|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discovery does Kathleen make when she explores the clinic?
(a) A woman is having a baby alone.
(b) No one is in the office.
(c) The office staff is having a meeting.
(d) The nurse and doctor at the clinic are dead.
2. While Kathleen is speaking at the press conference, what happens to Mrs. Walsh?
(a) She is struck with "blindness and hearing loss."
(b) She faints.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She leaves because she is angry at Kathleen's behavior.
3. What is troubling Father Rosetti after his accident?
(a) He doesn't know if he wants to be a priest anymore.
(b) He is being "taunted" by the Devil.
(c) He wonders about the virgins being pregnant.
(d) He is worried that he never made it to Ireland.
4. How does Kathleen react to her pregnancy?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She has been expecting this news.
(c) She has never been happier.
(d) She is devastated.
5. Why does Kathleen continue to have "crazy thoughts"?
(a) She keeps hearing the "voice."
(b) She is stressed about school.
(c) She can't deal with pregnancy and feels trapped.
(d) She worries there is something wrong with the baby.
6. How old is the first female character that is introduced?
(a) She is 16.
(b) She is 18.
(c) She is 25.
(d) She is 15.
7. How does Kathleen get to her destination in the city?
(a) Her mom drives her.
(b) She takes a taxi.
(c) She takes the bus.
(d) She walks.
8. What does Anne discover when preparing for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen's friends know what happened eight months earlier.
(b) That Kathleen has been lying to her the entire time.
(c) That Kathleen's mom treats Kathleen poorly.
(d) That Kathleen's mother has been keeping Kathleen away from her friends.
9. What city does Kathleen travel to?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
10. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
(b) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
(c) Because they both are free spirits.
(d) Because they were both different from everyone else.
11. What has followed Kathleen to the Newport Hospital?
(a) A group of reporters.
(c) The Polio illness.
(d) Kathleen's entire family.
12. Where does Kathleen believe her baby was conceived?
(a) On a weekend trip.
(b) At a football pep rally.
(c) At her sixteenth birthday party.
(d) She can't remember.
13. Where does Kathleen seek solace for her "crazy thoughts"?
(a) Sitting in the garden.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) At her parents' country house.
(d) On the beach near her house.
14. When Anne and Father O'Carroll are reunited at the Beavier home, how do they react towards each other?
(a) They are angry they have to work with each other.
(b) They are thrilled to see each other again.
(c) They introduce themselves because they have never met before.
(d) They remember the feelings they had for each other years ago.
15. How does Kathleen feel about the discovery she makes at the clinic?
(b) Not affected by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the recent epidemic of polio virus than previous strains?
2. What is Anne Fitzgerald's occupation?
3. How is Father Rosetti best described?
4. Why does Kathleen have to sit impatiently at her destination in the city?
5. What is occurring at Kathleen's home that makes her feel that things aren't normal?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)