|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men tell Ted they planned to get to Las Angeles?
(a) By plan
(b) By van
(c) By Greyhound
(d) By hitchhiking
2. Why did Ted say American companies establish companies just over the Mexican border?
(a) The people are needy
(b) There's a skilled labor force
(c) Easy access to goods
(d) Cheap labor
3. What kind of door was it that frightened Timoteo?
4. How many people paddled across the river?
5. What did Ted learn was the only real common factor between the men living at the house in the orchard?
(a) Their parents were all related
(b) They wanted to learn English
(c) They came from the same region
(d) They spoke a common language
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ted reach the man Alonso hoped would hire him to work?
2. What did Lupe Sanchez tell the men that Ted was going to do while he stayed with them at the orchard?
3. What was Sanchez's national status?
4. What time did Ted and Alonso board the bus?
5. Why did Ted say the illegal immigrants liked to work in orchards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alonso do as they boarded the bus for Houston in an effort to evade police? How did it turn out?
2. Why did Ted hate the change from orange trees to lemon trees?
3. What do the Mexicans think when the flight attendant offers them drinks and what do they do?
4. Why did Ted not want to be the one to sleep on the bed his first night at the orchard and why did he eventually accept?
5. How did Ted discover that pesticides were being used so freely on the citrus trees and what did he think of it?
6. What did Ted say is the big difference between the attitude of Americans and Mexicans with regard to work.
7. What is Lupe Sanchez's role with the illegals?
8. Explain how Victor and the others of his group decided to travel to America?
9. Why did the situation change so dramatically once Martin's wife and son arrived?
10. List two points at which the members of the group were especially nervous while traveling through the airport terminal.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)