|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Anne "transfixed" by Kathleen's face?
(a) Because Kathleen reminds Anne of herself at that age.
(b) Because Kathleen looks like an angel.
(c) Because Kathleen has a birth defect.
(d) Because Kathleen doesn't look like a girl who would get mixed up in the wrong crowd or get herself pregnant.
2. What made Anne "reconsider her vows" and quit being a nun?
(a) She just wasn't happy.
(b) She wanted to make more money.
(c) She fell in love with Father Justin O'Carroll.
(d) She lost faith in God.
3. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because they both are free spirits.
(b) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
(c) Because they were both different from everyone else.
(d) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
4. How is Colleen feeling during her last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Depressed and anxious.
(b) Uncomfortable and sick all the time.
(d) Alone and "cooped up."
5. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
(a) No one.
(b) Kathleen's friends.
(c) Kathleen's parents.
(d) Kathleen's boyfriend.
6. What time frame can the last few weeks of the girls' pregnancies be compared to?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) Prehistoric time.
(c) The Industrial Revolution.
(d) Biblical times.
7. How is Jamie's personality described?
(a) A kind and generous young man.
(b) Confident, but with "inner insecurities."
(c) Rude and obnoxious.
(d) A stubborn young man.
8. What happens to Father Rosetti when he was entrusted with the prophecy of the church?
(a) He falls ill with a debilitatiting sickness, and now hears a "voice" in his head.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He brags that he knows about the prophecy and blackmails the church.
9. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
(a) Of what her baby will look like when it is born.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) Herself in a past life.
(d) The Devil.
10. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) With gratuity.
(b) With great hospitality.
(c) With hostility.
(d) As if she's not there.
11. How does Kathleen react to her pregnancy?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She has been expecting this news.
(c) She is devastated.
(d) She has never been happier.
12. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As never being home.
(b) As helpful and supportive.
(c) As nurturing.
(d) As alcoholics.
13. What was Anne Ftizgerald's previous occupation?
(a) A musician.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A nun.
14. What does Doctor's Shapiro's examination prove?
(a) Kathleen is mentally insane.
(b) Kathleen is pregnant and a virgin.
(c) Kathleen is pregnant but not a virgin.
(d) Kathleen is not pregnant at all.
15. How do Kathleen's parents feel about her pregnancy?
(a) Happy they are going to be grandparents.
(c) Confused and stressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathleen hear at the clinic that she has never heard before?
2. Who intervenes during the incident Colleen had when she left her house after her nightmare?
3. How does Kathleen get to her destination in the city?
4. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
5. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)