|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first female character to be introduced?
(c) Mrs. Walsh.
2. What is different about the recent epidemic of polio virus than previous strains?
(a) This strain affects people's joints and can kill within 2 weeks.
(b) This strain is only contagious if someone is touched by a person who is contaminated.
(c) This strain causes only a rash and no other symptoms.
(d) This strain is not deadly.
3. What is it about the gypsies that made Colleen enjoy their company?
(a) Colleen liked the honesty of the gypsies.
(b) Colleen liked the stories the gypsies had to tell.
(c) Colleen liked the compassion of the gypsies.
(d) Colleen liked that the gypsies were carefree.
4. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is in complete shock.
(b) She is in denial.
(c) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
(d) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
5. What is it about the nightmares that make them so awful?
(a) They were having visions of being raped.
(b) They had a vision of a person stalking them.
(c) The men in the dream were turning into "dangerous and fierce beasts."
(d) They had visions of a plane crashing and everyone dying.
6. Six months earlier, Colleen bumped into gypsies. What did one of the gypsies think about Colleen?
(a) She was very sweet.
(b) She was evil.
(c) She was rude and disrespectful.
(d) She was special.
7. What happens to Father Rosetti when he was entrusted with the prophecy of the church?
(a) He brags that he knows about the prophecy and blackmails the church.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He falls ill with a debilitatiting sickness, and now hears a "voice" in his head.
(d) He dies.
8. How is Father Rosetti best described?
(b) Handsome, healthy and true to his faith.
(d) Mean and rude.
9. Whom is Sister Katherine, Father Flannery, and Father Rosetti searching for?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Someone who knows the prophecy.
10. What does Doctor's Shapiro's examination prove?
(a) Kathleen is mentally insane.
(b) Kathleen is not pregnant at all.
(c) Kathleen is pregnant but not a virgin.
(d) Kathleen is pregnant and a virgin.
11. Why does Kathleen take a trip to this city?
(a) To get an abortion.
(b) To go to a concert.
(c) To visit family.
(d) To go shopping.
12. Whom does Colleen's visitor say Colleen resembles?
(a) A person the visitor met a long time ago.
(b) An angel.
(c) A movie star.
(d) The "mother of Christ."
13. What is a characteristic both Colleen and Kathleen have in common?
(a) They are both thrilled with the attention they are getting.
(b) They both enjoy reading.
(c) They both are very popular in school.
(d) They both feel like they need to escape at times.
14. According to the Pope, what happened on October 13, 1917?
(a) That is the date the Vatican was built.
(b) That is the date the Pope decided to devote his life to God.
(c) That is the date that the Virgin Mary was seen by many people, and her message was understood by three children.
(d) That is the date the Pope was born.
15. What does Kathleen hear at the clinic that she has never heard before?
(a) A buzzing sound.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A gurgling sound.
(d) "A voice".
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the first female character that is introduced?
2. Who is Les Porter?
3. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
4. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
5. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)