|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Anne and Justin when they are together in their safe place?
(a) Anne confesses her feelings towards Justin and they kiss.
(b) Anne and Justin get into a fight and stop speaking to each other.
(c) Anne and Justin decide that after the investigation is over they will no longer be in contact with each other.
(d) Anne and Justin discover they don't share the same viewpoints about the case and they should work independently.
2. Why does Jamie become agitated at the bar?
(a) Because his friends didn't show up at the bar.
(b) Because someone is being rude to him.
(c) Because his friends are harassing him about Kathleen.
(d) Because Kathleen's parents won't allow her to see him.
3. What was Noelle going to college to study?
(a) Noelle was going to college to become an architect.
(b) Noelle was going to college to study to be a teacher.
(c) Noelle was going to college to study to be a doctor.
(d) Noelle was going to college to become a nurse.
4. Why is Jamie disturbed by Kathleen's condition?
(a) Because he's afraid of how her parents are treating her.
(b) Because he thinks it's making her too depressed.
(c) Because he is telling everyone they had sex, but he knows they didn't.
(d) Because he doesn't want a baby.
5. How does Kathleen respond to the visit from the Pope while she is in labor?
(a) Kathleen is relieved to see him and confesses all her sins.
(b) Kathleen appears to have a seizure when the Pope visits.
(c) Kathleen is grateful for his visit and thanks him.
(d) Kathleen is uncomfortable because he thinks she has sinned.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti, what does he eventually tell them?
2. In between Kathleen's contractions, what appears to Kathleen?
3. Where is Kathleen's new destination?
4. What kind of life did Anne and Justin create?
5. Because Colleen doesn't feel well she wants to go to church. How come she almost doesn't make it there?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason may Jamie hear "the voice"?
2. Anne and Justin marry and live a life of helping others. How does this reflect the type of people they are?
3. Based on Anne and Kathleen's relationship thus far, why would Kathleen ask for Anne to be present when the baby is delivered?
4. During her prayer with Father Rosetti, why would Kathleen mention how dangerous and awful the world has become?
5. What about the accident made Noelle perform her first miracle?
6. After Monsignor Stingley gave Father Rosetti the advice about the prophecy, he was struck dead. What could this lead the reader to assume?
7. Why would Kathleen's condition be consciously bothering Jamie?
8. The man in the trench coach claims he is "their desires made real." What could he have meant by this?
9. Why would Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti when they reach the Vatican?
10. For what reasons would the man who appears out of place amongst the crowd of reporters make Anne uneasy?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)