|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Land of Avocados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Carlos take?
(a) An engraver in a trophy shop
(b) An auto mechanic
(c) An engraver in a jewelry shop
(d) A tow truck driver
2. Why did Ted choose for the cab to take them to Santa Monica?
(a) It gave them the most distance from the airport
(b) There was a restaurant there
(c) It was where Timoteo's uncle lived
(d) It was the cheapest ride
3. What was the first problem that meant the car could travel only about fifty miles per hour?
4. What was the nickname of the coyote Ted met about the possibility of taking a group to Mexico?
(a) The Viper
(b) The Chicken
(c) The Gunslinger
(d) The Top Hat
5. How much did the man charge the group for the ride from the donut shop?
(a) Five hundred dollars
(b) Five dollars each
(c) Fifty dollars total
(d) Fifty dollars each
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Alonso need to borrow for his bus ticket to the job he expected to get?
2. What was Juanito afraid of?
3. What were "gordos?"
4. What do the Mexicans call The Top Hat?
5. Why was Ted reluctant to drive when the weather turned icy?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)