|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the group refill their water jugs?
(a) An abandoned well
(b) A creek
(c) A stream
(d) The immigration office
2. What magazine does Lupe's sister sometimes receive from a friend in California?
(a) American Girl
(b) True Romance
(c) Field and Stream
(d) House and Garden
3. What did Genaro use to pry the cactus spines out of Inocencio's hand?
(b) His gloves
(d) Two rocks
4. What was Alonso doing when Ted saw him again after his arrest on the bus?
(a) Picking peaches in El Mirage
(b) At a warehouse in Florida
(c) Hitchhiking in Phoenix
(d) Working in Queretaro City
5. What did Emilio say he did during the off seasons for fruit picking?
(a) Went back to Mexico to visit
(b) Went to other places in the United States to work
(c) Went to visit friends in California
(d) Went back to Mexico to work
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the state champion soccer team on which several men of Alhuacatlan played?
2. What did Maximo wrap around the cut on his hand?
3. Why was Cucho driving eighty-three miles per hour?
4. How long had the Mexicans been gone when Ted arrived in Idaho for a visit?
5. What did Hilario say would happen to any animals that were killed on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ted told about the meaning of the word "sancho?"
2. What was the reaction of the officers when Ted and the others were arrested in Utah?
3. List at least two things Ted learns about the farmer in Idaho during his visit there.
4. What happened to the man known as "the Woodpecker" when the bus was stopped by police?
5. Describe the cargo of the "White Arrow."
6. What was Hilario's job?
7. Why did Ted say he wanted to go to Ahuacatlan?
8. What was the original plan for this crossing into the United States?
9. What happened to Ted when the group is arrested in Mexico?
10. Where and how did the group sleep on their first night in Florida?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)