|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jamie react when he is told about the medical evidence contradicting the story he tells?
(a) Jamie is very upset and confused.
(b) Jamie is shocked and doesn't know what to say.
(c) Jamie is relieved the truth was finally unveiled.
(d) Jamie gets angry and violent.
2. Why does Father Rosetti feel pressure to solve this mystery of the virgin pregnancies?
(a) He knows that there is evil present and that the "church is relying on him."
(b) He knows that the pregnant girls are relying on him.
(c) He feels that everything that has happened is his fault.
(d) He doesn't want the church to get any more negative attention.
3. Six months earlier, Colleen bumped into gypsies. What did one of the gypsies think about Colleen?
(a) She was evil.
(b) She was very sweet.
(c) She was special.
(d) She was rude and disrespectful.
4. Why is Anne "transfixed" by Kathleen's face?
(a) Because Kathleen doesn't look like a girl who would get mixed up in the wrong crowd or get herself pregnant.
(b) Because Kathleen has a birth defect.
(c) Because Kathleen looks like an angel.
(d) Because Kathleen reminds Anne of herself at that age.
5. Who is Les Porter?
(a) An American journalist who wants to verify Kathleen and Colleen's cases with the Vatican.
(b) Kathleen's boyfriend.
(c) Colleen's boyfriend.
(d) A former priest and friend of Cardinal Rooney.
6. What does Kathleen hear at the clinic that she has never heard before?
(a) A buzzing sound.
(b) "A voice".
(c) A gurgling sound.
(d) A whistle.
7. What is unique about Kathleen's pregnancy?
(a) She is having quadruplets.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) She was artifically inseminated.
(d) She is a surrogate mother.
8. How does Colleen resemble Mother Mary?
(a) Colleen is shocked over her current condition,.
(b) Colleen is a strong-willed woman.
(c) Colleen is sweet and genuine.
(d) Colleen is alone in a small town with no real friends or companions.
9. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York City.
10. What discovery does Kathleen make when she explores the clinic?
(a) A woman is having a baby alone.
(b) No one is in the office.
(c) The nurse and doctor at the clinic are dead.
(d) The office staff is having a meeting.
11. What is it about the gypsies that made Colleen enjoy their company?
(a) Colleen liked the stories the gypsies had to tell.
(b) Colleen liked the compassion of the gypsies.
(c) Colleen liked the honesty of the gypsies.
(d) Colleen liked that the gypsies were carefree.
12. Who hires Anne Fitzgerald?
(b) The Cardinal of the Catholic Archdiocese in Boston.
(c) The city of Boston.
(d) Kathleen's family.
13. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
(a) They are unfriendly.
(b) They are friendly.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are helpful.
14. At the press conference, how does Kathleen disobey her mother?
(a) By allowing her friends in the conference area.
(b) By staying out past curfew the night before the press conference.
(c) By speaking to a reporter right before the conference without her mother present.
(d) By running away right before the press conference.
15. What does Jamie insist about his relationship with Kathleen?
(a) Jamie insists that they are in love.
(b) Jamie insists he never slept with her and the baby can't be his.
(c) Jamie insists that he had sex with Kathleen so she can't be a virgin.
(d) Jamie insists that they never had a relationship and Kathleen made it all up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word would best describe the sound Kathleen hears at the clinic?
2. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
3. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
4. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
5. What is occurring at Kathleen's home that makes her feel that things aren't normal?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)