|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the world on the night of the births?
(a) The world gets even more chaotic and out of control.
(b) The world begins to spin even faster around the sun.
(c) The world is struck by a huge meteor.
(d) The world begins to "heal" on the night of the births.
2. What reaches Kathleen's new destination before her?
(a) The media.
(b) Kathleen's parents.
(c) The polio virus.
(d) The Pope.
3. What does Kathleen's doctor state about the baby?
(a) The doctor says that the baby is sick and will not live.
(b) The doctor says it is God's child.
(c) The doctor says the baby was born stillborn.
(d) The doctor says, "This is not God's child, but it is a child of God."
4. What is the Beaviers' reaction to Father Rosetti's news?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Beavier are stunned, but Kathleen seems to have no feelings towards it.
(b) Everyone is shocked.
(c) Kathleen is angry because now she'll have to share the attention.
(d) Kathleen is very happy she'll have someone to talk to about this that understands her situation.
5. Why is Colleen's son at the scene of the miracle?
(a) Because he lived in the area.
(b) To "claim" Noelle.
(c) To introduce himself to Noelle and be her friend.
(d) Because he believed Noelle to be his long lost sister.
6. As Colleen hides in the barn, what is she thinking?
(a) That she just wished everyone would leave her alone.
(b) That the smell is making her sick.
(c) That she may have the baby at that moment.
(d) That no one will think to look for her in there.
7. When Father Rosetti arrives in Maam Cross, what is his condition?
(a) Worse because he hates to travel and it makes him anxious.
(b) Better, because the medicine he was given is finally working properly.
(c) Better, because he has stopped hearing "the voice."
(d) Worse, because he is having hallucinations and continues to hear "the voice."
8. Where is Kathleen going to have her baby?
(a) Inside Vatican City.
(b) To Ireland.
(c) Back to her home in Rhode Island.
(d) Nowhere--she is going to have the baby right where she is.
9. What does the doctor Father Rosetti bumps into tell him?
(a) He would like to be present when Colleen has her baby.
(b) He is the person who delivered Colleen and has her medical file.
(c) He looks awful and should go to the hospital.
(d) He needs to change his diet now that he feels better.
10. What are Anne's and Justin's opinion of Colleen?
(a) Colleen is gentle and they were very impressed with her composure.
(b) Colleen is depressed.
(c) Colleen is short tempered and irritable.
(d) Colleen is rude.
11. Why does Colleen run to hide in the barn?
(a) To play a trick on her mother and Sister Katherine.
(b) Because she is afraid the mob of townspeople will hurt her.
(c) Because she does not want to see Father Flannery.
(d) Because she doesn't want to talk to Justin.
12. Who, in fact, is the father of Kathleen's baby?
(a) Father Rosetti.
(d) One of Jamie's friends.
13. What surprising thing does Anne see from the beach?
(a) The planet Jupiter.
(c) Kathleen balancing on the ledge of the roof.
(d) Mrs. Walsh swimming in the ocean.
14. Because Colleen doesn't feel well she wants to go to church. How come she almost doesn't make it there?
(a) She is too pregnant to walk there.
(b) She is afraid of being judged by the priest because of her pregnant condition.
(c) She is not allowed to leave her house because of her pregnant condition.
(d) The people in Colleen's town follow and harrass her.
15. When the media greets Anne and Justin at the new destination, what makes Anne feel uneasy?
(a) Anne thinks she sees Satan one night in her dreams.
(b) Anne can't reach Kathleen and she's uneasy about it.
(c) There is a man in the crowd that just doesn't fit in.
(d) The Pope will no longer share information with Anne and she's uneasy about Kathleen's safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the night her baby was conceived, what did Colleen see on Liffy Glade?
2. How are Colleen's son's eyes described?
3. What was Noelle going to college to study?
4. What is Anne's part in Father Rosetti's plan?
5. What leads Anne to believe that Father Rosetti has information about the investigation that he is not sharing?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)