|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Anne "reconsider her vows" and quit being a nun?
(a) She fell in love with Father Justin O'Carroll.
(b) She wanted to make more money.
(c) She just wasn't happy.
(d) She lost faith in God.
2. What conclusion does Mrs. Walsh come to as she watches Kathleen prepare for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen is very lonely.
(b) That Kathleen is a very sweet girl.
(c) That Kathleen is a liar.
(d) That Kathleen is evil.
3. What is happening to the world during Collen a Kathleen's last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) An economic recession.
(b) Another World War.
(c) Pirate attacks.
(d) Many natural disasters.
4. How many siblings does Anne have?
5. How does Father Rosetti feel about the world during the girls' last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) He says he's never seen more prosperous times.
(b) He says it is very peaceful.
(c) He is amazed at the kindness of people.
(d) He says it is Hell.
6. What upsets Cardinal Rooney after Doctor Shapiro gives his report about Kathleen?
(a) He doesn;t like the negative attention Colleen's situation is attracting.
(b) He didn't like Doctor Shapiro's report.
(c) He is unhappy with Anne's job perfomance.
(d) He is unhappy that people are protesting outside the Vatican.
7. What happens to Father Rosetti when he was entrusted with the prophecy of the church?
(a) He brags that he knows about the prophecy and blackmails the church.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He falls ill with a debilitatiting sickness, and now hears a "voice" in his head.
8. Who hires Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) The city of Boston.
(b) The Cardinal of the Catholic Archdiocese in Boston.
(d) Kathleen's family.
9. What was Anne Ftizgerald's previous occupation?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A nun.
(c) A musician.
(d) A private investigator.
10. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
(a) "Never believe everything you are told."
(b) "Stay away from Ireland."
(c) "Never trust anyone."
(d) "You are not alone."
11. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
(b) Because they both are free spirits.
(c) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
(d) Because they were both different from everyone else.
12. Six months earlier, Colleen bumped into gypsies. What did one of the gypsies think about Colleen?
(a) She was very sweet.
(b) She was rude and disrespectful.
(c) She was evil.
(d) She was special.
13. How does Jamie react when he is told about the medical evidence contradicting the story he tells?
(a) Jamie is relieved the truth was finally unveiled.
(b) Jamie is very upset and confused.
(c) Jamie gets angry and violent.
(d) Jamie is shocked and doesn't know what to say.
14. Who goes to visit Colleen in Ireland?
(a) Father Rosetti.
(d) Cardinal Rooney.
15. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
(a) Two virgin births will occur.
(b) The world will end within the year.
(c) The Red Sea will part again.
(d) A flood will occur.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her press conference speech, what happens to Kathleen?
2. What time frame can the last few weeks of the girls' pregnancies be compared to?
3. How does Father Rosetti cross paths with Anne Fitzgerald?
4. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
5. Where does Colleen go to get peace?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)