|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
(a) As her "special protector."
(b) As a mentor whom she looks up to.
(c) As a sweet, but shy woman.
(d) As annoying.
2. What is the relationship between Anne and Father Justin O'Carroll, the new investigator hired to help her?
(a) They respect each other, but don't share the same opinions.
(b) They dislike each other greatly.
(c) They are just meeting each other for the first time and are curious about eachother.
(d) They knew each other when Anne was a nun.
3. How does Kathleen get to her destination in the city?
(a) She takes the bus.
(b) She takes a taxi.
(c) Her mom drives her.
(d) She walks.
4. When Anne and Father O'Carroll are reunited at the Beavier home, how do they react towards each other?
(a) They are thrilled to see each other again.
(b) They remember the feelings they had for each other years ago.
(c) They are angry they have to work with each other.
(d) They introduce themselves because they have never met before.
5. What does Anne discover when preparing for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen's friends know what happened eight months earlier.
(b) That Kathleen's mom treats Kathleen poorly.
(c) That Kathleen has been lying to her the entire time.
(d) That Kathleen's mother has been keeping Kathleen away from her friends.
6. What is troubling Father Rosetti after his accident?
(a) He is worried that he never made it to Ireland.
(b) He doesn't know if he wants to be a priest anymore.
(c) He is being "taunted" by the Devil.
(d) He wonders about the virgins being pregnant.
7. How old is the first female character that is introduced?
(a) She is 18.
(b) She is 25.
(c) She is 16.
(d) She is 15.
8. What conclusion does Mrs. Walsh come to as she watches Kathleen prepare for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen is evil.
(b) That Kathleen is a very sweet girl.
(c) That Kathleen is a liar.
(d) That Kathleen is very lonely.
9. How does Kathleen feel about the discovery she makes at the clinic?
(b) Not affected by it.
10. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
(a) If this was a bad omen.
(b) If he should just go back to the states and forget about the trip.
(c) If it was an accident or meant for him.
(d) If he is really meant to go to Ireland.
11. On his death bed, what does the Pope recall?
(a) A time when the mother of Christ spoke to him.
(b) The day when the "Blessed Lady visited Fatima."
(c) Meeting Jesus Christ.
(d) A time of great depression in Europe.
12. After speaking with Kathleen, what does Anne think about Kathleen's story?
(a) Anne thinks Kathleen is making up the story just to get attention.
(b) Anne thinks Kathleen is making up the entire story.
(c) Anne wants to believe Kathleen, but has a hard time doing so because Kathleen can't remember events from eight months earlier.
(d) Anne believes Kathleen completely.
13. Where does Father Rosetti end up?
(c) Rhode Island.
(d) New York City.
14. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As alcoholics.
(b) As nurturing.
(c) As helpful and supportive.
(d) As never being home.
15. What does Kathleen do to relax and ease her mind of her troubles?
(a) Leaves town for a long weekend.
(b) Goes to the beach and takes a swim.
(c) Goes for a long walk in the country.
(d) Goes to her room and writes in her journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father Rosetti feel pressure to solve this mystery of the virgin pregnancies?
2. Who goes to visit Colleen in Ireland?
3. How is Jamie's personality described?
4. Where does Colleen go to get peace?
5. How does Jamie react when he is told about the medical evidence contradicting the story he tells?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)