|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Father Rosetti and Justin arrive at Colleen's house what do they see?
(a) People are surrounding the house and yelling.
(b) Anne has also arrived at Colleen's house.
(c) All the lights are out and no one appears to be home at Colleen's house.
(d) A huge flock of blackbirds circling Colleen's house.
2. Why is Colleen's son at the scene of the miracle?
(a) To introduce himself to Noelle and be her friend.
(b) Because he lived in the area.
(c) To "claim" Noelle.
(d) Because he believed Noelle to be his long lost sister.
3. What reaches Kathleen's new destination before her?
(a) The media.
(b) The polio virus.
(c) Kathleen's parents.
(d) The Pope.
4. When they are at their safeplace in Italy, what are Anne and Justin worried about?
(a) They may catch the polio virus.
(b) That their safeplace will be discovered.
(c) Kathleen hurting herself again.
(d) About the girls.
5. As part of Father Rosetti's plan, where must Justin go?
(a) To Los Angeles to say a prayer for those dying of polio.
(b) To Rome to talk to the Italian president about the prophecy.
(c) To Ireland to be with Colleen.
(d) To the United States and keep the reporters away from the girls.
6. Where is Kathleen going to have her baby?
(a) Nowhere--she is going to have the baby right where she is.
(b) To Ireland.
(c) Back to her home in Rhode Island.
(d) Inside Vatican City.
7. While Kathleen is in the Vatican, Colleen is at home in Ireland. When Colleen returns to the kitchen, what is odd?
(a) Colleen's mother and Sister Katherine that were just there are now gone.
(b) Colleen sees Satan sitting in her room.
(c) Colleen sees Kathleen sitting in her house.
(d) Colleen suddenly forgets who and where she is.
8. What is the plan to get Kathleen out of her house?
(a) Three sedans are sent. Only one has Kathleen in it and once on the road they all go separate directions to confuse the press.
(b) They were going to hire a look-alike to make them think Kathleen was in the house, while the real Kathleen snuck out the back door.
(c) They decided to fake Kathleen going into labor and get her out in an ambulance.
(d) They would sneak Kathleen out at night when no one was looking.
9. How does Kathleen respond to the visit from the Pope while she is in labor?
(a) Kathleen is relieved to see him and confesses all her sins.
(b) Kathleen appears to have a seizure when the Pope visits.
(c) Kathleen is grateful for his visit and thanks him.
(d) Kathleen is uncomfortable because he thinks she has sinned.
10. On the night her baby was conceived, what did Colleen see on Liffy Glade?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Mother Mary sitting in the meadow.
(c) Someone being murdered.
(d) Men having sexual relations.
11. What does Father Rosetti learn about Colleen through her birth records?
(a) That she is adopted.
(b) That she was born with two sets of sex organs--one set of male, one female.
(c) That she has a rare disease.
(d) That she has a very rare blood type.
12. After the incident of Kathleen on the ledge, what does the Vatican decide?
(a) They need to send more security to protect Kathleen.
(b) That Rhode Island is no longer safe for Kathleen.
(c) That Anne is not doing a good job and reassigns Kathleen's case.
(d) That Kathleen should have her labor induced to remove the attention she is getting.
13. Emotionally, how is Kathleen feeling after Jamie's death and Mrs. Walsh's behavior?
(b) Overly sorry and frustrated because of people's expectations of her.
(c) Self-conscious about how much weight she's gained.
(d) Uncomfortable and miserable from her pregnancy.
14. Who watched Noelle perform her first miracle?
(a) Noelle's parents saw her perform her first miracle.
(b) Kathleen saw Noelle perform her first miracle.
(c) Colleen's nineteen year old son with dark cold eyes saw Noelle perform her first miracle.
(d) Colleen saw Noelle perform her first miracle.
15. When praying with Father Rosetti, what does Kathleen pray for?
(a) World peace.
(b) Mrs. Walsh's soul.
(c) A safe delivery of her baby.
(d) That Anne is safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Colleen's baby as he lays in Father Rosetti's arms?
2. When Father Rosetti arrives in Maam Cross, what is his condition?
3. Why does Father Flannery, the church's priest, make Colleen uncomfortable?
4. What surprising thing does Anne see from the beach?
5. What kind of life did Anne and Justin create?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)