|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Mexicans get the old Cadillac they had waiting in America?
(a) They stole it from other Mexicans
(b) It was abandoned by other Mexicans
(c) The farmer they'd worked for in previous years
(d) The bought it for three hundred dollars
2. Where had the farmer's son learned to speak Spanish?
(b) Palm Springs
3. What is the name of the priest's cat?
4. What task was Ted supposed to perform while he was in Ahuacatlan?
(a) Working in a mine
(b) Teaching English
(c) Driving a truck
(d) Picking oranges
5. What is Evangelica wearing when she meets up with the group?
(a) A knit skirt
(b) A plaid jumpsuit
(c) A blue chiffon dress
(d) Blue jeans and sneakers
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ted get to Salt Lake City to catch a plane?
2. What was the name of the "glorified school bus" on which Ted traveled to Ahuacatlan?
3. What did Jesus say he'd said to a young woman when he was trying to compliment her choice of perfume?
4. What did Lupe put in Ted's morning tea?
5. What word do many of the Mexicans confuse with "eyes?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ted say he wanted to go to Ahuacatlan?
2. How did Jesus get the money to pay the coyotes when he returned to America?
3. What did Ted say about the food at the "taquerias" and the social aspect of those facilities?
4. Describe the cargo of the "White Arrow."
5. What happened to the man known as "the Woodpecker" when the bus was stopped by police?
6. What did Ted expect when the group made plans to stop and eat and what did he learn they were actually looking for?
7. What did Ted say about the fact that the Mexicans traveled without a map?
8. What prompted the group to spend a night in a motel?
9. Where did most of the illegals live in Florida?
10. What did Ted say was the "enemy" of his efforts to teach the Mexicans at the orchard camp?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)