|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
(b) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
(c) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
(d) To teach the prophecy to others.
2. How is Jamie's personality described?
(a) A stubborn young man.
(b) Rude and obnoxious.
(c) A kind and generous young man.
(d) Confident, but with "inner insecurities."
3. Why does Kathleen continue to have "crazy thoughts"?
(a) She keeps hearing the "voice."
(b) She can't deal with pregnancy and feels trapped.
(c) She is stressed about school.
(d) She worries there is something wrong with the baby.
4. How does Jamie react when he is told about the medical evidence contradicting the story he tells?
(a) Jamie is relieved the truth was finally unveiled.
(b) Jamie is shocked and doesn't know what to say.
(c) Jamie gets angry and violent.
(d) Jamie is very upset and confused.
5. How is Colleen feeling during her last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Uncomfortable and sick all the time.
(b) Alone and "cooped up."
(c) Depressed and anxious.
6. How is Father Rosetti best described?
(c) Mean and rude.
(d) Handsome, healthy and true to his faith.
7. What happens to Colleen the day after her nightmare when she leaves her house?
(a) She runs into a group of boys that offer to walk her back home.
(b) She is confronted by reporters about her pregnancy.
(c) She bumps into Kathleen for the first time.
(d) She is teased and harassed physically by a group of boys.
8. Why did Anne leave her home when she was younger?
(a) Anne was homeless and had nowhere else to go.
(b) Anne left to go to college.
(c) Anne had to fulfill a committment to God.
(d) Anne went to take care of a sick aunt.
9. How does Father Rosetti feel about the world during the girls' last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) He says he's never seen more prosperous times.
(b) He says it is very peaceful.
(c) He is amazed at the kindness of people.
(d) He says it is Hell.
10. While Kathleen is speaking at the press conference, what happens to Mrs. Walsh?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She leaves because she is angry at Kathleen's behavior.
(c) She is struck with "blindness and hearing loss."
(d) She faints.
11. How do Kathleen's parents feel about her pregnancy?
(b) Confused and stressed.
(c) Happy they are going to be grandparents.
12. What happens to Father Rosetti when he was entrusted with the prophecy of the church?
(a) He dies.
(b) He falls ill with a debilitatiting sickness, and now hears a "voice" in his head.
(c) He brags that he knows about the prophecy and blackmails the church.
(d) He is kidnapped.
13. If the prophecy of the Catholic Church is fulfilled, what will occur?
(a) A great arc will be built.
(b) There will be no more world wars.
(c) A new planet will be born.
(d) The savior and the son of Satan will be born.
14. What are some ways Anne investigates Kathleen's story more thoroughly?
(a) By going to the place the baby was conceived and talking to Jamie Jordan III, Kathleen's boyfriend.
(b) Interviewing all her teachers.
(c) Interviewing all her friends.
(d) Looking through pictures and reading her journal.
15. How is Colleen in a similar situation as Kathleen?
(a) She goes to a private school very similar to Kathleen's.
(b) She doesn't get along with her parents just like Kathleen.
(c) She has no friends just like Kathleen.
(d) She is also a pregnant and claims to be a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Colleen resemble Mother Mary?
2. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
3. Why is Anne "transfixed" by Kathleen's face?
4. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
5. What has followed Kathleen to the Newport Hospital?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)