|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hit first of Ted's group?
2. How did Ted reach the man Alonso hoped would hire him to work?
(a) By email
(b) A pay phone
(c) A cell phone
(d) By telegraph
3. What kind of medication did Ted say he wished he had while they were at the airport?
(b) Heart medication
4. Where did Ted and the rest of the group stop first in Santa Monica?
(b) Burger King
(c) Holiday Inn
5. What did Alonso and Ted have on their feet when they arrived in America?
(a) Nothing, they were barefoot
(b) Ted was wearing sneakers and Alonso was wearing cowboy boots
(c) They were each wearing cowboy boots
(d) They were each wearing sneakers
6. Where did Ted and Alonso spend their first night in America?
(a) In a boxcar
(b) In a parking garage
(c) In the lavatory of the bus
(d) In a park
7. How much did the man charge the group for the ride from the donut shop?
(a) Fifty dollars total
(b) Five dollars each
(c) Five hundred dollars
(d) Fifty dollars each
8. What school had Carlos attended?
(a) Iguala Community College
(b) Mexico City University
(c) Oregon Agriculture College
(d) Oregon State University
9. What was the name of Martin's wife?
10. How much did a bag of lemons weigh?
(a) Almost eighty pounds
(b) Almost one hundred pounds
(c) Almost sixty pounds
(d) Almost forty pounds
11. What was it that set off the metal detector?
(a) cowboy boots
(b) Belt buckles
(c) Silver dollars
12. What was Ted Conner's profession?
(b) Immigration police
(d) Movie producer
13. What did Ted say would be his fate if the illegals were caught?
(a) A misdemeanor charge
(b) Deportation to Mexico
(c) A felony charge
(d) the end of his career
14. What was on the tractor driver's cap?
(a) John Deere
(c) Cat Diesel
(d) Sun City
15. What job does Carlos take?
(a) A tow truck driver
(b) An engraver in a jewelry shop
(c) An engraver in a trophy shop
(d) An auto mechanic
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ted choose for the cab to take them to Santa Monica?
2. Where did Carlos and the others of his group sleep at night?
3. What did Lupe Sanchez tell the men that Ted was going to do while he stayed with them at the orchard?
4. What did Ted discover was the meaning of "rinche?"`
5. What kind of fence did the group have to cross to reach the river?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)