|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising thing does Anne see from the beach?
(b) The planet Jupiter.
(c) Kathleen balancing on the ledge of the roof.
(d) Mrs. Walsh swimming in the ocean.
2. What does Father Rosetti learn about Colleen through her birth records?
(a) That she was born with two sets of sex organs--one set of male, one female.
(b) That she is adopted.
(c) That she has a very rare blood type.
(d) That she has a rare disease.
3. What is Kathleen's reaction when Anne tells her about the conversation that she has with Jamie?
(a) Kathleen is very hurt by the lie Jamie told, but not surprised about how he reacted.
(b) Kathleen laughs about what Jamie said and claims he's a real comedian.
(c) Kathleen is shocked Jamie said those things about her.
(d) Kathleen shows no emotion towards what Jamie has said about her.
4. What happened to Colleen's son?
(a) Colleen's son was paralyzed by the fall.
(b) Colleen's son died at birth.
(c) Colleen's son was killed by the fall with Father Rosetti.
(d) Colleen's son survived the fall.
5. What was Noelle going to college to study?
(a) Noelle was going to college to become an architect.
(b) Noelle was going to college to become a nurse.
(c) Noelle was going to college to study to be a teacher.
(d) Noelle was going to college to study to be a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathleen realize about the night she conceived the baby?
2. When Father Rosetti arrives in Maam Cross, what is his condition?
3. What happens to Colleen's baby as he lays in Father Rosetti's arms?
4. Upon entering Colleen's house, what do Father Rosetti and Justin find?
5. As Colleen stands in her kitchen, whom does Colleen see through her window?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
2. Why would Kathleen have armed guards watching her room at the Vatican?
3. "The baby is not God's child, but it is a child of God." What does this mean about Kathleen's baby?
4. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
5. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
6. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
7. Why would Kathleen and Father Rosetti both fear evil?
8. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
9. What about Colleen's impending birth has led Justin to rethink his career path?
10. How would going through labor help Kathleen remember the events of the conception?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)