|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Mrs. Walsh come to as she watches Kathleen prepare for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen is very lonely.
(b) That Kathleen is a very sweet girl.
(c) That Kathleen is a liar.
(d) That Kathleen is evil.
2. At the press conference, how does Kathleen disobey her mother?
(a) By running away right before the press conference.
(b) By staying out past curfew the night before the press conference.
(c) By speaking to a reporter right before the conference without her mother present.
(d) By allowing her friends in the conference area.
3. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
(a) Father Rosetti decides that the prophecy is nonsense and dismisses the whole idea.
(b) Father Rosetti believes that the events occurring in the world at this time is just coincidence.
(c) Father Rosetti decides that if the prophecy is true, one of the girls is carrying the Son of Satan and that child must be stopped before the world is destroyed.
(d) Father Rosetti decides he should not keep the prophecy to himself anymore because it is not safe for him.
4. Why did Anne leave her home when she was younger?
(a) Anne left to go to college.
(b) Anne went to take care of a sick aunt.
(c) Anne was homeless and had nowhere else to go.
(d) Anne had to fulfill a committment to God.
5. What city does Kathleen travel to?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
6. What discovery does Kathleen make when she explores the clinic?
(a) The nurse and doctor at the clinic are dead.
(b) No one is in the office.
(c) The office staff is having a meeting.
(d) A woman is having a baby alone.
7. How does Justin hurt Anne's feelings?
(a) He tells her that she is only in his way in this investigation.
(b) He tells her that he is leaving the investigation and going back home.
(c) He tells her that she should find another career because she isn't a good investigator.
(d) He tells her that she is "emotionally disconnected."
8. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As alcoholics.
(b) As never being home.
(c) As nurturing.
(d) As helpful and supportive.
9. Whom does Kathleen have a vision of during her press conference?
(a) Herself in a past life.
(b) The Devil.
(c) Of what her baby will look like when it is born.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
10. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
(a) "You are not alone."
(b) "Never believe everything you are told."
(c) "Never trust anyone."
(d) "Stay away from Ireland."
11. On his death bed, what does the Pope recall?
(a) A time of great depression in Europe.
(b) Meeting Jesus Christ.
(c) The day when the "Blessed Lady visited Fatima."
(d) A time when the mother of Christ spoke to him.
12. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) The mother of Christ.
(b) Cardinal Rooney.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
13. How does Father Rosetti cross paths with Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They work at the homeless shelter together.
(c) He bumps into Anne on the subway.
(d) He has been assigned to investigate the Polio outbreak at the same time Anne is in Los Angeles.
14. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
(a) As a sweet, but shy woman.
(b) As her "special protector."
(c) As annoying.
(d) As a mentor whom she looks up to.
15. While Kathleen is speaking at the press conference, what happens to Mrs. Walsh?
(a) She faints.
(b) She leaves because she is angry at Kathleen's behavior.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is struck with "blindness and hearing loss."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kathleen react to her pregnancy?
2. What does Kathleen do to relax and ease her mind of her troubles?
3. When Anne takes a walk to clear her mind, how does Anne find Kathleen?
4. After speaking with Kathleen, what does Anne think about Kathleen's story?
5. Where does Kathleen seek solace for her "crazy thoughts"?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)