|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the safeplace with Father Rosetti, what does the voice inside Kathleen's head tell her?
(a) To kill Father Rosetti.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) That the Devil wants to take her baby.
(d) That her baby will not be born alive.
2. As part of Father Rosetti's plan, where must Justin go?
(a) To Los Angeles to say a prayer for those dying of polio.
(b) To Ireland to be with Colleen.
(c) To the United States and keep the reporters away from the girls.
(d) To Rome to talk to the Italian president about the prophecy.
3. Emotionally, how is Kathleen feeling after Jamie's death and Mrs. Walsh's behavior?
(a) Overly sorry and frustrated because of people's expectations of her.
(c) Uncomfortable and miserable from her pregnancy.
(d) Self-conscious about how much weight she's gained.
4. What is Kathleen's reaction when Anne tells her about the conversation that she has with Jamie?
(a) Kathleen shows no emotion towards what Jamie has said about her.
(b) Kathleen is shocked Jamie said those things about her.
(c) Kathleen is very hurt by the lie Jamie told, but not surprised about how he reacted.
(d) Kathleen laughs about what Jamie said and claims he's a real comedian.
5. What did Colleen's son's eyes resemble from earlier in the novel?
(a) Colleen's son's eyes resembled his grandmother's eyes.
(b) Colleen's son's eyes resembled those of evil as seen earlier in the novel.
(c) Colleen's son's eyes resembled his father's eyes.
(d) Colleen's son's eyes resembled his mother's eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Rosetti learn about Colleen through her birth records?
2. Because Colleen doesn't feel well she wants to go to church. How come she almost doesn't make it there?
3. What does Father Rosetti do after Colleen gives birth to her son?
4. Why does Father Rosetti kill Father Flannery with a pitchfork?
5. When Father Rosetti and Justin finally see Colleen, how is she?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Father Rosetti take the baby away from Colleen and perform the sign of the cross on the baby's forehead?
2. Why would Mrs.Walsh consider Kathleen evil or even call her Satan?
3. What does Noelle do to perform her miracle?
4. The man in the trench coach claims he is "their desires made real." What could he have meant by this?
5. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
6. What does Father Rosetti committing suicide say about his character?
7. Based on Anne and Kathleen's relationship thus far, why would Kathleen ask for Anne to be present when the baby is delivered?
8. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
9. When Anne and Justin meet Colleen, they are surprised by her appearance and openness. How do you think this makes her story fare in comparison to Kathleen's story?
10. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)