|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because they both are free spirits.
(b) Because they were both different from everyone else.
(c) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
(d) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
2. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
(a) If he is really meant to go to Ireland.
(b) If he should just go back to the states and forget about the trip.
(c) If it was an accident or meant for him.
(d) If this was a bad omen.
3. What is Anne Fitzgerald's occupation?
(a) A nun.
(b) A musician.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A lawyer.
4. How is Father Rosetti best described?
(a) Handsome, healthy and true to his faith.
(b) Mean and rude.
5. Why is Doctor Shapiro's opinion more important to Kathleen than the opinion of the other doctors who have examined her?
(a) Because he completely believes her.
(b) Because he is not working with the church.
(c) Because he doesn't look down on her situation.
(d) Because he is the best in his field.
6. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
(a) "Never believe everything you are told."
(b) "You are not alone."
(c) "Never trust anyone."
(d) "Stay away from Ireland."
7. If the prophecy of the Catholic Church is fulfilled, what will occur?
(a) A great arc will be built.
(b) The savior and the son of Satan will be born.
(c) There will be no more world wars.
(d) A new planet will be born.
8. How do Kathleen's parents feel about her pregnancy?
(a) Happy they are going to be grandparents.
(b) Confused and stressed.
9. How does Cardinal Rooney remember Anne?
(a) As rude and inconsiderate.
(b) As irresponsible.
(d) Not at all.
10. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is in complete shock.
(b) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
(c) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
(d) She is in denial.
11. What is occurring at Kathleen's home that makes her feel that things aren't normal?
(a) Kathleen notices that everyone is being overly nice to her and always offering to help her out.
(b) Kathleen has noticed that her parents aren't speaking to each other at all.
(c) Kathleen feels her parents are judging, and Mrs. Walsh is always unhappy with her.
(d) Kathleen notices that things are going missing from her house.
12. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
(a) As a sweet, but shy woman.
(b) As annoying.
(c) As a mentor whom she looks up to.
(d) As her "special protector."
13. Where does Father Rosetti end up?
(a) Rhode Island.
(c) New York City.
14. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
(a) Put a cast on her broken wrist.
(b) Give her medication to make "the voice" go away.
(c) Give her any medication for the cold she has.
(d) A cesarean delivery.
15. Who is Les Porter?
(a) An American journalist who wants to verify Kathleen and Colleen's cases with the Vatican.
(b) Colleen's boyfriend.
(c) A former priest and friend of Cardinal Rooney.
(d) Kathleen's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
2. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
3. How does Father Rosetti feel about the world during the girls' last few weeks of pregnancy?
4. What upsets Cardinal Rooney after Doctor Shapiro gives his report about Kathleen?
5. During her press conference speech, what happens to Kathleen?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)