|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Deep into the Orchard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ted say was responsible for the existence of citrus groves in the arid region around Phoenix?
(a) Ingenious engineering.
(b) The illegal immigrants
(c) Sandy soil
(d) The tenacity of the retirees
2. Where did Ted and Alonso spend their first night in America?
(a) In a park
(b) In a boxcar
(c) In the lavatory of the bus
(d) In a parking garage
3. Where did Alonso plan to go to find work?
(a) San Francisco
(d) Mexico City
4. Where did Ted meet Alonso?
(a) On a train
(b) On a bus
(c) In jail
(d) On a truck
5. Where did Carlos and the others of his group sleep at night?
(a) In a pickup
(b) In a barn
(c) On the couch
(d) In the bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did several of the men make plans to leave the orchard?
2. How far were the men carrying water because of the broken pump at the house in the orchard?
3. How did Ted expect to be taken across the river?
4. What did Lupe Sanchez tell the men that Ted was going to do while he stayed with them at the orchard?
5. How much money did Alonso need to borrow for his bus ticket to the job he expected to get?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)