The Gringo and the Mexicano
• Ted Conover is a journalist who is working on a story about illegal immigration.
• He encounters a young boy named Alonso who is trying to sneak into America illegally.
• Ted and Alonso travel together and, after a couple of false starts and a brush with police, find a group of "coyotes" willing to take them across the river into America.
• Ted uses the cover story that he's wanted by police as the reason he can't cross the border legally.
• Ted imagines that they'll be traveling in a speed boat but soon discovers that it's really a leaky raft.
• They make the crossing successfully but Alonso is arrested on a Greyhound after arriving in Texas.
Deep into the Orchard
• Ted arrived in Phoenix and was introduced to a group of Mexicans by a man named Lupe Sanchez.
• Ted discovered that the men created small...
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)