|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
(a) Give her medication to make "the voice" go away.
(b) Give her any medication for the cold she has.
(c) A cesarean delivery.
(d) Put a cast on her broken wrist.
2. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) Of what her baby will look like when it is born.
(d) Herself in a past life.
3. What is a characteristic both Colleen and Kathleen have in common?
(a) They both enjoy reading.
(b) They both feel like they need to escape at times.
(c) They both are very popular in school.
(d) They are both thrilled with the attention they are getting.
4. Why is Doctor Shapiro's opinion more important to Kathleen than the opinion of the other doctors who have examined her?
(a) Because he is the best in his field.
(b) Because he doesn't look down on her situation.
(c) Because he is not working with the church.
(d) Because he completely believes her.
5. What is the relationship between Anne and Father Justin O'Carroll, the new investigator hired to help her?
(a) They knew each other when Anne was a nun.
(b) They dislike each other greatly.
(c) They respect each other, but don't share the same opinions.
(d) They are just meeting each other for the first time and are curious about eachother.
6. What has followed Kathleen to the Newport Hospital?
(a) The Polio illness.
(b) Kathleen's entire family.
(d) A group of reporters.
7. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
(a) As annoying.
(b) As a mentor whom she looks up to.
(c) As her "special protector."
(d) As a sweet, but shy woman.
8. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because they were both different from everyone else.
(b) Because they both are free spirits.
(c) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
(d) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
9. Where did Colleen conceive her baby?
(a) At Liffey Glade.
(b) On a snowy mountain peak.
(c) In Boston, MA.
(d) On a rocky beach.
10. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
(b) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
(c) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
(d) To teach the prophecy to others.
11. What does Jamie insist about his relationship with Kathleen?
(a) Jamie insists that they are in love.
(b) Jamie insists that he had sex with Kathleen so she can't be a virgin.
(c) Jamie insists that they never had a relationship and Kathleen made it all up.
(d) Jamie insists he never slept with her and the baby can't be his.
12. Six months earlier, Colleen bumped into gypsies. What did one of the gypsies think about Colleen?
(a) She was special.
(b) She was evil.
(c) She was very sweet.
(d) She was rude and disrespectful.
13. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
(a) "Never believe everything you are told."
(b) "You are not alone."
(c) "Never trust anyone."
(d) "Stay away from Ireland."
14. What does Anne discover when preparing for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen's mom treats Kathleen poorly.
(b) That Kathleen has been lying to her the entire time.
(c) That Kathleen's friends know what happened eight months earlier.
(d) That Kathleen's mother has been keeping Kathleen away from her friends.
15. On his death bed, what does the Pope recall?
(a) A time when the mother of Christ spoke to him.
(b) Meeting Jesus Christ.
(c) The day when the "Blessed Lady visited Fatima."
(d) A time of great depression in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Father Rosetti best described?
2. What is unique about Kathleen's pregnancy?
3. How does Father Rosetti feel about the world during the girls' last few weeks of pregnancy?
4. According to the Pope, what happened on October 13, 1917?
5. Why does Kathleen continue to have "crazy thoughts"?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)