|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Alonso when he first left Mexico for America?
2. What were snowbirds?
(a) Birds that arrived from the north for the winter
(b) The people who drove golf carts
(c) People who came to Phoenix for the winter
3. What nickname did Ted use to refer to Phoenix?
(a) Gambling City
(b) Gila City
(c) Sun City
(d) Retirement City
4. What was the name of the man who is giving Alonso a job?
5. When did Carlos's uncle Candido arrive in America?
(d) The previous summer
6. What did the men say was the biggest problem with their plan?
(a) They didn't have drivers licenses
(b) They didn't know enough English to ask for a ride
(c) They didn't know how to navigate a bus depot
(d) They didn't know how to navigate an airport
7. What was the name of the girl who tried to seduce Ted in return for her legalization documents?
8. Why did Carlos tell Ted he couldn't take a turn at the cooking?
(a) Ted was too tired to cook
(b) Ted needed ot save his energy
(c) Ted should be writing
(d) The Mexicans didn't like his food
9. What kind of car did the coyotes pick Ted and Alfonso up in?
(a) A Greyhound
(b) A Ford
(c) A Dodge
(d) A Chevrolet
10. What night did the group make the trip?
11. What kind of door was it that frightened Timoteo?
12. What was the dominant crop of the region near Phoenix?
(a) Citrus fruits such as oranges
(b) Green vegetables
13. Why did Ted choose for the cab to take them to Santa Monica?
(a) It gave them the most distance from the airport
(b) There was a restaurant there
(c) It was where Timoteo's uncle lived
(d) It was the cheapest ride
14. What was Alonso's answer when Ted asked what he would do if he couldn't find work?
(a) He said he'll appeal to the government
(b) He said he'll return to Mexico
(c) He said he'll live off relatives
(d) He said something always turns up
15. What kind of fence was there in front of the house Ted was taken to by the coyotes?
(b) Barbed wire
(c) Chain link
(d) Chicken wire
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to claim to have seen the attack?
2. Why did several of the men make plans to leave the orchard?
3. What did Lupe Sanchez tell the men that Ted was going to do while he stayed with them at the orchard?
4. What color was Alonso's cowboy shirt when he and Ted met?
5. What was Sanchez's national status?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)