|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to help Pokey and Sam when Sam is preparing for the Underworld?
(a) Harlan and his sons.
2. Where does the Guild meet in Sturgis?
(a) A motorcycle shop.
(b) An abandoned warehouse.
(c) A farm.
(d) A Guild member's house.
3. What sport did M.F. plan to play in college?
4. What does M.F. think about as he drives back toward Las Vegas?
(a) What he will make for dinner.
(b) His mother calling to say she needed him.
(c) His college basketball career.
(d) A date with his girlfriend.
5. What does M.F. finally notice about Sam when he catches up to them to get the limo back?
(a) Sam is very tall.
(b) Sam is a wanted fugitive.
(c) Sam has golden eyes.
(d) Sam is an Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coyote do while Sam is sleeping at the Las Vegas hotel?
2. What does Sam tell Coyote will happen if the police run a background check on Sam?
3. What is the name of Sam's hotel in Las Vegas?
4. What happens to Tinker as he hides, waiting with his gun cocked?
5. Who is sitting in the clinic waiting room when Coyote, Pokey, and Sam leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anubis refuse to return Calliope's soul to her body?
2. Why is Calliope so frightened by Cheryl's comment that they will put money on black for Calliope?
3. Why does Coyote leave as Sam and Pokey prepare to send Sam to the Underworld?
4. Why does Coyote refer to the ATM machine as a cheating machine?
5. Why does Coyote suggest they all go to a Crow reservation in Montana?
6. Why does Adeline ask the nurse at the clinic if there is room now that a horse, a young man, and an old man have left?
7. What is the memory of sneaking in to see Custer's grave meant to point out to Sam?
8. Why does Sam say he left his home for nothing?
9. Why is the story of Coyote and Cottontail included in the novel?
10. Why does Calliope say she did not call Sam when she discovered that Lonnie had taken Grubb?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)