|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ted sleep his first night at the house in the orchard?
(a) In a pickup
(b) In the barn
(c) On the bed
(d) On the couch
2. What did Ted say would be his fate if the illegals were caught?
(a) Deportation to Mexico
(b) the end of his career
(c) A misdemeanor charge
(d) A felony charge
3. Where did Carlos and the others of his group sleep at night?
(a) In a barn
(b) In the bed
(c) In a pickup
(d) On the couch
4. What was Ted Conner's profession?
(a) Immigration police
(c) Movie producer
5. What nickname did Ted give one of the coyotes?
(a) Bad Breath
(b) Big Mouth
(c) Bad Teeth
(d) Big Teeth
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the bag lady doing at the counter?
2. What kind of car did Martin drive?
3. What did Ted discover was the meaning of "rinche?"`
4. What night did the group make the trip?
5. Why did Ted say the illegal immigrants liked to work in orchards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about the plane ride most frightened Timoteo?
2. Describe Alonso's first illegal crossing of the border.
3. What did Ted say about the relationship between the retirees who made up most of the population of Phoenix and the illegal immigrants?
4. How did Ted describe the agricultural side of Phoenix?
5. What did Alonso do as they boarded the bus for Houston in an effort to evade police? How did it turn out?
6. List two points at which the members of the group were especially nervous while traveling through the airport terminal.
7. What wasTed's answer when the police first asked how he and Alonso know each other?
8. What did the first "coyote" offer Ted and Alonso?
9. Describe the life of the bag lady Ted met in the donut shop.
10. Why did the first coyote say his prices were high?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)