|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Father Rosetti arrives in Maam Cross, what is his condition?
(a) Worse because he hates to travel and it makes him anxious.
(b) Better, because he has stopped hearing "the voice."
(c) Better, because the medicine he was given is finally working properly.
(d) Worse, because he is having hallucinations and continues to hear "the voice."
2. What are Anne's and Justin's opinion of Colleen?
(a) Colleen is gentle and they were very impressed with her composure.
(b) Colleen is depressed.
(c) Colleen is rude.
(d) Colleen is short tempered and irritable.
3. What does Mrs. Walsh call Kathleen?
(a) A liar.
(c) Greedy and selfish.
(d) A sweet, caring young woman.
4. Why does Father Flannery, the church's priest, make Colleen uncomfortable?
(a) She is uncomfortable because he doesn't believe her story about being a virgin.
(b) She is uncomfortable because he doesn't want to listen to her confession.
(c) She is uncomfortable because he judges her about her condition.
(d) She is uncomfortable because he is making sexual inuendos towards her.
5. Why is Colleen's son at the scene of the miracle?
(a) Because he lived in the area.
(b) To "claim" Noelle.
(c) To introduce himself to Noelle and be her friend.
(d) Because he believed Noelle to be his long lost sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Devil have no power over Anne?
2. What happened the night after Jamie's ride to Sachuset Point?
3. What happens to the world on the night of the births?
4. What was Noelle's first miracle?
5. Who, in fact, is the father of Kathleen's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
2. Why would Kathleen and Father Rosetti both fear evil?
3. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
4. The man in the trench coach claims he is "their desires made real." What could he have meant by this?
5. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
6. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
7. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
8. How would going through labor help Kathleen remember the events of the conception?
9. Anne once again saves Kathleen from impending death. How would one describe Anne in the eyes of Kathleen?
10. Why would Kathleen have armed guards watching her room at the Vatican?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)