|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colleen being in labor make Justin realize?
(a) Justin realizes that Father Rosetti may be of great harm to him.
(b) Justin realizes that the Devil has possessed Colleen.
(c) Justin realizes that Colleen may not live through the birth of her baby.
(d) Justin realizes that he has begun to think differently about marriage and relationships.
2. After praying with Father Rosetti, why does Kathleen call for Anne?
(a) Kathleen calls for Anne because she is about to have the baby and wants Anne there.
(b) Kathleen calls for Anne because she feels safer when Anne is near.
(c) Kathleen calls for Anne because she doesn't want to be by herself with Father Rosetti.
(d) Kathleen calls for Anne because she is worried about her and wants to make sure she's safe.
3. As Colleen stands in her kitchen, whom does Colleen see through her window?
(a) Justin approaching her house.
(b) A mob of townspeople approaching her house.
(c) Her mother and Sister Katherine sitting in the garden.
(d) Father Flannery approaching her house.
4. Why does Father Rosetti kill Father Flannery with a pitchfork?
(a) Father Rosetti recognizes the Devil inside Father Flannery so he kills him.
(b) Father Rosetti always had a problem with Father Flannery and took advantage of the situation.
(c) Father Rosetti was jealous of Father Flannery's relationship with Colleen.
(d) Father Rosetti accidentally killed Father Flannery.
5. On her way to church, what does Kathleen encounter?
(a) Colleen encountered a swarm of pigeons.
(b) Colleen encountered a swarm of blackbirds.
(c) Colleen encountered a swarm of reporters.
(d) Colleen encountered a swarm of bees.
6. What can Kathleen do that Mrs. Walsh can't?
(a) Talk to the press.
(b) Ignore the suggestions of "the voice."
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Have a baby.
7. Who watched Noelle perform her first miracle?
(a) Colleen's nineteen year old son with dark cold eyes saw Noelle perform her first miracle.
(b) Colleen saw Noelle perform her first miracle.
(c) Noelle's parents saw her perform her first miracle.
(d) Kathleen saw Noelle perform her first miracle.
8. What happens to Colleen's baby as he lays in Father Rosetti's arms?
(a) The baby is swooped up by a flock of blackbirds from Father Rosetti's arms.
(b) The baby dies while he is in Father Rosetti's arms.
(c) The baby assumes the shape of a beast and bites Father Rosetti.
(d) The baby begins to glow like an angel in Father Rosetti's arms.
9. What does Father Rosetti think about the blackbirds?
(a) Blackbirds are good luck.
(b) Blackbirds are bad luck.
(c) Blackbirds have a nest in the area and are simply looking for food.
(d) Each blackbird is a fallen angel coming to where Satan's child is born.
10. Where does Anne recognize the "man in the trenchcoat" from?
(a) His picture as a reporter for the local newspaper.
(b) The local chruch.
(c) When they first arrived at their new desination.
(d) Rhode Island.
11. After the incident of Kathleen on the ledge, what does the Vatican decide?
(a) That Anne is not doing a good job and reassigns Kathleen's case.
(b) That Kathleen should have her labor induced to remove the attention she is getting.
(c) That Rhode Island is no longer safe for Kathleen.
(d) They need to send more security to protect Kathleen.
12. Why does Father Rosetti arrive in New York?
(a) To get treated for Polio.
(b) To attend mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
(c) To do some sight seeing.
(d) To visit two people.
13. What happened the night after Jamie's ride to Sachuset Point?
(a) Kathleen's friends threw her a baby shower.
(b) Jamie came to Kathleen's house to apologize for the rumors he has been spreading.
(c) Kathleen's parents sent her to live with her grandparents.
(d) Mrs. Walsh enters Kathleen's bedroom with a knife.
14. What happens between Anne and Justin when they are together in their safe place?
(a) Anne confesses her feelings towards Justin and they kiss.
(b) Anne and Justin decide that after the investigation is over they will no longer be in contact with each other.
(c) Anne and Justin get into a fight and stop speaking to each other.
(d) Anne and Justin discover they don't share the same viewpoints about the case and they should work independently.
15. When Anne and Justin confront Father Rosetti, what does he eventually tell them?
(a) Father Rosetti tells them that he is not a real priest.
(b) Father Rosetti eventually tells them that he knows the secret to how the girls got pregnant.
(c) Father Rosetti eventually tells them about the prophecy.
(d) Father Rosetti tells them that he is hearing a voice in his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kathleen respond to the visit from the Pope while she is in labor?
2. What does the doctor Father Rosetti bumps into tell him?
3. How does Noelle perform her first miracle?
4. What did Anne and Justin do after the investigation was over?
5. Because Colleen doesn't feel well she wants to go to church. How come she almost doesn't make it there?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)