|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 70-79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the incident of Kathleen on the ledge, what does the Vatican decide?
(a) That Kathleen should have her labor induced to remove the attention she is getting.
(b) They need to send more security to protect Kathleen.
(c) That Anne is not doing a good job and reassigns Kathleen's case.
(d) That Rhode Island is no longer safe for Kathleen.
2. What is different about the recent epidemic of polio virus than previous strains?
(a) This strain is not deadly.
(b) This strain causes only a rash and no other symptoms.
(c) This strain affects people's joints and can kill within 2 weeks.
(d) This strain is only contagious if someone is touched by a person who is contaminated.
3. What is the Beaviers' reaction to Father Rosetti's news?
(a) Kathleen is very happy she'll have someone to talk to about this that understands her situation.
(b) Kathleen is angry because now she'll have to share the attention.
(c) Everyone is shocked.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Beavier are stunned, but Kathleen seems to have no feelings towards it.
4. What is the plan to get Kathleen out of her house?
(a) They were going to hire a look-alike to make them think Kathleen was in the house, while the real Kathleen snuck out the back door.
(b) They would sneak Kathleen out at night when no one was looking.
(c) Three sedans are sent. Only one has Kathleen in it and once on the road they all go separate directions to confuse the press.
(d) They decided to fake Kathleen going into labor and get her out in an ambulance.
5. Why is Anne "transfixed" by Kathleen's face?
(a) Because Kathleen doesn't look like a girl who would get mixed up in the wrong crowd or get herself pregnant.
(b) Because Kathleen looks like an angel.
(c) Because Kathleen has a birth defect.
(d) Because Kathleen reminds Anne of herself at that age.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his death bed, what does the Pope recall?
2. What does Kathleen realize about the night she conceived the baby?
3. What are some ways Anne investigates Kathleen's story more thoroughly?
4. What leads Anne to believe that Father Rosetti has information about the investigation that he is not sharing?
5. When Anne brings her to the hospital, what does Kathleen insist that the doctors not do?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)