|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they are at their safeplace in Italy, what are Anne and Justin worried about?
(a) Kathleen hurting herself again.
(b) They may catch the polio virus.
(c) That their safeplace will be discovered.
(d) About the girls.
2. What was Noelle's first miracle?
(a) Noelle's first miracle was having the ability to read minds.
(b) Noelle's first miracle was surviving a horrific car accident.
(c) Noelle's first miracle was being able to see into the future.
(d) Noelle's first miracle was praying for a family that was in an accident to live and they did.
3. What has caused the change in Mrs. Walsh's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Walsh did not get the raise she was anticipating and is acting out of anger.
(b) "The voice" has convinced Mrs. Walsh to act the way she does towards Kathleen.
(c) Mrs. Walsh is jealous that Kathleen is having a baby and she isn't.
(d) Mrs. Walsh is grateful for how Kathleen's parents have treated her and reflects her gratitude with kindness towards Kathleen.
4. On her way to church, what does Kathleen encounter?
(a) Colleen encountered a swarm of bees.
(b) Colleen encountered a swarm of blackbirds.
(c) Colleen encountered a swarm of pigeons.
(d) Colleen encountered a swarm of reporters.
5. After praying with Father Rosetti, why does Kathleen call for Anne?
(a) Kathleen calls for Anne because she is worried about her and wants to make sure she's safe.
(b) Kathleen calls for Anne because she is about to have the baby and wants Anne there.
(c) Kathleen calls for Anne because she feels safer when Anne is near.
(d) Kathleen calls for Anne because she doesn't want to be by herself with Father Rosetti.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the night her baby was conceived, what did Colleen see on Liffy Glade?
2. When Father Rosetti arrives in Maam Cross, what is his condition?
3. When praying with Father Rosetti, what does Kathleen pray for?
4. When Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti, what does he eventually tell them?
5. What can Kathleen do that Mrs. Walsh can't?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne once again saves Kathleen from impending death. How would one describe Anne in the eyes of Kathleen?
2. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
3. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
4. Why would Kathleen have armed guards watching her room at the Vatican?
5. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
6. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
7. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
8. How would going through labor help Kathleen remember the events of the conception?
9. "The baby is not God's child, but it is a child of God." What does this mean about Kathleen's baby?
10. When Monsignor Stingley tells Father Rosetti "to look beyond the obvious" when they speak about the prophecy, what did he mean?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)