|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ted want to go to Ahuacatlan?
2. What were the police driving when Ted and the rest of the group were caught?
3. What did the group buy that solved the problem of no heater in the car?
4. What did Juanito buy from the old woman outside the store?
5. How many Social Security numbers did the man name Tiberio claim to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ignacio plan to make Ted a special pair of shoes?
2. What did Ted say was the "enemy" of his efforts to teach the Mexicans at the orchard camp?
3. What was Juanito's errand and what else did he do while running that errand?
4. What was the reaction of the officers when Ted and the others were arrested in Utah?
5. What was Hilario's job?
6. What was the original plan for this crossing into the United States?
7. What happened to the man known as "the Woodpecker" when the bus was stopped by police?
8. What did Ted learn about the patterns of emigration to America?
9. Where and how did the group sleep on their first night in Florida?
10. What was Ted told about the meaning of the word "sancho?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the ways the Mexicans entertained themselves in America? Compare those to their entertainments in Mexico.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happened to the group of men who went to California? What was Ted's life like there? Compare his life to that of his fellow travelers.
Essay Topic 3
What was Ted's reaction when he realized how many people were waiting to cross the border? Did he believe Alonso's explanations about the people? What did Ted find most difficult to believe about the situation? What do you find most difficult to believe?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)