|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Kathleen is in the Vatican, Colleen is at home in Ireland. When Colleen returns to the kitchen, what is odd?
(a) Colleen's mother and Sister Katherine that were just there are now gone.
(b) Colleen sees Satan sitting in her room.
(c) Colleen suddenly forgets who and where she is.
(d) Colleen sees Kathleen sitting in her house.
2. After Jamie's death, how does Kathleen feel about Mrs. Walsh's recent behavior towards her?
(a) More self-confident.
3. After praying with Father Rosetti, why does Kathleen call for Anne?
(a) Kathleen calls for Anne because she feels safer when Anne is near.
(b) Kathleen calls for Anne because she is about to have the baby and wants Anne there.
(c) Kathleen calls for Anne because she doesn't want to be by herself with Father Rosetti.
(d) Kathleen calls for Anne because she is worried about her and wants to make sure she's safe.
4. Why does Jamie become agitated at the bar?
(a) Because his friends are harassing him about Kathleen.
(b) Because someone is being rude to him.
(c) Because Kathleen's parents won't allow her to see him.
(d) Because his friends didn't show up at the bar.
5. When Father Rosetti arrives in Maam Cross, what is his condition?
(a) Worse, because he is having hallucinations and continues to hear "the voice."
(b) Better, because he has stopped hearing "the voice."
(c) Worse because he hates to travel and it makes him anxious.
(d) Better, because the medicine he was given is finally working properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Beaviers' reaction to Father Rosetti's news?
2. Where is Kathleen's new destination?
3. When Father Rosetti and Justin arrive at Colleen's house what do they see?
4. What is the plan to get Kathleen out of her house?
5. What reaches Kathleen's new destination before her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
2. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
3. Based on Anne and Kathleen's relationship thus far, why would Kathleen ask for Anne to be present when the baby is delivered?
4. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
5. What about Colleen's impending birth has led Justin to rethink his career path?
6. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
7. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
8. For what reason may Jamie hear "the voice"?
9. The man in the trench coach claims he is "their desires made real." What could he have meant by this?
10. When Monsignor Stingley tells Father Rosetti "to look beyond the obvious" when they speak about the prophecy, what did he mean?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)