|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Anne's and Justin's opinion of Colleen?
(a) Colleen is short tempered and irritable.
(b) Colleen is depressed.
(c) Colleen is gentle and they were very impressed with her composure.
(d) Colleen is rude.
2. Why is Colleen's son at the scene of the miracle?
(a) Because he believed Noelle to be his long lost sister.
(b) To "claim" Noelle.
(c) Because he lived in the area.
(d) To introduce himself to Noelle and be her friend.
3. Why does Father Rosetti arrive in New York?
(a) To attend mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
(b) To do some sight seeing.
(c) To get treated for Polio.
(d) To visit two people.
4. After praying with Father Rosetti, why does Kathleen call for Anne?
(a) Kathleen calls for Anne because she doesn't want to be by herself with Father Rosetti.
(b) Kathleen calls for Anne because she is about to have the baby and wants Anne there.
(c) Kathleen calls for Anne because she feels safer when Anne is near.
(d) Kathleen calls for Anne because she is worried about her and wants to make sure she's safe.
5. What does Kathleen's doctor state about the baby?
(a) The doctor says, "This is not God's child, but it is a child of God."
(b) The doctor says that the baby is sick and will not live.
(c) The doctor says the baby was born stillborn.
(d) The doctor says it is God's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor Father Rosetti bumps into tell him?
2. Who, in fact, is the father of Kathleen's baby?
3. As Colleen hides in the barn, what is she thinking?
4. What was Noelle's first miracle?
5. What saves Colleen from any possible danger the evening she was at Liffy Galde?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
2. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
3. What about Colleen's impending birth has led Justin to rethink his career path?
4. Why would Colleen's son come to claim Noelle?
5. Although a trained private investigator, Anne is greatly disturbed that she had to fire her weapon. What may this tell the reader about Anne's character?
6. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
7. Anne once again saves Kathleen from impending death. How would one describe Anne in the eyes of Kathleen?
8. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
9. What about the accident made Noelle perform her first miracle?
10. How would going through labor help Kathleen remember the events of the conception?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)