|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical problem did Candido have?
(a) He had a brain tumor
(b) He had a heart condition
(c) He was on dialysis
(d) The was blind
2. How did Ted reach the man Alonso hoped would hire him to work?
(a) A cell phone
(b) By telegraph
(c) A pay phone
(d) By email
3. Who offers to claim to have seen the attack?
(a) The police officer
(b) The bag lady
(c) No one
4. What was Alonso's answer when Ted asked what he would do if he couldn't find work?
(a) He said he'll appeal to the government
(b) He said he'll return to Mexico
(c) He said he'll live off relatives
(d) He said something always turns up
5. What medical condition did Timoteo say he had that would make it dangerous to fly?
(a) Gall stones
(c) A heart condition
(d) Eye problems
6. What kind of car did the coyotes pick Ted and Alfonso up in?
(a) A Greyhound
(b) A Ford
(c) A Dodge
(d) A Chevrolet
7. How much money did Alonso need to borrow for his bus ticket to the job he expected to get?
(a) Forty dollars
(b) Ten dollars
(c) Two dollars
(d) A hundred dollars
8. What time did Ted and Alonso board the bus?
(a) 9:30 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 9:30 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
9. What did Carlos give Ted in an effort to help him keep from being fired?
10. What did Ted Conner say made him "an unlikely wetback?"
(a) His interest in the Mexicans
(b) His lack of knowledge about the language
(c) His lack of knowledge about the culture
(d) His blonde hair and blue eyes
11. What did Ted say was vital to picking the oranges?
(b) Good balance
(c) All the above
12. What kind of fence was there in front of the house Ted was taken to by the coyotes?
(a) Barbed wire
(b) Chicken wire
(c) Chain link
13. Where did Ted and the rest of the group stop first in Santa Monica?
(b) Holiday Inn
(c) Burger King
14. Why did many of the men refer to Lupe Sanchez as "Don Lupe?"
(a) Don was a term of endearment
(b) Don was really his first name
(c) Don was a term of respect
(d) Don meant that he was a union worker
15. Where didAlonso have the phone number of the man he hopes will give him a job?
(a) In his memory
(b) On a matchbook cover
(c) On a napkin
(d) On a rumpled piece of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first to leave after the arrival of Martin's wife?
2. Where did Ted meet Alonso?
3. What was used to pick lemons from the tree?
4. Why did Ted say the illegal immigrants liked to work in orchards?
5. How much did a bag of lemons weigh?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)