|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Rosetti tell the Beavier family that they did not know?
(a) That he is not a priest.
(b) About the second virgin pregnancy.
(c) That their daughter's situation is not odd, but it actually happens at least once a year.
(d) About the prophecy.
2. What happened the night after Jamie's ride to Sachuset Point?
(a) Kathleen's friends threw her a baby shower.
(b) Kathleen's parents sent her to live with her grandparents.
(c) Jamie came to Kathleen's house to apologize for the rumors he has been spreading.
(d) Mrs. Walsh enters Kathleen's bedroom with a knife.
3. What happens to the world on the night of the births?
(a) The world gets even more chaotic and out of control.
(b) The world begins to spin even faster around the sun.
(c) The world is struck by a huge meteor.
(d) The world begins to "heal" on the night of the births.
4. What does the doctor Father Rosetti bumps into tell him?
(a) He needs to change his diet now that he feels better.
(b) He would like to be present when Colleen has her baby.
(c) He is the person who delivered Colleen and has her medical file.
(d) He looks awful and should go to the hospital.
5. Emotionally, how is Kathleen feeling after Jamie's death and Mrs. Walsh's behavior?
(a) Uncomfortable and miserable from her pregnancy.
(b) Overly sorry and frustrated because of people's expectations of her.
(c) Self-conscious about how much weight she's gained.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks Anne's train of thought as she admires the birth she just saw?
2. When talking to Father Rosetti about evil, what does Kathleen realize?
3. When they are at their safeplace in Italy, what are Anne and Justin worried about?
4. In between Kathleen's contractions, what appears to Kathleen?
5. After praying with Father Rosetti, why does Kathleen call for Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Kathleen have armed guards watching her room at the Vatican?
2. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
3. Colleen is ridiculed by the people she's known and lived near for years, yet believed and supported by strangers. Why might this happen?
4. Why would Colleen's son come to claim Noelle?
5. Based on Kathleen's memory of the events leading to the conception of the baby, how would one describe Jamie?
6. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
7. What does Father Rosetti committing suicide say about his character?
8. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
9. Why would Kathleen and Father Rosetti both fear evil?
10. How would going through labor help Kathleen remember the events of the conception?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)