|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Colleen's visitor say Colleen resembles?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A person the visitor met a long time ago.
(c) The "mother of Christ."
(d) An angel.
2. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
(a) Father Rosetti decides that if the prophecy is true, one of the girls is carrying the Son of Satan and that child must be stopped before the world is destroyed.
(b) Father Rosetti believes that the events occurring in the world at this time is just coincidence.
(c) Father Rosetti decides that the prophecy is nonsense and dismisses the whole idea.
(d) Father Rosetti decides he should not keep the prophecy to himself anymore because it is not safe for him.
3. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
(a) If he should just go back to the states and forget about the trip.
(b) If it was an accident or meant for him.
(c) If this was a bad omen.
(d) If he is really meant to go to Ireland.
4. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
(a) Give her medication to make "the voice" go away.
(b) Put a cast on her broken wrist.
(c) Give her any medication for the cold she has.
(d) A cesarean delivery.
5. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. What makes Colleen's visitor end the meeting early and rush away?
(a) The visitor forgot a previous appointment and rushed out.
(b) The visitor felt very uncomfortable around Colleen and couldn't stay there one more minute.
(c) The visitor had an emergency at home and had to leave in a hurry.
(d) The visitor heard "the voice" and was having inappropriate temptations.
7. What does Kathleen do to relax and ease her mind of her troubles?
(a) Goes to her room and writes in her journal.
(b) Leaves town for a long weekend.
(c) Goes for a long walk in the country.
(d) Goes to the beach and takes a swim.
8. What city does Kathleen travel to?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
9. What is it about the nightmares that make them so awful?
(a) They were having visions of being raped.
(b) They had visions of a plane crashing and everyone dying.
(c) The men in the dream were turning into "dangerous and fierce beasts."
(d) They had a vision of a person stalking them.
10. Why does Father Rosetti feel pressure to solve this mystery of the virgin pregnancies?
(a) He knows that the pregnant girls are relying on him.
(b) He feels that everything that has happened is his fault.
(c) He knows that there is evil present and that the "church is relying on him."
(d) He doesn't want the church to get any more negative attention.
11. What happens to Father Rosetti when he was entrusted with the prophecy of the church?
(a) He falls ill with a debilitatiting sickness, and now hears a "voice" in his head.
(b) He brags that he knows about the prophecy and blackmails the church.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is kidnapped.
12. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is in denial.
(b) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
(c) She is in complete shock.
(d) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
13. What does Anne discover when preparing for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen's mom treats Kathleen poorly.
(b) That Kathleen's mother has been keeping Kathleen away from her friends.
(c) That Kathleen's friends know what happened eight months earlier.
(d) That Kathleen has been lying to her the entire time.
14. How does Kathleen react to her pregnancy?
(a) She has never been happier.
(b) She is devastated.
(c) She has been expecting this news.
(d) She is surprised.
15. Where did Colleen conceive her baby?
(a) At Liffey Glade.
(b) In Boston, MA.
(c) On a snowy mountain peak.
(d) On a rocky beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Anne and Father Justin O'Carroll, the new investigator hired to help her?
2. After speaking with Kathleen, what does Anne think about Kathleen's story?
3. Even though Father Rosetti is troubled, what does he continue to think about?
4. Who is Les Porter?
5. How does Colleen resemble Mother Mary?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)