|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Land of Avocados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first to leave after the arrival of Martin's wife?
2. How long had Vincente spent in jail?
(a) A month
(b) He was never in jail
(c) A year
(d) A week
3. What was the name of the huge deportation effort of 1954?
(a) Wetbacks Go Home
(b) Mexican Bound
(c) Operation Deportatation
(d) Operation Wetback
4. What did Lupe Sanchez tell the men that Ted was going to do while he stayed with them at the orchard?
(a) Be overseeing their meals
(b) Be working in the cotton fields
(c) Be working on a book
(d) Be their teacher
5. What time did Ted and Alonso board the bus?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 9:30 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hold old was Emilio?
2. What does the man named Maximo say the car uses a lot of?
3. What did Alonso say was the best thing about America?
4. What do the Mexicans call The Top Hat?
5. What factors did Ted say made picking fruit in Florida more difficult than in Arizona?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)