|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Anne and Father Justin O'Carroll, the new investigator hired to help her?
(a) They are just meeting each other for the first time and are curious about eachother.
(b) They dislike each other greatly.
(c) They knew each other when Anne was a nun.
(d) They respect each other, but don't share the same opinions.
2. What does Doctor's Shapiro's examination prove?
(a) Kathleen is pregnant and a virgin.
(b) Kathleen is pregnant but not a virgin.
(c) Kathleen is not pregnant at all.
(d) Kathleen is mentally insane.
3. What is unique about Kathleen's pregnancy?
(a) She is a surrogate mother.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) She is having quadruplets.
(d) She was artifically inseminated.
4. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
(a) They are unfriendly.
(b) They are helpful.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are friendly.
5. How is Father Rosetti best described?
(a) Handsome, healthy and true to his faith.
(b) Mean and rude.
6. Who hires Anne Fitzgerald?
(a) The city of Boston.
(b) The Cardinal of the Catholic Archdiocese in Boston.
(d) Kathleen's family.
7. Six months earlier, Colleen bumped into gypsies. What did one of the gypsies think about Colleen?
(a) She was evil.
(b) She was special.
(c) She was very sweet.
(d) She was rude and disrespectful.
8. What makes Colleen's visitor end the meeting early and rush away?
(a) The visitor heard "the voice" and was having inappropriate temptations.
(b) The visitor felt very uncomfortable around Colleen and couldn't stay there one more minute.
(c) The visitor had an emergency at home and had to leave in a hurry.
(d) The visitor forgot a previous appointment and rushed out.
9. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
(a) If he is really meant to go to Ireland.
(b) If this was a bad omen.
(c) If it was an accident or meant for him.
(d) If he should just go back to the states and forget about the trip.
10. What made Anne "reconsider her vows" and quit being a nun?
(a) She fell in love with Father Justin O'Carroll.
(b) She lost faith in God.
(c) She just wasn't happy.
(d) She wanted to make more money.
11. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) The mother of Christ.
(b) Cardinal Rooney.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
12. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
(a) Two virgin births will occur.
(b) The Red Sea will part again.
(c) The world will end within the year.
(d) A flood will occur.
13. How does Kathleen react to her pregnancy?
(a) She has been expecting this news.
(b) She has never been happier.
(c) She is devastated.
(d) She is surprised.
14. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
(b) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
(c) To teach the prophecy to others.
(d) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
15. What are some ways Anne investigates Kathleen's story more thoroughly?
(a) Interviewing all her teachers.
(b) Looking through pictures and reading her journal.
(c) By going to the place the baby was conceived and talking to Jamie Jordan III, Kathleen's boyfriend.
(d) Interviewing all her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Colleen in a similar situation as Kathleen?
2. Where did Colleen conceive her baby?
3. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
4. What does Jamie insist about his relationship with Kathleen?
5. Where does Kathleen seek solace for her "crazy thoughts"?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)