|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking with Kathleen, what does Anne think about Kathleen's story?
(a) Anne believes Kathleen completely.
(b) Anne wants to believe Kathleen, but has a hard time doing so because Kathleen can't remember events from eight months earlier.
(c) Anne thinks Kathleen is making up the story just to get attention.
(d) Anne thinks Kathleen is making up the entire story.
2. What upsets Cardinal Rooney after Doctor Shapiro gives his report about Kathleen?
(a) He is unhappy that people are protesting outside the Vatican.
(b) He didn't like Doctor Shapiro's report.
(c) He is unhappy with Anne's job perfomance.
(d) He doesn;t like the negative attention Colleen's situation is attracting.
3. What city does Kathleen travel to?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
4. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) With great hospitality.
(b) With gratuity.
(c) With hostility.
(d) As if she's not there.
5. How do Kathleen's parents feel about her pregnancy?
(b) Happy they are going to be grandparents.
(d) Confused and stressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doctor's Shapiro's examination prove?
2. Where did Colleen conceive her baby?
3. Why does Kathleen take a trip to this city?
4. What happens to Father Rosetti on his way to Ireland?
5. Six months earlier, Colleen bumped into gypsies. What did one of the gypsies think about Colleen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How may it be a coincidence that an outbreak of polio erupts at the hospital Kathleen leaves in Rhode Island?
2. How might Kathleen have felt when she found the doctor and nurse dead in the office?
3. How may the two virgin births, one of the savior and one being Satan's child, impact the world?
4. When Anne was a nun she met and fell in love with Father Justin O'Connell. This caused her to rethink the path she was on and pursue a career outside of the Catholic Church. What does this tell the reader about Anne?
5. Why would Anne's first assignment be to go to Los Angeles?
6. Why may the people in Colleen's town be treating her differently?
7. When the reporter publishes the story on Kathleen, the church is not happy. Why may the church feel this story was detrimental?
8. Why would Cardinal Rooney have chosen Anne to work on this investigation?
9. Colleen is approached by a gypsy very early in her pregnancy. The gypsy told Colleen she was special. Six months later, Colleen remembers this memory with fondness. How is Colleen's reaction important at this point?
10. Doctor Shapiro performs another exam on Kathleen and also claims that she is a virgin. Doctor Shapiro is not connected with the church. Why is his exam more important to Kathleen than the results received by doctors before?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)