|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Raquel Rendon give Ted as he left her business?
(a) A cabbage
(b) A quart of moonshine
(c) A tortilla
(d) A lollipop
2. Who did Ted first ask for permission to accompany the group in the crossing?
(c) Don Beto
3. Where did the group stop to eat?
(b) Kentucky Fried Chicken
4. What was Juanito supposed to pick up for his mother?
(a) Bread and milk
(b) Cokes and an orange
(c) A bag of oranges and cornmeal
(d) Coke and tortillas
5. What was offered as breakfast as the group was traveling across the desert?
(a) Beans and bacon
(b) Water and tortillas
(c) Bread and cheese
(d) Milk and raw eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Genaro use to pry the cactus spines out of Inocencio's hand?
2. What was the nickname of the coyote Ted met about the possibility of taking a group to Mexico?
3. What action is Ted doing that prompts Hilario to call him wasteful?
4. What did Maximo wrap around the cut on his hand?
5. What were the police driving when Ted and the rest of the group were caught?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and how did the group sleep on their first night in Florida?
2. What happened to Ted when the group is arrested in Mexico?
3. What was Juanito's errand and what else did he do while running that errand?
4. What happened to the man known as "the Woodpecker" when the bus was stopped by police?
5. What prompted the group to spend a night in a motel?
6. What did Ted note about the leaders of the Mexican group as compared to a leader of a similar group of Americans?
7. Why did Ignacio plan to make Ted a special pair of shoes?
8. What was the reaction of the officers when Ted and the others were arrested in Utah?
9. What did Hilario and some other adults hope to accomplish for the young people of the region?
10. How did Jesus get the money to pay the coyotes when he returned to America?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)