|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about the gypsies that made Colleen enjoy their company?
(a) Colleen liked the compassion of the gypsies.
(b) Colleen liked the honesty of the gypsies.
(c) Colleen liked that the gypsies were carefree.
(d) Colleen liked the stories the gypsies had to tell.
2. What is the relationship between Anne and Father Justin O'Carroll, the new investigator hired to help her?
(a) They dislike each other greatly.
(b) They knew each other when Anne was a nun.
(c) They are just meeting each other for the first time and are curious about eachother.
(d) They respect each other, but don't share the same opinions.
3. On his death bed, what does the Pope recall?
(a) A time of great depression in Europe.
(b) The day when the "Blessed Lady visited Fatima."
(c) Meeting Jesus Christ.
(d) A time when the mother of Christ spoke to him.
4. What is the prophecy of the Catholic Church?
(a) The world will end within the year.
(b) A flood will occur.
(c) The Red Sea will part again.
(d) Two virgin births will occur.
5. How do people in Colleen's hometown treat her?
(a) They are friendly.
(b) They are unfriendly.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are helpful.
6. What happens to Father Rosetti when he was entrusted with the prophecy of the church?
(a) He falls ill with a debilitatiting sickness, and now hears a "voice" in his head.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He dies.
(d) He brags that he knows about the prophecy and blackmails the church.
7. What is different about the recent epidemic of polio virus than previous strains?
(a) This strain is only contagious if someone is touched by a person who is contaminated.
(b) This strain affects people's joints and can kill within 2 weeks.
(c) This strain causes only a rash and no other symptoms.
(d) This strain is not deadly.
8. What does Doctor's Shapiro's examination prove?
(a) Kathleen is not pregnant at all.
(b) Kathleen is mentally insane.
(c) Kathleen is pregnant and a virgin.
(d) Kathleen is pregnant but not a virgin.
9. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As nurturing.
(b) As helpful and supportive.
(c) As alcoholics.
(d) As never being home.
10. Why does Colleen feel briefly connected to the gypsies?
(a) Because they were both different from everyone else.
(b) Because they lived their lives the way she wanted to live hers.
(c) Because they both are free spirits.
(d) Because neither one of them feel that there is a place they call home.
11. What is Father Rosetti's responsibility?
(a) To make sure the girls attend mass every Sunday.
(b) To make sure the girls have their babies baptized in the Catholic Church.
(c) To teach the prophecy to others.
(d) To determine which girl is carrying the Son of Satan.
12. When talking to Kathleen's friends, what does Anne discover?
(a) The name of the boy Kathleen was dating when she became pregnant.
(b) That Kathleen never dated before.
(c) That Kathleen is a compulsive liar.
(d) That Kathleen is new to the town and pretty much stays to herself.
13. Whom does Colleen's visitor say Colleen resembles?
(a) A person the visitor met a long time ago.
(b) An angel.
(c) A movie star.
(d) The "mother of Christ."
14. In what city does Anne encounter an epidemic of polio?
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. What is Anne's reaction upon entering the Beavier's household?
(c) Not impressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kathleen react to her pregnancy?
2. Why is Anne "transfixed" by Kathleen's face?
3. Six months earlier, Colleen bumped into gypsies. What did one of the gypsies think about Colleen?
4. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
5. Who hires Anne Fitzgerald?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)