|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time frame can the last few weeks of the girls' pregnancies be compared to?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) Prehistoric time.
(c) The Industrial Revolution.
(d) Biblical times.
2. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
(a) Kathleen's boyfriend.
(b) Kathleen's friends.
(c) Kathleen's parents.
(d) No one.
3. Where did Colleen conceive her baby?
(a) At Liffey Glade.
(b) In Boston, MA.
(c) On a snowy mountain peak.
(d) On a rocky beach.
4. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
(b) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
(c) She is in complete shock.
(d) She is in denial.
5. How many siblings does Anne have?
6. Where does Colleen go to get peace?
(a) Walking through town.
(b) A meadow.
(c) A beach.
(d) To the United States.
7. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
(a) If this was a bad omen.
(b) If he is really meant to go to Ireland.
(c) If it was an accident or meant for him.
(d) If he should just go back to the states and forget about the trip.
8. What does Kathleen do to relax and ease her mind of her troubles?
(a) Leaves town for a long weekend.
(b) Goes to her room and writes in her journal.
(c) Goes to the beach and takes a swim.
(d) Goes for a long walk in the country.
9. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
(a) Father Rosetti believes that the events occurring in the world at this time is just coincidence.
(b) Father Rosetti decides that the prophecy is nonsense and dismisses the whole idea.
(c) Father Rosetti decides he should not keep the prophecy to himself anymore because it is not safe for him.
(d) Father Rosetti decides that if the prophecy is true, one of the girls is carrying the Son of Satan and that child must be stopped before the world is destroyed.
10. How does Kathleen get to her destination in the city?
(a) She walks.
(b) Her mom drives her.
(c) She takes a taxi.
(d) She takes the bus.
11. What makes Colleen's visitor end the meeting early and rush away?
(a) The visitor heard "the voice" and was having inappropriate temptations.
(b) The visitor had an emergency at home and had to leave in a hurry.
(c) The visitor forgot a previous appointment and rushed out.
(d) The visitor felt very uncomfortable around Colleen and couldn't stay there one more minute.
12. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To teach the prophecy to others.
(b) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
(c) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
(d) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
13. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As never being home.
(b) As helpful and supportive.
(c) As nurturing.
(d) As alcoholics.
14. How do Kathleen's parents feel about her pregnancy?
(a) Confused and stressed.
(d) Happy they are going to be grandparents.
15. What is troubling Father Rosetti after his accident?
(a) He doesn't know if he wants to be a priest anymore.
(b) He is worried that he never made it to Ireland.
(c) He wonders about the virgins being pregnant.
(d) He is being "taunted" by the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her press conference speech, what happens to Kathleen?
2. What happens to Colleen the day after her nightmare when she leaves her house?
3. What made Anne "reconsider her vows" and quit being a nun?
4. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
5. How does Justin hurt Anne's feelings?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)