|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is in complete shock.
(b) She is in denial.
(c) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
(d) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
2. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) The mother of Christ.
(b) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
(c) The Devil.
(d) Cardinal Rooney.
3. What does Kathleen hear at the clinic that she has never heard before?
(a) A buzzing sound.
(b) A whistle.
(c) "A voice".
(d) A gurgling sound.
4. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
(b) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
(c) Because they were both different from everyone else.
(d) Because they both are free spirits.
5. Who is Les Porter?
(a) An American journalist who wants to verify Kathleen and Colleen's cases with the Vatican.
(b) A former priest and friend of Cardinal Rooney.
(c) Kathleen's boyfriend.
(d) Colleen's boyfriend.
6. What upsets Cardinal Rooney after Doctor Shapiro gives his report about Kathleen?
(a) He is unhappy with Anne's job perfomance.
(b) He is unhappy that people are protesting outside the Vatican.
(c) He didn't like Doctor Shapiro's report.
(d) He doesn;t like the negative attention Colleen's situation is attracting.
7. How does Father Rosetti cross paths with Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They work at the homeless shelter together.
(c) He bumps into Anne on the subway.
(d) He has been assigned to investigate the Polio outbreak at the same time Anne is in Los Angeles.
8. Who is the first female character to be introduced?
(d) Mrs. Walsh.
9. How is Colleen feeling during her last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Alone and "cooped up."
(c) Depressed and anxious.
(d) Uncomfortable and sick all the time.
10. When Anne and Father O'Carroll are reunited at the Beavier home, how do they react towards each other?
(a) They are thrilled to see each other again.
(b) They remember the feelings they had for each other years ago.
(c) They are angry they have to work with each other.
(d) They introduce themselves because they have never met before.
11. Who will be affected if the prophecy of the Catholic Church is fulfilled?
(a) No one.
(b) Only Europeans.
(c) The whole world.
(d) Only Americans.
12. What conclusion does Mrs. Walsh come to as she watches Kathleen prepare for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen is very lonely.
(b) That Kathleen is a very sweet girl.
(c) That Kathleen is a liar.
(d) That Kathleen is evil.
13. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
(a) Herself in a past life.
(b) Of what her baby will look like when it is born.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The Devil.
14. At the press conference, how does Kathleen disobey her mother?
(a) By speaking to a reporter right before the conference without her mother present.
(b) By running away right before the press conference.
(c) By staying out past curfew the night before the press conference.
(d) By allowing her friends in the conference area.
15. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They are helpful.
(c) They are friendly.
(d) They are unfriendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Father Rosetti best described?
2. What has followed Kathleen to the Newport Hospital?
3. What was Anne Ftizgerald's previous occupation?
4. Why does Kathleen have to sit impatiently at her destination in the city?
5. Who goes to visit Colleen in Ireland?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)