|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anne Ftizgerald's previous occupation?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A private investigator.
(c) A musician.
(d) A nun.
2. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
(b) She is in denial.
(c) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
(d) She is in complete shock.
3. Despite her situation, what does Kathleen try for the first time after her discovery at the clinic?
(a) She tries alcohol.
(b) She tries shellfish.
(c) She tries step aerobics.
(d) She tries to commit suicide.
4. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They are friendly.
(c) They are unfriendly.
(d) They are helpful.
5. What is Anne Fitzgerald's occupation?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A nun.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A musician.
6. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
(a) Herself in a past life.
(b) Of what her baby will look like when it is born.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
7. What is different about the recent epidemic of polio virus than previous strains?
(a) This strain is not deadly.
(b) This strain affects people's joints and can kill within 2 weeks.
(c) This strain causes only a rash and no other symptoms.
(d) This strain is only contagious if someone is touched by a person who is contaminated.
8. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
(a) The name of the boy Kathleen was dating when she became pregnant.
(b) That Kathleen is new to the town and pretty much stays to herself.
(c) That Kathleen never dated before.
(d) That Kathleen is a compulsive liar.
9. Why did Anne leave her home when she was younger?
(a) Anne was homeless and had nowhere else to go.
(b) Anne went to take care of a sick aunt.
(c) Anne had to fulfill a committment to God.
(d) Anne left to go to college.
10. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
11. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
(b) To teach the prophecy to others.
(c) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
(d) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
12. Who hires Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) The Cardinal of the Catholic Archdiocese in Boston.
(b) Kathleen's family.
(c) The city of Boston.
13. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
(a) No one.
(b) Kathleen's friends.
(c) Kathleen's parents.
(d) Kathleen's boyfriend.
14. Whom does Colleen's visitor say Colleen resembles?
(a) The "mother of Christ."
(b) An angel.
(c) A person the visitor met a long time ago.
(d) A movie star.
15. What happens to Father Rosetti on his way to Ireland?
(a) He gets violently ill.
(b) He meets Anne Fitzgerald.
(c) His plane crashes.
(d) He misses his plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
2. What made Anne "reconsider her vows" and quit being a nun?
3. What city does Kathleen travel to?
4. What time frame can the last few weeks of the girls' pregnancies be compared to?
5. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)