|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Colleen feeling during her last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Depressed and anxious.
(b) Alone and "cooped up."
(d) Uncomfortable and sick all the time.
2. How is Colleen in a similar situation as Kathleen?
(a) She goes to a private school very similar to Kathleen's.
(b) She has no friends just like Kathleen.
(c) She is also a pregnant and claims to be a virgin.
(d) She doesn't get along with her parents just like Kathleen.
3. What is happening to the world during Collen a Kathleen's last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Pirate attacks.
(b) Many natural disasters.
(c) Another World War.
(d) An economic recession.
4. How does Kathleen react to her pregnancy?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She has never been happier.
(c) She is devastated.
(d) She has been expecting this news.
5. What time frame can the last few weeks of the girls' pregnancies be compared to?
(a) Prehistoric time.
(b) Biblical times.
(c) The Industrial Revolution.
(d) The Great Depression.
6. What city does Kathleen travel to?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
7. How is Jamie's personality described?
(a) Rude and obnoxious.
(b) A stubborn young man.
(c) A kind and generous young man.
(d) Confident, but with "inner insecurities."
8. How is Father Rosetti best described?
(a) Mean and rude.
(c) Handsome, healthy and true to his faith.
9. What happens to Father Rosetti on his way to Ireland?
(a) He meets Anne Fitzgerald.
(b) He misses his plane.
(c) His plane crashes.
(d) He gets violently ill.
10. How does Father Rosetti cross paths with Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) They work at the homeless shelter together.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) He has been assigned to investigate the Polio outbreak at the same time Anne is in Los Angeles.
(d) He bumps into Anne on the subway.
11. Why is Anne "transfixed" by Kathleen's face?
(a) Because Kathleen doesn't look like a girl who would get mixed up in the wrong crowd or get herself pregnant.
(b) Because Kathleen has a birth defect.
(c) Because Kathleen reminds Anne of herself at that age.
(d) Because Kathleen looks like an angel.
12. What has followed Kathleen to the Newport Hospital?
(a) A group of reporters.
(b) Kathleen's entire family.
(d) The Polio illness.
13. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
(b) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
(c) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
(d) To teach the prophecy to others.
14. When Anne and Father O'Carroll are reunited at the Beavier home, how do they react towards each other?
(a) They are angry they have to work with each other.
(b) They introduce themselves because they have never met before.
(c) They are thrilled to see each other again.
(d) They remember the feelings they had for each other years ago.
15. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) With great hospitality.
(b) With gratuity.
(c) As if she's not there.
(d) With hostility.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
2. What is troubling Father Rosetti after his accident?
3. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
4. What is unique about Kathleen's pregnancy?
5. According to the Pope, what happened on October 13, 1917?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)