|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
(a) The Devil.
(b) Of what her baby will look like when it is born.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Herself in a past life.
2. How does Justin hurt Anne's feelings?
(a) He tells her that she is only in his way in this investigation.
(b) He tells her that she should find another career because she isn't a good investigator.
(c) He tells her that she is "emotionally disconnected."
(d) He tells her that he is leaving the investigation and going back home.
3. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
(a) If he should just go back to the states and forget about the trip.
(b) If he is really meant to go to Ireland.
(c) If this was a bad omen.
(d) If it was an accident or meant for him.
4. Who goes to visit Colleen in Ireland?
(b) Cardinal Rooney.
(d) Father Rosetti.
5. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
(a) That Kathleen is new to the town and pretty much stays to herself.
(b) That Kathleen never dated before.
(c) That Kathleen is a compulsive liar.
(d) The name of the boy Kathleen was dating when she became pregnant.
6. Who is Les Porter?
(a) Kathleen's boyfriend.
(b) A former priest and friend of Cardinal Rooney.
(c) Colleen's boyfriend.
(d) An American journalist who wants to verify Kathleen and Colleen's cases with the Vatican.
7. What does Jamie insist about his relationship with Kathleen?
(a) Jamie insists that they are in love.
(b) Jamie insists that they never had a relationship and Kathleen made it all up.
(c) Jamie insists that he had sex with Kathleen so she can't be a virgin.
(d) Jamie insists he never slept with her and the baby can't be his.
8. Where does Kathleen believe her baby was conceived?
(a) She can't remember.
(b) At a football pep rally.
(c) On a weekend trip.
(d) At her sixteenth birthday party.
9. Why does Father Rosetti feel pressure to solve this mystery of the virgin pregnancies?
(a) He feels that everything that has happened is his fault.
(b) He doesn't want the church to get any more negative attention.
(c) He knows that there is evil present and that the "church is relying on him."
(d) He knows that the pregnant girls are relying on him.
10. Why is Doctor Shapiro's opinion more important to Kathleen than the opinion of the other doctors who have examined her?
(a) Because he completely believes her.
(b) Because he is not working with the church.
(c) Because he is the best in his field.
(d) Because he doesn't look down on her situation.
11. What is a characteristic both Colleen and Kathleen have in common?
(a) They both enjoy reading.
(b) They both feel like they need to escape at times.
(c) They are both thrilled with the attention they are getting.
(d) They both are very popular in school.
12. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
(a) Give her medication to make "the voice" go away.
(b) Give her any medication for the cold she has.
(c) Put a cast on her broken wrist.
(d) A cesarean delivery.
13. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
14. Even though Father Rosetti is troubled, what does he continue to think about?
(a) How lucky he is to be alive after what he's been through.
(b) What a miracle it is that both girls are virgins and pregnant.
(c) How lucky he is to be working with Anne Fitzgerald.
(d) The prophecy that the Pope trusted him with.
15. How old is the first female character that is introduced?
(a) She is 18.
(b) She is 16.
(c) She is 15.
(d) She is 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jamie's personality described?
2. How does Father Rosetti feel about the world during the girls' last few weeks of pregnancy?
3. How does Father Rosetti cross paths with Anne Fitzgerald?
4. What city does Kathleen travel to?
5. What is Anne's reaction upon entering the Beavier's household?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)