|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ted said Timoteo looked like he might have been what kind of professional?
(a) A barber
(b) A graphic designer
(c) A dentist
(d) A podiatrist
2. What did Alonso and Ted have on their feet when they arrived in America?
(a) They were each wearing cowboy boots
(b) They were each wearing sneakers
(c) Ted was wearing sneakers and Alonso was wearing cowboy boots
(d) Nothing, they were barefoot
3. What did Ted say "Oso" meant?
4. What was used to pick lemons from the tree?
(a) A special ring
(b) Special clippers
(c) Only the hands
(d) A large knife
5. What school had Carlos attended?
(a) Oregon Agriculture College
(b) Oregon State University
(c) Mexico City University
(d) Iguala Community College
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Ted give one of the coyotes?
2. What two games did members of the group play while waiting at the donut shop?
3. What did Ted discover was to actually be his transportation across the river?
4. What did Ted Conner say made him "an unlikely wetback?"
5. Where was Alonso hiding when the immigration officer found him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ted say is the big difference between the attitude of Americans and Mexicans with regard to work.
2. Explain how Victor and the others of his group decided to travel to America?
3. What is Lupe Sanchez's role with the illegals?
4. What did Alonso say about all the men waiting in the bus stop? How did he support that claim?
5. Why did the situation change so dramatically once Martin's wife and son arrived?
6. Why did the first coyote say his prices were high?
7. What did Ted say about the relationship between the retirees who made up most of the population of Phoenix and the illegal immigrants?
8. What do the Mexicans think when the flight attendant offers them drinks and what do they do?
9. Describe Alonso's first illegal crossing of the border.
10. How did Ted describe the agricultural side of Phoenix?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)