|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Colleen's baby as he lays in Father Rosetti's arms?
(a) The baby assumes the shape of a beast and bites Father Rosetti.
(b) The baby begins to glow like an angel in Father Rosetti's arms.
(c) The baby is swooped up by a flock of blackbirds from Father Rosetti's arms.
(d) The baby dies while he is in Father Rosetti's arms.
2. What does Kathleen's doctor state about the baby?
(a) The doctor says it is God's child.
(b) The doctor says, "This is not God's child, but it is a child of God."
(c) The doctor says the baby was born stillborn.
(d) The doctor says that the baby is sick and will not live.
3. What is the purpose of Father Rosetti going to see Monsignor Stingley?
(a) The Monsignor was going to listen to Father Rosetti's confession.
(b) The Monsignor is an old friend and he wanted to just say hello.
(c) The Monsignor is going to give Father Rosetti advice on how to transfer to his church.
(d) The Monsignor is the other person who shares knowledge of the prophecy, and Father Rosetti wanted to share what he knew.
4. When Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti, what does he eventually tell them?
(a) Father Rosetti eventually tells them that he knows the secret to how the girls got pregnant.
(b) Father Rosetti eventually tells them about the prophecy.
(c) Father Rosetti tells them that he is hearing a voice in his head.
(d) Father Rosetti tells them that he is not a real priest.
5. What are Anne's and Justin's opinion of Colleen?
(a) Colleen is gentle and they were very impressed with her composure.
(b) Colleen is depressed.
(c) Colleen is short tempered and irritable.
(d) Colleen is rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Colleen doesn't feel well she wants to go to church. How come she almost doesn't make it there?
2. What does Father Rosetti think about the blackbirds?
3. When Father Rosetti arrives in Maam Cross, what is his condition?
4. When the media greets Anne and Justin at the new destination, what makes Anne feel uneasy?
5. What reaches Kathleen's new destination before her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
2. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
3. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
4. Why would Mrs.Walsh consider Kathleen evil or even call her Satan?
5. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
6. What reason does Colleen have for being frightened while she is in the barn?
7. Based on Anne and Kathleen's relationship thus far, why would Kathleen ask for Anne to be present when the baby is delivered?
8. Although both girls have been declared anatomical virgins by several doctors, Father Rosetti is on a mission to find out which girl is a real virgin. What can this lead the reader to believe?
9. Why would Colleen's son come to claim Noelle?
10. For what reason may Jamie hear "the voice"?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)