|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first problem that meant the car could travel only about fifty miles per hour?
2. Where had the farmer's son learned to speak Spanish?
(b) Palm Springs
3. Where was the group arrested?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona
(b) Los Angeles, California
(c) Nephi, Utah
(d) Fort Smith, Arkansas
4. What is Evangelica wearing when she meets up with the group?
(a) A knit skirt
(b) A blue chiffon dress
(c) A plaid jumpsuit
(d) Blue jeans and sneakers
5. What were the police driving when Ted and the rest of the group were caught?
(a) A van
(b) A police car
(c) A truck
(d) A motorcycle
6. What was Alonso doing when Ted saw him again after his arrest on the bus?
(a) Working in Queretaro City
(b) Hitchhiking in Phoenix
(c) Picking peaches in El Mirage
(d) At a warehouse in Florida
7. What kind of car was Emilio and his group traveling in on their trip to Florida?
(a) An old Camero
(b) A Ford station wagon
(c) A beat-up van
(d) An El Camino
8. What is the name of the priest's cat?
9. Hold old was Emilio?
10. What did Emilio say he did during the off seasons for fruit picking?
(a) Went back to Mexico to work
(b) Went back to Mexico to visit
(c) Went to other places in the United States to work
(d) Went to visit friends in California
11. What argument did Ted use to urge the others to check into a motel?
(a) The need for showers
(b) The danger of freezing in the storm
(c) The danger od driving the undependable car at night
(d) The danger of being spotted by immigration
12. Where did the Mexicans get the old Cadillac they had waiting in America?
(a) The farmer they'd worked for in previous years
(b) They stole it from other Mexicans
(c) It was abandoned by other Mexicans
(d) The bought it for three hundred dollars
13. Why was Cucho driving eighty-three miles per hour?
(a) He needed to go to the bathroom
(b) He was trying to outrun police
(c) He wanted to get the trip over with
(d) He thought the highway sign was the speed limit
14. What was the nickname of the coyote Ted met about the possibility of taking a group to Mexico?
(a) The Gunslinger
(b) The Chicken
(c) The Viper
(d) The Top Hat
15. What kind of abandoned mine did Ted pass on the way to Ahuacatlan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crops did Hilario raise?
2. Who was the farmer in Idaho who gave the group work?
3. What reason did the members of the traveling party give for using that route?
4. Where did Ted meet this coyote?
5. Why were some of the men planning to head for Florida over Christmas vacation?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)