|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Anne takes a walk to clear her mind, how does Anne find Kathleen?
(a) Unresponsive and "bleeding from between her legs."
(b) With her boyfriend.
(c) Sleeping under a tree.
(d) Sitting peacefully with a book.
2. At the press conference, how does Kathleen disobey her mother?
(a) By running away right before the press conference.
(b) By staying out past curfew the night before the press conference.
(c) By allowing her friends in the conference area.
(d) By speaking to a reporter right before the conference without her mother present.
3. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
(a) They are helpful.
(b) They are unfriendly.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are friendly.
4. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
(b) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
(c) To teach the prophecy to others.
(d) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
5. Who goes to visit Colleen in Ireland?
(a) Father Rosetti.
(b) Cardinal Rooney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Colleen go to get peace?
2. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
3. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
4. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
5. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How may Kathleen's strained relationship with her parents effect the situation?
2. Why does James Patterson describe Father Rosetti as an honest man?
3. What might "the voice" represent?
4. For what reasons would Kathleen's mother want to keep Kathleen's friends away from her?
5. Colleen is approached by a gypsy very early in her pregnancy. The gypsy told Colleen she was special. Six months later, Colleen remembers this memory with fondness. How is Colleen's reaction important at this point?
6. Kathleen feels her parents are scrutinizing her all the time and Mrs. Walsh hates her. What reason would Mrs. Walsh have to feel this way towards Kathleen?
7. What about Kathleen's story may have made Anne very skeptical?
8. Colleen is attacked by a group of boys upon leaving her house and a bird saves her. What might this bird represent?
9. Doctor Shapiro performs another exam on Kathleen and also claims that she is a virgin. Doctor Shapiro is not connected with the church. Why is his exam more important to Kathleen than the results received by doctors before?
10. Based on the prophecy and what you have read thus far, which girl may be carrying the child of Satan?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)