|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Rosetti do after Colleen gives birth to her son?
(a) Father Rosetti goes outside and makes an announcement to the press that a boy was born.
(b) Father Rosetti checks over the baby and then walks away with him in his arms.
(c) Father Rosetti contacts the Pope.
(d) Father Rosetti runs out of the room screaming.
2. What do people want from Kathleen?
(a) To perform miracles.
(b) To give her baby up for adoption.
(c) To sacrifice herself for her sins.
(d) To abort the baby.
3. In between Kathleen's contractions, what appears to Kathleen?
(a) The ghost of Mrs. Walsh appears to Kathleen.
(b) The ghost of Justin appears to Kathleen.
(c) The Devil appears to Kathleen.
(d) Flashbacks of Jamie and his friends and what they did to her appear to Kathleen.
4. What was Noelle going to college to study?
(a) Noelle was going to college to become a nurse.
(b) Noelle was going to college to become an architect.
(c) Noelle was going to college to study to be a teacher.
(d) Noelle was going to college to study to be a doctor.
5. Where is Kathleen going to have her baby?
(a) Nowhere--she is going to have the baby right where she is.
(b) To Ireland.
(c) Back to her home in Rhode Island.
(d) Inside Vatican City.
6. What reaches Kathleen's new destination before her?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The media.
(c) The polio virus.
(d) Kathleen's parents.
7. Why does Father Rosetti arrive in New York?
(a) To visit two people.
(b) To do some sight seeing.
(c) To attend mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
(d) To get treated for Polio.
8. Why does Colleen run to hide in the barn?
(a) Because she doesn't want to talk to Justin.
(b) To play a trick on her mother and Sister Katherine.
(c) Because she is afraid the mob of townspeople will hurt her.
(d) Because she does not want to see Father Flannery.
9. What is the Beaviers' reaction to Father Rosetti's news?
(a) Kathleen is angry because now she'll have to share the attention.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Beavier are stunned, but Kathleen seems to have no feelings towards it.
(c) Everyone is shocked.
(d) Kathleen is very happy she'll have someone to talk to about this that understands her situation.
10. What breaks Anne's train of thought as she admires the birth she just saw?
(a) Anne hears a window break.
(b) Anne hears a high pitch, animalistic scream from outside.
(c) Anne hears a voice demanding her to kill Kathleen's baby.
(d) Anne hears a knocking at the door.
11. What does the doctor Father Rosetti bumps into tell him?
(a) He would like to be present when Colleen has her baby.
(b) He needs to change his diet now that he feels better.
(c) He looks awful and should go to the hospital.
(d) He is the person who delivered Colleen and has her medical file.
12. Emotionally, how is Kathleen feeling after Jamie's death and Mrs. Walsh's behavior?
(a) Self-conscious about how much weight she's gained.
(c) Uncomfortable and miserable from her pregnancy.
(d) Overly sorry and frustrated because of people's expectations of her.
13. Where does Anne recognize the "man in the trenchcoat" from?
(a) Rhode Island.
(b) The local chruch.
(c) His picture as a reporter for the local newspaper.
(d) When they first arrived at their new desination.
14. Why does Jamie become agitated at the bar?
(a) Because his friends are harassing him about Kathleen.
(b) Because Kathleen's parents won't allow her to see him.
(c) Because his friends didn't show up at the bar.
(d) Because someone is being rude to him.
15. What did Colleen's son's eyes resemble from earlier in the novel?
(a) Colleen's son's eyes resembled his grandmother's eyes.
(b) Colleen's son's eyes resembled his mother's eyes.
(c) Colleen's son's eyes resembled those of evil as seen earlier in the novel.
(d) Colleen's son's eyes resembled his father's eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jamie on his way to Sachuset Point?
2. Why does Father Rosetti kill Father Flannery with a pitchfork?
3. On her way to church, what does Kathleen encounter?
4. After the incident of Kathleen on the ledge, what does the Vatican decide?
5. As Colleen hides in the barn, what is she thinking?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)