|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Noelle's first miracle?
(a) Noelle's first miracle was praying for a family that was in an accident to live and they did.
(b) Noelle's first miracle was having the ability to read minds.
(c) Noelle's first miracle was surviving a horrific car accident.
(d) Noelle's first miracle was being able to see into the future.
2. Why does Father Flannery, the church's priest, make Colleen uncomfortable?
(a) She is uncomfortable because he doesn't believe her story about being a virgin.
(b) She is uncomfortable because he is making sexual inuendos towards her.
(c) She is uncomfortable because he judges her about her condition.
(d) She is uncomfortable because he doesn't want to listen to her confession.
3. What is the purpose of Father Rosetti going to see Monsignor Stingley?
(a) The Monsignor is going to give Father Rosetti advice on how to transfer to his church.
(b) The Monsignor was going to listen to Father Rosetti's confession.
(c) The Monsignor is an old friend and he wanted to just say hello.
(d) The Monsignor is the other person who shares knowledge of the prophecy, and Father Rosetti wanted to share what he knew.
4. What happens to the world on the night of the births?
(a) The world begins to "heal" on the night of the births.
(b) The world begins to spin even faster around the sun.
(c) The world is struck by a huge meteor.
(d) The world gets even more chaotic and out of control.
5. As Colleen hides in the barn, what is she thinking?
(a) That she just wished everyone would leave her alone.
(b) That no one will think to look for her in there.
(c) That the smell is making her sick.
(d) That she may have the baby at that moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. As part of Father Rosetti's plan, where must Justin go?
2. What did Noelle, Anne's virginal pregnancy baby, plan to do as a career?
3. Who turns out to be the one to deliver the savior of the prophecy?
4. What is Anne's part in Father Rosetti's plan?
5. Upon entering Colleen's house, what do Father Rosetti and Justin find?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
2. What does Father Rosetti committing suicide say about his character?
3. Anne once again saves Kathleen from impending death. How would one describe Anne in the eyes of Kathleen?
4. What reason does Colleen have for being frightened while she is in the barn?
5. Why would Mrs.Walsh consider Kathleen evil or even call her Satan?
6. Why would Kathleen have armed guards watching her room at the Vatican?
7. When Monsignor Stingley tells Father Rosetti "to look beyond the obvious" when they speak about the prophecy, what did he mean?
8. "The baby is not God's child, but it is a child of God." What does this mean about Kathleen's baby?
9. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
10. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)