|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus say he'd said to a young woman when he was trying to compliment her choice of perfume?
2. Where did Emilio's parents live?
3. What reason did the members of the traveling party give for using that route?
4. Why did Ted want to go to Ahuacatlan?
5. How did Ted get to Salt Lake City to catch a plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and how did the group sleep on their first night in Florida?
2. What were the mechanical problems the group encountered with the car they bought for the trip to Florida?
3. What did Ted say about the food at the "taquerias" and the social aspect of those facilities?
4. Why was Ted reluctant to drive?
5. What happened to Ted when the group is arrested in Mexico?
6. What was the reaction of the officers when Ted and the others were arrested in Utah?
7. What was the original plan for this crossing into the United States?
8. What was Juanito's errand and what else did he do while running that errand?
9. What did Ted say about the fact that the Mexicans traveled without a map?
10. What did Ted note about the patience of the men during the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the attitudes of some people regarding the Mexicans who work in the United States? Look at the conversation between Ted and the police officer in Utah as an example of one aspect of that attitude. Were there others?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the work the Mexicans did in the orchards. What did Ted learn about the "unskilled" labor? Compare the jobs in Arizona to those in Florida.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the crossing Ted made with Alonso to that he made with the larger group. What were the dangers faced each time? How were Ted's reactions similar to the two crossings? How were they different?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)