|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Colleen's visitor say Colleen resembles?
(a) A movie star.
(b) The "mother of Christ."
(c) A person the visitor met a long time ago.
(d) An angel.
2. During her press conference speech, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She wants to declare the truth about her pregnancy and the father.
(b) She wants to say that her pregnancy is a lie, and it was all her mother's idea.
(c) She is tempted by "the voice" to say inappropriate things about herself and her baby.
(d) She feels faint.
3. How is Father Rosetti best described?
(a) Mean and rude.
(b) Handsome, healthy and true to his faith.
4. What conclusion does Mrs. Walsh come to as she watches Kathleen prepare for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen is a very sweet girl.
(b) That Kathleen is a liar.
(c) That Kathleen is evil.
(d) That Kathleen is very lonely.
5. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is in complete shock.
(b) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
(c) She is in denial.
(d) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
6. What is the relationship between Anne and Father Justin O'Carroll, the new investigator hired to help her?
(a) They dislike each other greatly.
(b) They respect each other, but don't share the same opinions.
(c) They knew each other when Anne was a nun.
(d) They are just meeting each other for the first time and are curious about eachother.
7. What is it about the gypsies that made Colleen enjoy their company?
(a) Colleen liked the stories the gypsies had to tell.
(b) Colleen liked the compassion of the gypsies.
(c) Colleen liked the honesty of the gypsies.
(d) Colleen liked that the gypsies were carefree.
8. Why is Anne "transfixed" by Kathleen's face?
(a) Because Kathleen has a birth defect.
(b) Because Kathleen looks like an angel.
(c) Because Kathleen reminds Anne of herself at that age.
(d) Because Kathleen doesn't look like a girl who would get mixed up in the wrong crowd or get herself pregnant.
9. Why does Father Rosetti feel pressure to solve this mystery of the virgin pregnancies?
(a) He feels that everything that has happened is his fault.
(b) He knows that the pregnant girls are relying on him.
(c) He doesn't want the church to get any more negative attention.
(d) He knows that there is evil present and that the "church is relying on him."
10. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
(c) The mother of Christ.
(d) Cardinal Rooney.
11. Despite her situation, what does Kathleen try for the first time after her discovery at the clinic?
(a) She tries step aerobics.
(b) She tries shellfish.
(c) She tries alcohol.
(d) She tries to commit suicide.
12. What upsets Cardinal Rooney after Doctor Shapiro gives his report about Kathleen?
(a) He is unhappy with Anne's job perfomance.
(b) He didn't like Doctor Shapiro's report.
(c) He is unhappy that people are protesting outside the Vatican.
(d) He doesn;t like the negative attention Colleen's situation is attracting.
13. What is Anne's reaction upon entering the Beavier's household?
(a) Not impressed.
14. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
(a) As her "special protector."
(b) As a sweet, but shy woman.
(c) As a mentor whom she looks up to.
(d) As annoying.
15. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) As if she's not there.
(b) With great hospitality.
(c) With gratuity.
(d) With hostility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
2. Who intervenes during the incident Colleen had when she left her house after her nightmare?
3. Why does Kathleen have to sit impatiently at her destination in the city?
4. Who goes to visit Colleen in Ireland?
5. Who will be affected if the prophecy of the Catholic Church is fulfilled?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)