|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapters 37-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kathleen believe her baby was conceived?
(a) She can't remember.
(b) At a football pep rally.
(c) At her sixteenth birthday party.
(d) On a weekend trip.
2. Where does Kathleen seek solace for her "crazy thoughts"?
(a) On the beach near her house.
(b) At her parents' country house.
(c) Sitting in the garden.
(d) In her bedroom.
3. Who inspires the nightmares that awaken both Kathleen and Colleen?
(a) The mother of Christ.
(b) The Devil.
(c) Cardinal Rooney.
(d) The ghost of Father Rosetti.
4. How does Father Rosetti feel about the world during the girls' last few weeks of pregnancy?
(a) He is amazed at the kindness of people.
(b) He says it is very peaceful.
(c) He says it is Hell.
(d) He says he's never seen more prosperous times.
5. How could Anne's parents be described?
(a) As never being home.
(b) As helpful and supportive.
(c) As nurturing.
(d) As alcoholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kathleen get to her destination in the city?
2. What upsets Cardinal Rooney after Doctor Shapiro gives his report about Kathleen?
3. What happens to Kathleen as she prepares for the conference?
4. What is different about the recent epidemic of polio virus than previous strains?
5. What made Anne "reconsider her vows" and quit being a nun?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)