|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Devil have no power over Anne?
(a) The Devil has no power over Anne because she is God.
(b) The Devil has no power over Anne because no matter what he says she refuses to give up her beliefs.
(c) The Devil has no power over Anne because she doesn't believe in God or the Devil.
(d) The Devil has no power over Anne because she has already turned evil and has her own plan.
2. When the media greets Anne and Justin at the new destination, what makes Anne feel uneasy?
(a) Anne thinks she sees Satan one night in her dreams.
(b) The Pope will no longer share information with Anne and she's uneasy about Kathleen's safety.
(c) There is a man in the crowd that just doesn't fit in.
(d) Anne can't reach Kathleen and she's uneasy about it.
3. Who turns out to be the one to deliver the savior of the prophecy?
(a) Kathleen was actually the savior of the prophecy.
(b) Mrs. Walsh is the person who has already delivered the savior of the prophecy.
(c) Anne is the person who delivers the savior of the prophecy.
(d) Sister Katherine had the savior of the prophecy when she was a teenager.
4. On her way to church, what does Kathleen encounter?
(a) Colleen encountered a swarm of reporters.
(b) Colleen encountered a swarm of blackbirds.
(c) Colleen encountered a swarm of bees.
(d) Colleen encountered a swarm of pigeons.
5. What does Father Rosetti think about the blackbirds?
(a) Blackbirds have a nest in the area and are simply looking for food.
(b) Blackbirds are good luck.
(c) Blackbirds are bad luck.
(d) Each blackbird is a fallen angel coming to where Satan's child is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life did Anne and Justin create?
2. What do people want from Kathleen?
3. What surprising thing does Anne see from the beach?
4. How does being in the church make Colleen feel?
5. What happened the night after Jamie's ride to Sachuset Point?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
2. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
3. Although both girls have been declared anatomical virgins by several doctors, Father Rosetti is on a mission to find out which girl is a real virgin. What can this lead the reader to believe?
4. Based on Kathleen's memory of the events leading to the conception of the baby, how would one describe Jamie?
5. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
6. When Monsignor Stingley tells Father Rosetti "to look beyond the obvious" when they speak about the prophecy, what did he mean?
7. Although a trained private investigator, Anne is greatly disturbed that she had to fire her weapon. What may this tell the reader about Anne's character?
8. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
9. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
10. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)