|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Kathleen on her trip?
(a) No one.
(b) Kathleen's friends.
(c) Kathleen's boyfriend.
(d) Kathleen's parents.
2. What is it about the nightmares that make them so awful?
(a) The men in the dream were turning into "dangerous and fierce beasts."
(b) They were having visions of being raped.
(c) They had visions of a plane crashing and everyone dying.
(d) They had a vision of a person stalking them.
3. How does Jamie react when he is told about the medical evidence contradicting the story he tells?
(a) Jamie gets angry and violent.
(b) Jamie is shocked and doesn't know what to say.
(c) Jamie is relieved the truth was finally unveiled.
(d) Jamie is very upset and confused.
4. How does Father Rosetti cross paths with Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) He bumps into Anne on the subway.
(c) They work at the homeless shelter together.
(d) He has been assigned to investigate the Polio outbreak at the same time Anne is in Los Angeles.
5. What happens to Colleen the day after her nightmare when she leaves her house?
(a) She bumps into Kathleen for the first time.
(b) She runs into a group of boys that offer to walk her back home.
(c) She is teased and harassed physically by a group of boys.
(d) She is confronted by reporters about her pregnancy.
6. Why is Anne "transfixed" by Kathleen's face?
(a) Because Kathleen doesn't look like a girl who would get mixed up in the wrong crowd or get herself pregnant.
(b) Because Kathleen looks like an angel.
(c) Because Kathleen reminds Anne of herself at that age.
(d) Because Kathleen has a birth defect.
7. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) The mother of Christ.
(b) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
(c) The Devil.
(d) Cardinal Rooney.
8. While Kathleen is speaking at the press conference, what happens to Mrs. Walsh?
(a) She faints.
(b) She is struck with "blindness and hearing loss."
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She leaves because she is angry at Kathleen's behavior.
9. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As nurturing.
(b) As helpful and supportive.
(c) As never being home.
(d) As alcoholics.
10. What is happening to the world during Collen a Kathleen's last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) Many natural disasters.
(b) An economic recession.
(c) Another World War.
(d) Pirate attacks.
11. How is Colleen in a similar situation as Kathleen?
(a) She goes to a private school very similar to Kathleen's.
(b) She is also a pregnant and claims to be a virgin.
(c) She doesn't get along with her parents just like Kathleen.
(d) She has no friends just like Kathleen.
12. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
(a) Two virgin births will occur.
(b) The world will end within the year.
(c) The Red Sea will part again.
(d) A flood will occur.
13. Who is the first female character to be introduced?
(a) Mrs. Walsh.
14. How is Jamie's personality described?
(a) Confident, but with "inner insecurities."
(b) A kind and generous young man.
(c) A stubborn young man.
(d) Rude and obnoxious.
15. What upsets Cardinal Rooney after Doctor Shapiro gives his report about Kathleen?
(a) He doesn;t like the negative attention Colleen's situation is attracting.
(b) He is unhappy that people are protesting outside the Vatican.
(c) He didn't like Doctor Shapiro's report.
(d) He is unhappy with Anne's job perfomance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the first female character that is introduced?
2. Where does Father Rosetti end up?
3. How does Father Rosetti feel about the world during the girls' last few weeks of pregnancy?
4. Who hires Anne Fitzgerald?
5. What is troubling Father Rosetti after his accident?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)