|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Rosetti cross paths with Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) They work at the homeless shelter together.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) He has been assigned to investigate the Polio outbreak at the same time Anne is in Los Angeles.
(d) He bumps into Anne on the subway.
2. How does Colleen resemble Mother Mary?
(a) Colleen is a strong-willed woman.
(b) Colleen is alone in a small town with no real friends or companions.
(c) Colleen is shocked over her current condition,.
(d) Colleen is sweet and genuine.
3. What does Kathleen do to relax and ease her mind of her troubles?
(a) Goes for a long walk in the country.
(b) Goes to the beach and takes a swim.
(c) Leaves town for a long weekend.
(d) Goes to her room and writes in her journal.
4. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
(a) They are unfriendly.
(b) They are helpful.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are friendly.
5. What time frame can the last few weeks of the girls' pregnancies be compared to?
(a) Biblical times.
(b) Prehistoric time.
(c) The Industrial Revolution.
(d) The Great Depression.
6. Where does Father Rosetti end up?
(b) Rhode Island.
(c) New York City.
7. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
(b) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
(c) Because they both are free spirits.
(d) Because they were both different from everyone else.
8. How is Father Rosetti best described?
(b) Mean and rude.
(c) Handsome, healthy and true to his faith.
9. How is Jamie's personality described?
(a) Rude and obnoxious.
(b) Confident, but with "inner insecurities."
(c) A stubborn young man.
(d) A kind and generous young man.
10. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
(b) She is in complete shock.
(c) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
(d) She is in denial.
11. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
(a) Father Rosetti decides that the prophecy is nonsense and dismisses the whole idea.
(b) Father Rosetti decides that if the prophecy is true, one of the girls is carrying the Son of Satan and that child must be stopped before the world is destroyed.
(c) Father Rosetti believes that the events occurring in the world at this time is just coincidence.
(d) Father Rosetti decides he should not keep the prophecy to himself anymore because it is not safe for him.
12. What does Jamie insist about his relationship with Kathleen?
(a) Jamie insists that they are in love.
(b) Jamie insists that he had sex with Kathleen so she can't be a virgin.
(c) Jamie insists that they never had a relationship and Kathleen made it all up.
(d) Jamie insists he never slept with her and the baby can't be his.
13. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The mother of Christ.
(c) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
(d) Cardinal Rooney.
14. Why is Doctor Shapiro's opinion more important to Kathleen than the opinion of the other doctors who have examined her?
(a) Because he completely believes her.
(b) Because he is the best in his field.
(c) Because he doesn't look down on her situation.
(d) Because he is not working with the church.
15. What is Anne's reaction upon entering the Beavier's household?
(a) Not impressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kathleen seek solace for her "crazy thoughts"?
2. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
3. How does Cardinal Rooney remember Anne?
4. What happens to Father Rosetti on his way to Ireland?
5. During her press conference speech, what happens to Kathleen?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)