|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising thing does Anne see from the beach?
(a) Mrs. Walsh swimming in the ocean.
(b) Kathleen balancing on the ledge of the roof.
(c) The planet Jupiter.
2. While at the safeplace with Father Rosetti, what does the voice inside Kathleen's head tell her?
(a) That the Devil wants to take her baby.
(b) That her baby will not be born alive.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) To kill Father Rosetti.
3. Why does the Devil have no power over Anne?
(a) The Devil has no power over Anne because she has already turned evil and has her own plan.
(b) The Devil has no power over Anne because she is God.
(c) The Devil has no power over Anne because no matter what he says she refuses to give up her beliefs.
(d) The Devil has no power over Anne because she doesn't believe in God or the Devil.
4. How does being in the church make Colleen feel?
(a) Being in the church makes Colleen angry.
(b) Being in the church makes Colleen feel guilty.
(c) Being in the church comforts Colleen.
(d) Being in the chuch makes Colleen nervous.
5. What is the purpose of Father Rosetti going to see Monsignor Stingley?
(a) The Monsignor was going to listen to Father Rosetti's confession.
(b) The Monsignor is the other person who shares knowledge of the prophecy, and Father Rosetti wanted to share what he knew.
(c) The Monsignor is an old friend and he wanted to just say hello.
(d) The Monsignor is going to give Father Rosetti advice on how to transfer to his church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emotionally, how is Kathleen feeling after Jamie's death and Mrs. Walsh's behavior?
2. What reaches Kathleen's new destination before her?
3. Where is Kathleen going to have her baby?
4. When Colleen leaves the church she is attacked again by the group from earlier. Whom or what saves her?
5. Because Colleen doesn't feel well she wants to go to church. How come she almost doesn't make it there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Rosetti committing suicide say about his character?
2. What reason does Colleen have for being frightened while she is in the barn?
3. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
4. Why would Colleen's son come to claim Noelle?
5. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
6. For what reason may Jamie hear "the voice"?
7. Why would Kathleen have armed guards watching her room at the Vatican?
8. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
9. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
10. Although both girls have been declared anatomical virgins by several doctors, Father Rosetti is on a mission to find out which girl is a real virgin. What can this lead the reader to believe?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)