|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsignor tell Father Rosetti?
(a) That he is in danger.
(b) The world is coming to an end.
(c) There is no such thing as a prophecy.
(d) He is not meant to be a priest for much longer.
2. When praying with Father Rosetti, what does Kathleen pray for?
(a) A safe delivery of her baby.
(b) That Anne is safe.
(c) World peace.
(d) Mrs. Walsh's soul.
3. When praying with Kathleen, what does Father Rosetti pray for?
(a) Ridding the world of Satan.
(b) Kathleen's baby to be delivered safely.
(c) Mrs. Walsh's soul.
(d) World peace.
4. What does Anne do when she sees Kathleen on the ledge?
(a) She climbs up to the ledge to save Kathleen.
(b) She uses her gun and shoots Mrs. Walsh dead.
(c) She runs to find help.
(d) She tells Kathleen to jump so she can catch her.
5. Why does Father Rosetti arrive in New York?
(a) To get treated for Polio.
(b) To do some sight seeing.
(c) To attend mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
(d) To visit two people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Anne to believe that Father Rosetti has information about the investigation that he is not sharing?
2. What happens to Colleen's baby as he lays in Father Rosetti's arms?
3. What are Anne's and Justin's opinion of Colleen?
4. When the media greets Anne and Justin at the new destination, what makes Anne feel uneasy?
5. What is Anne's part in Father Rosetti's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
2. Based on Kathleen's memory of the events leading to the conception of the baby, how would one describe Jamie?
3. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
4. Why would Mrs.Walsh consider Kathleen evil or even call her Satan?
5. What reason does Colleen have for being frightened while she is in the barn?
6. How would going through labor help Kathleen remember the events of the conception?
7. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
8. Anne once again saves Kathleen from impending death. How would one describe Anne in the eyes of Kathleen?
9. Although both girls have been declared anatomical virgins by several doctors, Father Rosetti is on a mission to find out which girl is a real virgin. What can this lead the reader to believe?
10. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)