|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam explain to Coyote when they reach Las Vegas?
2. What exit do Sam and Coyote take in the chapter titled, "Food, Gas, Enlightenment, Next Right?"
3. What color is the car in which Sam, Coyote, and Pokey leave the clinic?
4. In the chapter titled, "Let Slip the Dogs of Irony," what is Adeline reading?
5. What happens to Tinker as he hides, waiting with his gun cocked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sam attack Coyote when he returns from the Underworld?
2. Why does Calliope say she did not call Sam when she discovered that Lonnie had taken Grubb?
3. What reason does Coyote give Sam for not wanting to go to the Underworld?
4. Why does Coyote ask Sam what he's doing when he yells at the raven sitting in the corner of his office?
5. Why was Calliope so afraid that Sam would not come with her to get Grubb?
6. Why does Coyote refer to the ATM machine as a cheating machine?
7. Why does Coyote leave as Sam and Pokey prepare to send Sam to the Underworld?
8. Why does Coyote suggest they all go to a Crow reservation in Montana?
9. Why does Anubis refuse to return Calliope's soul to her body?
10. Why is Jake compelled to assist M.F. when M.F. calls him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use irony in Coyote Blue? What are some instances of irony? Why are they ironic?
Essay Topic 2
What is Coyote's role in Sam's life? How is Sam like Coyote?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the theme of fear and courage in Coyote Blue. How is it represented? What role does fear play in Sam's life? What role does courage play?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)