|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has followed Kathleen to the Newport Hospital?
(a) A group of reporters.
(b) The Polio illness.
(c) Kathleen's entire family.
2. What makes Colleen's visitor end the meeting early and rush away?
(a) The visitor had an emergency at home and had to leave in a hurry.
(b) The visitor heard "the voice" and was having inappropriate temptations.
(c) The visitor felt very uncomfortable around Colleen and couldn't stay there one more minute.
(d) The visitor forgot a previous appointment and rushed out.
3. Despite her situation, what does Kathleen try for the first time after her discovery at the clinic?
(a) She tries step aerobics.
(b) She tries shellfish.
(c) She tries alcohol.
(d) She tries to commit suicide.
4. What does Kathleen hear at the clinic that she has never heard before?
(a) A whistle.
(b) "A voice".
(c) A gurgling sound.
(d) A buzzing sound.
5. When Anne takes a walk to clear her mind, how does Anne find Kathleen?
(a) Unresponsive and "bleeding from between her legs."
(b) Sleeping under a tree.
(c) Sitting peacefully with a book.
(d) With her boyfriend.
6. What is troubling Father Rosetti after his accident?
(a) He is being "taunted" by the Devil.
(b) He is worried that he never made it to Ireland.
(c) He wonders about the virgins being pregnant.
(d) He doesn't know if he wants to be a priest anymore.
7. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
(a) Give her medication to make "the voice" go away.
(b) A cesarean delivery.
(c) Give her any medication for the cold she has.
(d) Put a cast on her broken wrist.
8. How does Justin hurt Anne's feelings?
(a) He tells her that she is only in his way in this investigation.
(b) He tells her that she is "emotionally disconnected."
(c) He tells her that he is leaving the investigation and going back home.
(d) He tells her that she should find another career because she isn't a good investigator.
9. What time frame can the last few weeks of the girls' pregnancies be compared to?
(a) Biblical times.
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) Prehistoric time.
10. What does Doctor's Shapiro's examination prove?
(a) Kathleen is pregnant but not a virgin.
(b) Kathleen is pregnant and a virgin.
(c) Kathleen is not pregnant at all.
(d) Kathleen is mentally insane.
11. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
(a) Two virgin births will occur.
(b) The Red Sea will part again.
(c) A flood will occur.
(d) The world will end within the year.
12. How does Charles, Kathleen's father, treat Anne?
(a) With hostility.
(b) With gratuity.
(c) With great hospitality.
(d) As if she's not there.
13. Why does Kathleen continue to have "crazy thoughts"?
(a) She worries there is something wrong with the baby.
(b) She is stressed about school.
(c) She keeps hearing the "voice."
(d) She can't deal with pregnancy and feels trapped.
14. How does Kathleen think of Anne?
(a) As her "special protector."
(b) As a sweet, but shy woman.
(c) As annoying.
(d) As a mentor whom she looks up to.
15. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As never being home.
(b) As nurturing.
(c) As helpful and supportive.
(d) As alcoholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
2. What is the relationship between Anne and Father Justin O'Carroll, the new investigator hired to help her?
3. How is Kathleen's mother reacting to the events surrounding her daughter?
4. How does Kathleen react to her pregnancy?
5. According to the Pope, what happened on October 13, 1917?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)