|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonnie do when Cheryl complains about their vacation?
(a) Shoves her and tells her to leave if she doesn't like it.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Points a pistol at her head.
(d) Punches her.
2. Who arrives to help Pokey and Sam when Sam is preparing for the Underworld?
(b) Harlan and his sons.
3. Who does Pokey ask about when he sees Sam at the clinic?
4. In the story of Coyote and Cottontail, who are the two watching?
(a) Cottontail's sister.
(b) Girls dancing in the woods.
(c) Girls swimming in a lake.
(d) Beaver and Coyote's wife.
5. Why does Sam say he doesn't want Coyote to drive?
(a) Coyote will just drive to a casino.
(b) He doesn't trust Coyote behind the wheel.
(c) Coyote doesn't have a license.
(d) Coyote will not take them to get Grubb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coyote call "Sam's cheating machine"?
2. What is the name of Sam's hotel in Las Vegas?
3. In the chapter titled "Nevermore," why does Aaron claim there is no longer any need for Sam to sell him his shares?
4. What does M.F.'s father call him when he wakes up in the hospital?
5. When Sam returns to Coyote after seeing Pokey in the clinic, what does he tell Coyote he needs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Calliope say she did not call Sam when she discovered that Lonnie had taken Grubb?
2. Why did M.F.'s mother call him asking for help?
3. Why does Sam attack Coyote when he returns from the Underworld?
4. Why does Coyote suggest they all go to a Crow reservation in Montana?
5. What two observations does M.F. make in King's Lake, Nevada when he catches up with Sam and Coyote?
6. Why does the Indian doctor think Pokey is gone?
7. Why is a clerk in a store shocked when M.F. takes off his sunglasses, and what does this reveal about M.F.?
8. Why does Sam say he left his home for nothing?
9. Who takes the gun from Tinker and beats him? How do you know this?
10. How does Coyote stop a police officer from chasing after Calliope?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)