|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ted Conner's profession?
(a) Immigration police
(d) Movie producer
2. What did Ted say "Oso" meant?
3. What two games did members of the group play while waiting at the donut shop?
(a) Dots and rock, scissor, paper
(b) Tic-tac-toe and dots
(c) Dots and bingo
(d) Bingo and Tic-tac-toe
4. What did Ted say was responsible for the existence of citrus groves in the arid region around Phoenix?
(a) The illegal immigrants
(b) Ingenious engineering.
(c) Sandy soil
(d) The tenacity of the retirees
5. What was the name of the girl who tried to seduce Ted in return for her legalization documents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the bag lady doing at the counter?
2. What was the name of the man who is giving Alonso a job?
3. How much did a bag of lemons weigh?
4. About how many men did Ted say were at the coyotes' headquarters?
5. What kind of fence was there in front of the house Ted was taken to by the coyotes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ted say about the relationship between the retirees who made up most of the population of Phoenix and the illegal immigrants?
2. What did Ted say is the big difference between the attitude of Americans and Mexicans with regard to work.
3. What wasTed's answer when the police first asked how he and Alonso know each other?
4. Why did Ted stop to pick up the group early on the day they were to depart for the airport and what did he find?
5. How did Ted discover that pesticides were being used so freely on the citrus trees and what did he think of it?
6. What did the first "coyote" offer Ted and Alonso?
7. What did Alonso say about dreams in America? What did he mean?
8. How did Ted describe the agricultural side of Phoenix?
9. What was the problem they faced when going through the security checkpoint and who took the blame for it?
10. What did Ted say he'd first thought when he discovered that a man was seated at his table, eating his pancakes? What did he come to realize about the man eating his pancakes?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)