|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervenes during the incident Colleen had when she left her house after her nightmare?
(a) Cardinal Rooney.
(b) A flock of birds.
(c) Anne Fitzgerald.
(d) Colleen's mother.
2. On his death bed, what does the Pope recall?
(a) A time of great depression in Europe.
(b) Meeting Jesus Christ.
(c) A time when the mother of Christ spoke to him.
(d) The day when the "Blessed Lady visited Fatima."
3. How does Kathleen feel about the discovery she makes at the clinic?
(b) Not affected by it.
4. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
(a) As her "special protector."
(b) As annoying.
(c) As a sweet, but shy woman.
(d) As a mentor whom she looks up to.
5. How does Jamie react when he is told about the medical evidence contradicting the story he tells?
(a) Jamie gets angry and violent.
(b) Jamie is relieved the truth was finally unveiled.
(c) Jamie is shocked and doesn't know what to say.
(d) Jamie is very upset and confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Justin hurt Anne's feelings?
2. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
3. What is troubling Father Rosetti after his accident?
4. When Anne and Father O'Carroll are reunited at the Beavier home, how do they react towards each other?
5. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might "the voice" represent?
2. Why may Anne begin to believe Kathleen's story more than she did earlier in the investigation?
3. For what reasons would Kathleen's mother want to keep Kathleen's friends away from her?
4. Why would Charles, Kathleen's father, attack Anne's credibility and be very hostile towards her?
5. Why may Colleen would be hiding from Sister Katherine and Father Flannery?
6. Why would Anne's first assignment be to go to Los Angeles?
7. When Anne was a nun she met and fell in love with Father Justin O'Connell. This caused her to rethink the path she was on and pursue a career outside of the Catholic Church. What does this tell the reader about Anne?
8. What about Kathleen's story may have made Anne very skeptical?
9. During her press conference, "the voice" is prompting her to say inappropriate things. During this time, Kathleen sees a vision of Mary. Why would this vision be an important factor for Kathleen?
10. Although it was something of an honor for the late Pope to share the prophecy with Father Rosetti, why might Father Rosetti believe it is not worth knowing?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)