|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Father Rosetti arrive in New York?
(a) To do some sight seeing.
(b) To get treated for Polio.
(c) To visit two people.
(d) To attend mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
2. How does Noelle perform her first miracle?
(a) Noelle prayed to God and he gave her what she prayed for.
(b) Noelle wished on a falling star.
(c) Noelle wiggled her nose and nodded her head, therefore her miracle was granted.
(d) Noelle asked her special genie to give her the miracle she wanted.
3. What reaches Kathleen's new destination before her?
(a) The polio virus.
(b) The media.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Kathleen's parents.
4. What happens between Anne and Justin when they are together in their safe place?
(a) Anne and Justin discover they don't share the same viewpoints about the case and they should work independently.
(b) Anne confesses her feelings towards Justin and they kiss.
(c) Anne and Justin decide that after the investigation is over they will no longer be in contact with each other.
(d) Anne and Justin get into a fight and stop speaking to each other.
5. What happens to Monsignor Stingley after he shares his message with Father Rosetti?
(a) Monsignor laughs and says he was just kidding.
(b) Monsignor Stingley drops dead.
(c) Monsignor has a heart attack and is rushed to the nearest hospital.
(d) Monsignor gets dressed in his robes and conducts a mass for a hundred people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watched Noelle perform her first miracle?
2. What was Noelle's first miracle?
3. What happened the night after Jamie's ride to Sachuset Point?
4. When Father Rosetti and Justin arrive at Colleen's house what do they see?
5. How does Kathleen respond to the visit from the Pope while she is in labor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about the accident made Noelle perform her first miracle?
2. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
3. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
4. Although both girls have been declared anatomical virgins by several doctors, Father Rosetti is on a mission to find out which girl is a real virgin. What can this lead the reader to believe?
5. The man in the trench coach claims he is "their desires made real." What could he have meant by this?
6. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
7. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
8. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
9. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
10. "The baby is not God's child, but it is a child of God." What does this mean about Kathleen's baby?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)