|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did the members of the traveling party give for using that route?
(a) Mexicans were not typically expected there, making it safer
(b) It was the shortest distance to Florida
(c) There were plenty of rest stops along the way
(d) It was the only route they knew
2. What question did Emilio ask of Ted before making the decision that he can travel with the group?
(a) Whether he can find work
(b) Whether he has money
(c) Whether he has a drivers license
(d) Whether he speaks Spanish
3. How many men did Ted say wanted to go to Florida with the coyote?
(a) About six
(b) About ten
(c) About eight
(d) About twenty
4. What did Juanito buy from the old woman outside the store?
(b) Sunflower seeds
(c) Pumpkin seeds
5. What did Raquel Rendon give Ted as he left her business?
(a) A tortilla
(b) A quart of moonshine
(c) A lollipop
(d) A cabbage
6. Where was the group arrested?
(a) Nephi, Utah
(b) Fort Smith, Arkansas
(c) Los Angeles, California
(d) Phoenix, Arizona
7. What action is Ted doing that prompts Hilario to call him wasteful?
(a) Giving away some change
(b) Changing his razorblade
(c) Throwing away some worn out socks
(d) Changing his socks
8. What was Ted told was the best remedy when he sprayed pepper juice in his eye?
(a) A woman's hair
9. How many Children did Maximo have?
10. How many members were there in the group seeking a ride from the Indians?
11. What sound is heard by the group just as an airplane flies over?
(a) A snake
(b) A helicopter
(c) A hawk
(d) A siren
12. Who was the first member of the group to be questioned?
13. Where did Ted meet this coyote?
(a) At the Top Hat
(b) At the Chicken
(c) At the Viper
(d) At the Gunslinger
14. What kind of car was Emilio and his group traveling in on their trip to Florida?
(a) An El Camino
(b) An old Camero
(c) A beat-up van
(d) A Ford station wagon
15. What kind of land did Ted travel through after the poor farmland?
(b) Small towns
(d) Big cities
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the men when Ted works up the courage to ask if he can accompany them across the border?
2. What was Ted supposed to pick soon after his arrival in Mexico?
3. What was the name of the "glorified school bus" on which Ted traveled to Ahuacatlan?
4. How many of Placido's children were on hand to see him off?
5. Where did Ted find the map of their route to Mexico?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)