|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ted go when the others were put in jail?
(b) Back to Phoenix
(c) A cafe for a meal
(d) Back to Mexico
2. How long had Vincente spent in jail?
(a) A week
(b) A year
(c) He was never in jail
(d) A month
3. Why did Jesus say he was tired on the morning their trip began?
(a) He'd played pool most of the night
(b) He'd been sick
(c) He'd been too excited about the trip to sleep
(d) He'd been up late with a girl named Evangelica
4. What surrounded the work camp at the Smith farm?
(a) Chain link fence topped with barbed wire
(c) Expansive lawns
(d) A park
5. Why was Cucho driving eighty-three miles per hour?
(a) He wanted to get the trip over with
(b) He thought the highway sign was the speed limit
(c) He needed to go to the bathroom
(d) He was trying to outrun police
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture did Pancho have in his wallet that he said would protect those who prayed?
2. Who did Ted first ask for permission to accompany the group in the crossing?
3. Which of the following items were on top of the bus?
4. What argument did Ted use to urge the others to check into a motel?
5. How many children did Raquel Rendon say she had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ted learn about the differences in picking oranges in Florida and picking in Arizona?
2. What did the priest say attracted young people to the idea of traveling to the United States?
3. Describe the cargo of the "White Arrow."
4. What prompted the group to spend a night in a motel?
5. Describe the conversation and the misconception about Social Security numbers.
6. What did Ted say about the food at the "taquerias" and the social aspect of those facilities?
7. What was Evangelica wearing when she met the group at the station and why was she dressed in that way?
8. What did Ted note about the leaders of the Mexican group as compared to a leader of a similar group of Americans?
9. Why did Ted say he wanted to go to Ahuacatlan?
10. What did Ted note about the patience of the men during the trip?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)