|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Colleen stands in her kitchen, whom does Colleen see through her window?
(a) Justin approaching her house.
(b) Father Flannery approaching her house.
(c) A mob of townspeople approaching her house.
(d) Her mother and Sister Katherine sitting in the garden.
2. What does Colleen being in labor make Justin realize?
(a) Justin realizes that the Devil has possessed Colleen.
(b) Justin realizes that Father Rosetti may be of great harm to him.
(c) Justin realizes that Colleen may not live through the birth of her baby.
(d) Justin realizes that he has begun to think differently about marriage and relationships.
3. What made Noelle perform her first miracle?
(a) Noelle was upset by the loss of life and sadness she encountered.
(b) Noelle didn't like that things weren't going her way.
(c) Noelle just wanted to see if she had the power to do so.
(d) Noelle felt that the woman deserved to have a baby.
4. What was Noelle going to college to study?
(a) Noelle was going to college to become an architect.
(b) Noelle was going to college to become a nurse.
(c) Noelle was going to college to study to be a doctor.
(d) Noelle was going to college to study to be a teacher.
5. Who, in fact, is the father of Kathleen's baby?
(a) One of Jamie's friends.
(c) Father Rosetti.
6. What does Anne do when she sees Kathleen on the ledge?
(a) She uses her gun and shoots Mrs. Walsh dead.
(b) She runs to find help.
(c) She climbs up to the ledge to save Kathleen.
(d) She tells Kathleen to jump so she can catch her.
7. What does Mrs. Walsh call Kathleen?
(a) A sweet, caring young woman.
(c) Greedy and selfish.
(d) A liar.
8. What has caused the change in Mrs. Walsh's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Walsh did not get the raise she was anticipating and is acting out of anger.
(b) Mrs. Walsh is jealous that Kathleen is having a baby and she isn't.
(c) "The voice" has convinced Mrs. Walsh to act the way she does towards Kathleen.
(d) Mrs. Walsh is grateful for how Kathleen's parents have treated her and reflects her gratitude with kindness towards Kathleen.
9. How does Kathleen respond to the visit from the Pope while she is in labor?
(a) Kathleen is relieved to see him and confesses all her sins.
(b) Kathleen is uncomfortable because he thinks she has sinned.
(c) Kathleen is grateful for his visit and thanks him.
(d) Kathleen appears to have a seizure when the Pope visits.
10. How does being in the church make Colleen feel?
(a) Being in the chuch makes Colleen nervous.
(b) Being in the church makes Colleen angry.
(c) Being in the church comforts Colleen.
(d) Being in the church makes Colleen feel guilty.
11. What happens to the world on the night of the births?
(a) The world begins to spin even faster around the sun.
(b) The world is struck by a huge meteor.
(c) The world begins to "heal" on the night of the births.
(d) The world gets even more chaotic and out of control.
12. How are Colleen's son's eyes described?
(a) A beautiful stone gray.
(b) As warm and caring.
(c) As the color of emeralds.
(d) As dark and cold.
13. What happens to Jamie on his way to Sachuset Point?
(a) Jamie gets in an accident.
(b) Jamie gets pulled over.
(c) Jamie decides to turn around and go home.
(d) Jamie crashes his car and dies.
14. What is the purpose of Father Rosetti going to see Monsignor Stingley?
(a) The Monsignor is the other person who shares knowledge of the prophecy, and Father Rosetti wanted to share what he knew.
(b) The Monsignor is an old friend and he wanted to just say hello.
(c) The Monsignor is going to give Father Rosetti advice on how to transfer to his church.
(d) The Monsignor was going to listen to Father Rosetti's confession.
15. As part of Father Rosetti's plan, where must Justin go?
(a) To the United States and keep the reporters away from the girls.
(b) To Los Angeles to say a prayer for those dying of polio.
(c) To Ireland to be with Colleen.
(d) To Rome to talk to the Italian president about the prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In between Kathleen's contractions, what appears to Kathleen?
2. When they are at their safeplace in Italy, what are Anne and Justin worried about?
3. What are Anne's and Justin's opinion of Colleen?
4. How does Noelle perform her first miracle?
5. What leads Anne to believe that Father Rosetti has information about the investigation that he is not sharing?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)