|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
(b) She is in denial.
(c) She is in complete shock.
(d) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
2. What happens to Kathleen as she prepares for the conference?
(a) She gets very nervous and starts to cry.
(b) She hears "the voice" again.
(c) She realizes she forgot the paper with the information she wanted to say.
(d) She remembers how she got pregnant.
3. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
(a) That Kathleen is a compulsive liar.
(b) That Kathleen is new to the town and pretty much stays to herself.
(c) That Kathleen never dated before.
(d) The name of the boy Kathleen was dating when she became pregnant.
4. Where did Colleen conceive her baby?
(a) At Liffey Glade.
(b) On a rocky beach.
(c) On a snowy mountain peak.
(d) In Boston, MA.
5. What makes Colleen's visitor end the meeting early and rush away?
(a) The visitor had an emergency at home and had to leave in a hurry.
(b) The visitor felt very uncomfortable around Colleen and couldn't stay there one more minute.
(c) The visitor heard "the voice" and was having inappropriate temptations.
(d) The visitor forgot a previous appointment and rushed out.
6. Where does Kathleen believe her baby was conceived?
(a) At her sixteenth birthday party.
(b) She can't remember.
(c) At a football pep rally.
(d) On a weekend trip.
7. While Kathleen is speaking at the press conference, what happens to Mrs. Walsh?
(a) She leaves because she is angry at Kathleen's behavior.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is struck with "blindness and hearing loss."
8. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
(a) Kathleen's parents.
(b) No one.
(c) Kathleen's boyfriend.
(d) Kathleen's friends.
9. What discovery does Kathleen make when she explores the clinic?
(a) No one is in the office.
(b) A woman is having a baby alone.
(c) The nurse and doctor at the clinic are dead.
(d) The office staff is having a meeting.
10. How is Colleen feeling during her last few weeks of pregnancy?
(b) Alone and "cooped up."
(c) Depressed and anxious.
(d) Uncomfortable and sick all the time.
11. When Anne and Father O'Carroll are reunited at the Beavier home, how do they react towards each other?
(a) They are thrilled to see each other again.
(b) They introduce themselves because they have never met before.
(c) They are angry they have to work with each other.
(d) They remember the feelings they had for each other years ago.
12. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
(a) A flood will occur.
(b) The world will end within the year.
(c) Two virgin births will occur.
(d) The Red Sea will part again.
13. What word would best describe the sound Kathleen hears at the clinic?
14. What happens to Father Rosetti on his way to Ireland?
(a) He gets violently ill.
(b) He misses his plane.
(c) His plane crashes.
(d) He meets Anne Fitzgerald.
15. What does Doctor's Shapiro's examination prove?
(a) Kathleen is pregnant and a virgin.
(b) Kathleen is mentally insane.
(c) Kathleen is not pregnant at all.
(d) Kathleen is pregnant but not a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Colleen resemble Mother Mary?
2. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
3. What is occurring at Kathleen's home that makes her feel that things aren't normal?
4. How does Justin hurt Anne's feelings?
5. Why does Kathleen have to sit impatiently at her destination in the city?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)