|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kathleen as she prepares for the conference?
(a) She hears "the voice" again.
(b) She remembers how she got pregnant.
(c) She realizes she forgot the paper with the information she wanted to say.
(d) She gets very nervous and starts to cry.
2. Who is the first female character to be introduced?
(b) Mrs. Walsh.
3. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) With gratuity.
(b) As if she's not there.
(c) With great hospitality.
(d) With hostility.
4. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
(b) Because they were both different from everyone else.
(c) Because they both are free spirits.
(d) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
5. According to the Pope, what happened on October 13, 1917?
(a) That is the date the Pope was born.
(b) That is the date the Vatican was built.
(c) That is the date that the Virgin Mary was seen by many people, and her message was understood by three children.
(d) That is the date the Pope decided to devote his life to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Father Rosetti end up?
2. What city does Kathleen travel to?
3. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
4. While Kathleen is speaking at the press conference, what happens to Mrs. Walsh?
5. At the press conference, how does Kathleen disobey her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. During her press conference, "the voice" is prompting her to say inappropriate things. During this time, Kathleen sees a vision of Mary. Why would this vision be an important factor for Kathleen?
2. Father Rosetti is the sole survivor of a plane crash when he is on his way to see Colleen. He wonders "if the crash was an accident or meant to kill him." Why would Father Rosetti think this?
3. Why may it be peaceful for Colleen to return to the place where she conceived her baby?
4. Why would Charles, Kathleen's father, attack Anne's credibility and be very hostile towards her?
5. For what reasons would Kathleen's mother want to keep Kathleen's friends away from her?
6. Why would Kathleen find comfort floating in the ocean?
7. What about Kathleen's story may have made Anne very skeptical?
8. Why would Jamie have acted violently when Anne confronted him with medical evidence that proved Kathleen is still a virgin?
9. What might "the voice" represent?
10. How may Kathleen's strained relationship with her parents effect the situation?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)