|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kathleen feel about the discovery she makes at the clinic?
(d) Not affected by it.
2. How is Jamie's personality described?
(a) Rude and obnoxious.
(b) A stubborn young man.
(c) A kind and generous young man.
(d) Confident, but with "inner insecurities."
3. What does Father Rosetti wonder about the incident that occurs on his way to Ireland?
(a) If he is really meant to go to Ireland.
(b) If this was a bad omen.
(c) If he should just go back to the states and forget about the trip.
(d) If it was an accident or meant for him.
4. What conclusion does Mrs. Walsh come to as she watches Kathleen prepare for the press conference?
(a) That Kathleen is very lonely.
(b) That Kathleen is a very sweet girl.
(c) That Kathleen is a liar.
(d) That Kathleen is evil.
5. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
6. Father Rosetti begins to put together an idea. He combines the events happening in the world with the prophecy told to him by the Pope. What conclusion does he come to?
(a) Father Rosetti decides that if the prophecy is true, one of the girls is carrying the Son of Satan and that child must be stopped before the world is destroyed.
(b) Father Rosetti decides that the prophecy is nonsense and dismisses the whole idea.
(c) Father Rosetti decides he should not keep the prophecy to himself anymore because it is not safe for him.
(d) Father Rosetti believes that the events occurring in the world at this time is just coincidence.
7. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
(a) As a mentor whom she looks up to.
(b) As her "special protector."
(c) As annoying.
(d) As a sweet, but shy woman.
8. Where does Kathleen believe her baby was conceived?
(a) At a football pep rally.
(b) On a weekend trip.
(c) At her sixteenth birthday party.
(d) She can't remember.
9. What happens to Father Rosetti when he was entrusted with the prophecy of the church?
(a) He is kidnapped.
(b) He falls ill with a debilitatiting sickness, and now hears a "voice" in his head.
(c) He brags that he knows about the prophecy and blackmails the church.
(d) He dies.
10. What is it about the nightmares that make them so awful?
(a) They had a vision of a person stalking them.
(b) They had visions of a plane crashing and everyone dying.
(c) They were having visions of being raped.
(d) The men in the dream were turning into "dangerous and fierce beasts."
11. According to the Pope, what happened on October 13, 1917?
(a) That is the date that the Virgin Mary was seen by many people, and her message was understood by three children.
(b) That is the date the Pope was born.
(c) That is the date the Pope decided to devote his life to God.
(d) That is the date the Vatican was built.
12. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
(b) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
(c) To teach the prophecy to others.
(d) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
13. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As never being home.
(b) As helpful and supportive.
(c) As alcoholics.
(d) As nurturing.
14. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
(a) She is trying to believe in what her daughter is saying and wishes they were closer.
(b) She is in complete shock.
(c) She is in denial.
(d) She doesn't believe a word her daughter is saying.
15. At the press conference, how does Kathleen disobey her mother?
(a) By running away right before the press conference.
(b) By staying out past curfew the night before the press conference.
(c) By allowing her friends in the conference area.
(d) By speaking to a reporter right before the conference without her mother present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Pope's warning to Father Rosetti?
2. After speaking with Kathleen, what does Anne think about Kathleen's story?
3. What is a characteristic both Colleen and Kathleen have in common?
4. How does Cardinal Rooney remember Anne?
5. How is Father Rosetti best described?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)