|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the chapter titled, "Like Flies" begins, what does Calliope hear?
2. Who does Coyote say they will need to trick to get Grubb back?
3. What does Sam warn Coyote to avoid in Las Vegas?
4. After Aaron tells Sam there's no need for Sam to sell his shares, what does Sam find Gabriella doing when he enters his office?
5. Who is sitting in the clinic waiting room when Coyote, Pokey, and Sam leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adeline ask the nurse at the clinic if there is room now that a horse, a young man, and an old man have left?
2. Why was Calliope so afraid that Sam would not come with her to get Grubb?
3. Why isn't Coyote able to win much at the private gambling table M.F. takes him to?
4. What is the story told about Coyote and Beaver and what does it reveal about Coyote?
5. Who takes the gun from Tinker and beats him? How do you know this?
6. Why does Anubis refuse to return Calliope's soul to her body?
7. How does Sam come to realize he loves Calliope?
8. Why does Coyote take Sam's Mercedes?
9. What reason does Coyote give Sam for not wanting to go to the Underworld?
10. Why does Calliope say she did not call Sam when she discovered that Lonnie had taken Grubb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of chaos and order demonstrated in Coyote Blue? In what direction does Coyote seem to be taking Sam's life, toward chaos or toward order?
Essay Topic 2
What is M.F.'s role in the novel? What does the story of his past reveal about him? Why does he choose to help Sam and Coyote?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lonnie fit the role of antagonist? What actions does he take to oppose Sam? How does he affect the plot?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)