|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves Colleen from any possible danger the evening she was at Liffy Galde?
(a) The cops came and Colleen was able to get away.
(b) Colleen threw rocks and sticks, so she was left alone.
(c) Thunder sounded and Colleen was released.
(d) Colleen ran and hid in the bushes so she couldn't be found.
2. Why is Colleen's son at the scene of the miracle?
(a) Because he lived in the area.
(b) To "claim" Noelle.
(c) Because he believed Noelle to be his long lost sister.
(d) To introduce himself to Noelle and be her friend.
3. Why does the Devil have no power over Anne?
(a) The Devil has no power over Anne because she is God.
(b) The Devil has no power over Anne because she doesn't believe in God or the Devil.
(c) The Devil has no power over Anne because no matter what he says she refuses to give up her beliefs.
(d) The Devil has no power over Anne because she has already turned evil and has her own plan.
4. What happened to Colleen's son?
(a) Colleen's son was paralyzed by the fall.
(b) Colleen's son was killed by the fall with Father Rosetti.
(c) Colleen's son died at birth.
(d) Colleen's son survived the fall.
5. What can Kathleen do that Mrs. Walsh can't?
(a) Ignore the suggestions of "the voice."
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Talk to the press.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emotionally, how is Kathleen feeling after Jamie's death and Mrs. Walsh's behavior?
2. Who, in fact, is the father of Kathleen's baby?
3. What was Noelle going to college to study?
4. What are Anne's and Justin's opinion of Colleen?
5. Why does Father Flannery, the church's priest, make Colleen uncomfortable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
2. Although a trained private investigator, Anne is greatly disturbed that she had to fire her weapon. What may this tell the reader about Anne's character?
3. Why would Kathleen and Father Rosetti both fear evil?
4. Why would Mrs.Walsh consider Kathleen evil or even call her Satan?
5. Based on Anne and Kathleen's relationship thus far, why would Kathleen ask for Anne to be present when the baby is delivered?
6. What reason does Colleen have for being frightened while she is in the barn?
7. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
8. When Monsignor Stingley tells Father Rosetti "to look beyond the obvious" when they speak about the prophecy, what did he mean?
9. Anne once again saves Kathleen from impending death. How would one describe Anne in the eyes of Kathleen?
10. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)