|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam doing while Coyote drives them back to Crow Country?
(a) Playing with Grubb.
(b) Eating lunch.
(d) Holding Calliope.
2. Who does Coyote bet that he is a better hunter?
3. When Coyote tells Sam he is gone, what else does he say is gone?
(a) Sam's magic.
(c) Sam's job.
(d) The girl.
4. Where is Coyote sitting in the chapter titled, "Coyote Hears His Heart?"
(a) By a fire.
(b) On a bench.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a canoe.
5. In the chapter titled, "Let Slip the Dogs of Irony," what is Adeline reading?
(a) A romance novel.
(b) A letter from a friend.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) The book of Job in the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Coyote suggest they all go after they retrieve Grubb?
2. In the memory Coyote sends Sam about breaking into a cemetery, whose grave does Sam want to see?
3. Who is the Egyptian God of the Underworld?
4. Who watches Grubb while Sam and Coyote see Pokey in the clinic?
5. Who arrives to help Pokey and Sam when Sam is preparing for the Underworld?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a clerk in a store shocked when M.F. takes off his sunglasses, and what does this reveal about M.F.?
2. Why does the Indian doctor think Pokey is gone?
3. What two observations does M.F. make in King's Lake, Nevada when he catches up with Sam and Coyote?
4. Why was Calliope so afraid that Sam would not come with her to get Grubb?
5. What is the significance of the black limo Sam sees pulling away from the truck stop?
6. Why does Anubis refuse to return Calliope's soul to her body?
7. Why does Coyote ask Sam what he's doing when he yells at the raven sitting in the corner of his office?
8. How does Sam trick Amstead Houston into giving him the sacred arrow bundle?
9. How does Sam come to realize he loves Calliope?
10. Why isn't Coyote able to win much at the private gambling table M.F. takes him to?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)