|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her press conference speech, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She is tempted by "the voice" to say inappropriate things about herself and her baby.
(b) She wants to declare the truth about her pregnancy and the father.
(c) She feels faint.
(d) She wants to say that her pregnancy is a lie, and it was all her mother's idea.
2. How do Kathleen's parents feel about her pregnancy?
(b) Happy they are going to be grandparents.
(d) Confused and stressed.
3. What happens to Kathleen as she prepares for the conference?
(a) She realizes she forgot the paper with the information she wanted to say.
(b) She gets very nervous and starts to cry.
(c) She hears "the voice" again.
(d) She remembers how she got pregnant.
4. How does Justin hurt Anne's feelings?
(a) He tells her that he is leaving the investigation and going back home.
(b) He tells her that she is "emotionally disconnected."
(c) He tells her that she should find another career because she isn't a good investigator.
(d) He tells her that she is only in his way in this investigation.
5. Where does Father Rosetti end up?
(a) New York City.
(b) Rhode Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite her situation, what does Kathleen try for the first time after her discovery at the clinic?
2. What does Anne discover when preparing for the press conference?
3. How could Anne's parents be described?
4. What is different about the recent epidemic of polio virus than previous strains?
5. Whom does Colleen's visitor say Colleen resembles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kathleen feels her parents are scrutinizing her all the time and Mrs. Walsh hates her. What reason would Mrs. Walsh have to feel this way towards Kathleen?
2. Colleen is approached by a gypsy very early in her pregnancy. The gypsy told Colleen she was special. Six months later, Colleen remembers this memory with fondness. How is Colleen's reaction important at this point?
3. How may it be a coincidence that an outbreak of polio erupts at the hospital Kathleen leaves in Rhode Island?
4. Why would Jamie have acted violently when Anne confronted him with medical evidence that proved Kathleen is still a virgin?
5. When Anne was a nun she met and fell in love with Father Justin O'Connell. This caused her to rethink the path she was on and pursue a career outside of the Catholic Church. What does this tell the reader about Anne?
6. Although it was something of an honor for the late Pope to share the prophecy with Father Rosetti, why might Father Rosetti believe it is not worth knowing?
7. When the reporter publishes the story on Kathleen, the church is not happy. Why may the church feel this story was detrimental?
8. Why may the people in Colleen's town be treating her differently?
9. Why may Colleen would be hiding from Sister Katherine and Father Flannery?
10. Father Rosetti is the sole survivor of a plane crash when he is on his way to see Colleen. He wonders "if the crash was an accident or meant to kill him." Why would Father Rosetti think this?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)