|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jamie's death, how does Kathleen feel about Mrs. Walsh's recent behavior towards her?
(b) More self-confident.
2. What does Father Rosetti do while he is still holding Colleen's baby?
(a) Father Rosetti stares at the glowing baby and claims a miracle has happened.
(b) Father Rosetti gives the baby CPR and rescues him.
(c) Father Rosetti jumps off the cliff with the baby still in his arms.
(d) Father Rosetti hangs on tightly to the baby as the birds try to take it away.
3. What was Noelle going to college to study?
(a) Noelle was going to college to become an architect.
(b) Noelle was going to college to study to be a doctor.
(c) Noelle was going to college to study to be a teacher.
(d) Noelle was going to college to become a nurse.
4. What leads Anne to believe that Father Rosetti has information about the investigation that he is not sharing?
(a) Father Rosetti is overly confident and not even paying attention to what is being said.
(b) Father Rosetti seems to be afraid of the Bleesed Mother.
(c) Father Rosetti isn't asking Anne any questions.
(d) Father Rosetti keeps looking over his shoulder and jumping at every sound he hears.
5. What happens to Monsignor Stingley after he shares his message with Father Rosetti?
(a) Monsignor gets dressed in his robes and conducts a mass for a hundred people.
(b) Monsignor has a heart attack and is rushed to the nearest hospital.
(c) Monsignor Stingley drops dead.
(d) Monsignor laughs and says he was just kidding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people want from Kathleen?
2. What is the plan to get Kathleen out of her house?
3. Why does the Devil have no power over Anne?
4. In between Kathleen's contractions, what appears to Kathleen?
5. What does Kathleen's doctor state about the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about the accident made Noelle perform her first miracle?
2. What about Colleen's impending birth has led Justin to rethink his career path?
3. How would going through labor help Kathleen remember the events of the conception?
4. "The baby is not God's child, but it is a child of God." What does this mean about Kathleen's baby?
5. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
6. Why would Kathleen and Father Rosetti both fear evil?
7. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
8. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
9. Why would Colleen's son come to claim Noelle?
10. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)