|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Rosetti learn about Colleen through her birth records?
(a) That she is adopted.
(b) That she has a very rare blood type.
(c) That she was born with two sets of sex organs--one set of male, one female.
(d) That she has a rare disease.
2. What can Kathleen do that Mrs. Walsh can't?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Talk to the press.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Ignore the suggestions of "the voice."
3. In between Kathleen's contractions, what appears to Kathleen?
(a) Flashbacks of Jamie and his friends and what they did to her appear to Kathleen.
(b) The ghost of Mrs. Walsh appears to Kathleen.
(c) The ghost of Justin appears to Kathleen.
(d) The Devil appears to Kathleen.
4. When praying with Father Rosetti, what does Kathleen pray for?
(a) That Anne is safe.
(b) A safe delivery of her baby.
(c) World peace.
(d) Mrs. Walsh's soul.
5. What does Kathleen realize about the night she conceived the baby?
(a) Even though she can't remember the night she conceived the baby, she knows something bad happened that night.
(b) That Jamie is really not the father of her baby; one of his friends is.
(c) That someone must have drugged her the night she conceived the baby.
(d) That she and Jamie had sex that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watched Noelle perform her first miracle?
2. What is the Beaviers' reaction to Father Rosetti's news?
3. What does Father Rosetti do while he is still holding Colleen's baby?
4. What does Monsignor tell Father Rosetti?
5. When they are at their safeplace in Italy, what are Anne and Justin worried about?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason may Jamie hear "the voice"?
2. What about the accident made Noelle perform her first miracle?
3. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
4. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
5. Although a trained private investigator, Anne is greatly disturbed that she had to fire her weapon. What may this tell the reader about Anne's character?
6. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
7. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
8. What does Father Rosetti committing suicide say about his character?
9. Based on Kathleen's memory of the events leading to the conception of the baby, how would one describe Jamie?
10. What about Colleen's impending birth has led Justin to rethink his career path?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)