|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calliope feed a lizard before getting into Sam's car?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Pokey say he must do for his nephew?
3. Where does Calliope work?
4. What do Sam and Calliope do with Grubb when Yiffer and Nina leave the apartment?
5. Who does Calliope tell Sam Lonnie is afraid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sam have a hard time following Calliope's conversation?
2. What convinces Sam that Calliope is not part of Old Man Coyote's plan?
3. Why does Tinker attack Spagnola?
4. Why is Mr. Cable so resistant to accepting the multi-million dollar policy Sam wants to write for him?
5. Why does Spagnola tell Sam he'll help Sam keep his home?
6. How does Coyote receive his shape-shifting ability?
7. Why didn't Sam believe his gut feeling that the young Indian was Old Man Coyote?
8. Why does Spagnola believe Sam was involved in the Indian's attack on Cable?
9. What does Pokey's initial interpretation of Sam's dream of Lloyd Commerce lead him to do with Sam?
10. What is Billy's plan for saving Sam after the incident with Enos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does religion play in Coyote Blue? Which religions are mentioned and for which characters are they mentioned? Which characters disdain religion and which characters embrace it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sam's dream about Lloyd Commerce figure into his life? What does it foretell?
Essay Topic 3
What does Sam consider to be his normal life? What does he mean when he says he doesn't want what's real anymore, he wants what is real?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)