|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) Cardinal Rooney.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The mother of Christ.
(d) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
2. How does Kathleen get to her destination in the city?
(a) Her mom drives her.
(b) She walks.
(c) She takes a taxi.
(d) She takes the bus.
3. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) With hostility.
(b) As if she's not there.
(c) With great hospitality.
(d) With gratuity.
4. What does Kathleen hear at the clinic that she has never heard before?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A buzzing sound.
(c) A gurgling sound.
(d) "A voice".
5. How old is the first female character that is introduced?
(a) She is 15.
(b) She is 25.
(c) She is 16.
(d) She is 18.
6. How is Father Rosetti best described?
(a) Handsome, healthy and true to his faith.
(c) Mean and rude.
7. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) Herself in a past life.
(d) Of what her baby will look like when it is born.
8. Why does Father Rosetti feel pressure to solve this mystery of the virgin pregnancies?
(a) He feels that everything that has happened is his fault.
(b) He knows that the pregnant girls are relying on him.
(c) He doesn't want the church to get any more negative attention.
(d) He knows that there is evil present and that the "church is relying on him."
9. What is happening to the world during Collen a Kathleen's last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Many natural disasters.
(b) Pirate attacks.
(c) Another World War.
(d) An economic recession.
10. Where does Colleen go to get peace?
(a) Walking through town.
(b) To the United States.
(c) A beach.
(d) A meadow.
11. During her press conference speech, what happens to Kathleen?
(a) She is tempted by "the voice" to say inappropriate things about herself and her baby.
(b) She feels faint.
(c) She wants to say that her pregnancy is a lie, and it was all her mother's idea.
(d) She wants to declare the truth about her pregnancy and the father.
12. Why did Anne leave her home when she was younger?
(a) Anne left to go to college.
(b) Anne had to fulfill a committment to God.
(c) Anne was homeless and had nowhere else to go.
(d) Anne went to take care of a sick aunt.
13. What upsets Cardinal Rooney after Doctor Shapiro gives his report about Kathleen?
(a) He is unhappy with Anne's job perfomance.
(b) He didn't like Doctor Shapiro's report.
(c) He is unhappy that people are protesting outside the Vatican.
(d) He doesn;t like the negative attention Colleen's situation is attracting.
14. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To teach the prophecy to others.
(b) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
(c) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
(d) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
15. How is Colleen feeling during her last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Uncomfortable and sick all the time.
(b) Depressed and anxious.
(c) Alone and "cooped up."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes during the incident Colleen had when she left her house after her nightmare?
2. What makes Colleen's visitor end the meeting early and rush away?
3. How does Colleen resemble Mother Mary?
4. Who is Les Porter?
5. How is Jamie's personality described?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)