|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As alcoholics.
(b) As helpful and supportive.
(c) As nurturing.
(d) As never being home.
2. How does Father Rosetti cross paths with Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) They work at the homeless shelter together.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) He has been assigned to investigate the Polio outbreak at the same time Anne is in Los Angeles.
(d) He bumps into Anne on the subway.
3. What happens to Colleen the day after her nightmare when she leaves her house?
(a) She runs into a group of boys that offer to walk her back home.
(b) She is teased and harassed physically by a group of boys.
(c) She is confronted by reporters about her pregnancy.
(d) She bumps into Kathleen for the first time.
4. What discovery does Kathleen make when she explores the clinic?
(a) No one is in the office.
(b) The office staff is having a meeting.
(c) The nurse and doctor at the clinic are dead.
(d) A woman is having a baby alone.
5. Who hires Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) The Cardinal of the Catholic Archdiocese in Boston.
(b) Kathleen's family.
(d) The city of Boston.
6. What conclusion does Mrs. Walsh come to as she watches Kathleen prepare for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen is very lonely.
(b) That Kathleen is evil.
(c) That Kathleen is a liar.
(d) That Kathleen is a very sweet girl.
7. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
(a) No one.
(b) Kathleen's friends.
(c) Kathleen's parents.
(d) Kathleen's boyfriend.
8. What is a characteristic both Colleen and Kathleen have in common?
(a) They both enjoy reading.
(b) They both are very popular in school.
(c) They both feel like they need to escape at times.
(d) They are both thrilled with the attention they are getting.
9. What happens to Father Rosetti on his way to Ireland?
(a) He meets Anne Fitzgerald.
(b) He misses his plane.
(c) His plane crashes.
(d) He gets violently ill.
10. How does Colleen resemble Mother Mary?
(a) Colleen is shocked over her current condition,.
(b) Colleen is a strong-willed woman.
(c) Colleen is alone in a small town with no real friends or companions.
(d) Colleen is sweet and genuine.
11. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) As if she's not there.
(b) With hostility.
(c) With great hospitality.
(d) With gratuity.
12. Whom does Colleen's visitor say Colleen resembles?
(a) A person the visitor met a long time ago.
(b) An angel.
(c) A movie star.
(d) The "mother of Christ."
13. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
(a) "Never believe everything you are told."
(b) "Stay away from Ireland."
(c) "Never trust anyone."
(d) "You are not alone."
14. What are some ways Anne investigates Kathleen's story more thoroughly?
(a) By going to the place the baby was conceived and talking to Jamie Jordan III, Kathleen's boyfriend.
(b) Interviewing all her teachers.
(c) Interviewing all her friends.
(d) Looking through pictures and reading her journal.
15. Whom is Sister Katherine, Father Flannery, and Father Rosetti searching for?
(b) The Pope.
(d) Someone who knows the prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Kathleen's pregnancy?
2. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
3. Why does Kathleen take a trip to this city?
4. Why does Kathleen have to sit impatiently at her destination in the city?
5. What is troubling Father Rosetti after his accident?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)