|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
(a) If it was an accident or meant for him.
(b) If this was a bad omen.
(c) If he is really meant to go to Ireland.
(d) If he should just go back to the states and forget about the trip.
2. What does Kathleen hear at the clinic that she has never heard before?
(a) A gurgling sound.
(b) A buzzing sound.
(c) "A voice".
(d) A whistle.
3. When Anne takes a walk to clear her mind, how does Anne find Kathleen?
(a) With her boyfriend.
(b) Sitting peacefully with a book.
(c) Sleeping under a tree.
(d) Unresponsive and "bleeding from between her legs."
4. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
(a) Kathleen's parents.
(b) Kathleen's friends.
(c) Kathleen's boyfriend.
(d) No one.
5. Why does Kathleen take a trip to this city?
(a) To visit family.
(b) To go shopping.
(c) To go to a concert.
(d) To get an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
2. According to the Pope, what happened on October 13, 1917?
3. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
4. Who intervenes during the incident Colleen had when she left her house after her nightmare?
5. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Kathleen walks through the unfamiliar streets of South Boston, it is described as cold and rundown. How is this description foreshadowing the mood of the story?
2. Why would Charles, Kathleen's father, attack Anne's credibility and be very hostile towards her?
3. When Anne was a nun she met and fell in love with Father Justin O'Connell. This caused her to rethink the path she was on and pursue a career outside of the Catholic Church. What does this tell the reader about Anne?
4. When the reporter publishes the story on Kathleen, the church is not happy. Why may the church feel this story was detrimental?
5. Why may it be peaceful for Colleen to return to the place where she conceived her baby?
6. Why may Colleen would be hiding from Sister Katherine and Father Flannery?
7. Kathleen feels her parents are scrutinizing her all the time and Mrs. Walsh hates her. What reason would Mrs. Walsh have to feel this way towards Kathleen?
8. Why may Anne begin to believe Kathleen's story more than she did earlier in the investigation?
9. During her press conference, "the voice" is prompting her to say inappropriate things. During this time, Kathleen sees a vision of Mary. Why would this vision be an important factor for Kathleen?
10. Although it was something of an honor for the late Pope to share the prophecy with Father Rosetti, why might Father Rosetti believe it is not worth knowing?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)