?
(a) Colleen sees Kathleen sitting in her house.
(b) Colleen's mother and Sister Katherine that were just there are now gone.
(c) Colleen sees Satan sitting in her room.
(d) Colleen suddenly forgets who and where she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colleen run to hide in the barn?
2. When praying with Father Rosetti, what does Kathleen pray for?
3. What does Monsignor tell Father Rosetti?
4. What does Father Rosetti do after Colleen gives birth to her son?
5. What happens to Colleen's baby as he lays in Father Rosetti's arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason may Jamie hear "the voice"?
2. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
3. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
4. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
5. "The baby is not God's child, but it is a child of God." What does this mean about Kathleen's baby?
6. What about the accident made Noelle perform her first miracle?
7. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
8. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
9. Why would Kathleen have armed guards watching her room at the Vatican?
10. Why would Colleen's son come to claim Noelle?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)