|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kathleen as she prepares for the conference?
(a) She gets very nervous and starts to cry.
(b) She realizes she forgot the paper with the information she wanted to say.
(c) She hears "the voice" again.
(d) She remembers how she got pregnant.
2. What city does Kathleen travel to?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
3. What is happening to the world during Collen a Kathleen's last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Pirate attacks.
(b) Many natural disasters.
(c) An economic recession.
(d) Another World War.
4. Where does Kathleen believe her baby was conceived?
(a) On a weekend trip.
(b) At a football pep rally.
(c) At her sixteenth birthday party.
(d) She can't remember.
5. Who goes to visit Colleen in Ireland?
(b) Father Rosetti.
(c) Cardinal Rooney.
6. Why did Anne leave her home when she was younger?
(a) Anne went to take care of a sick aunt.
(b) Anne had to fulfill a committment to God.
(c) Anne was homeless and had nowhere else to go.
(d) Anne left to go to college.
7. Where does Father Rosetti end up?
(b) Rhode Island.
(d) New York City.
8. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) As if she's not there.
(b) With gratuity.
(c) With hostility.
(d) With great hospitality.
9. What does Anne discover when preparing for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen has been lying to her the entire time.
(b) That Kathleen's mother has been keeping Kathleen away from her friends.
(c) That Kathleen's mom treats Kathleen poorly.
(d) That Kathleen's friends know what happened eight months earlier.
10. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York City.
11. Where does Colleen go to get peace?
(a) A beach.
(b) A meadow.
(c) Walking through town.
(d) To the United States.
12. How many siblings does Anne have?
13. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) Cardinal Rooney.
(b) The mother of Christ.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
14. During her press conference speech, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She wants to declare the truth about her pregnancy and the father.
(b) She is tempted by "the voice" to say inappropriate things about herself and her baby.
(c) She wants to say that her pregnancy is a lie, and it was all her mother's idea.
(d) She feels faint.
15. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
(a) No one.
(b) Kathleen's boyfriend.
(c) Kathleen's parents.
(d) Kathleen's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Anne "reconsider her vows" and quit being a nun?
2. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
3. After speaking with Kathleen, what does Anne think about Kathleen's story?
4. When Anne takes a walk to clear her mind, how does Anne find Kathleen?
5. While Kathleen is speaking at the press conference, what happens to Mrs. Walsh?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)