|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coyote say the woman behind him won't be helped by the cheating machine?
(a) She will still be fat.
(b) She will still lose at gambling.
(c) She will still be ugly.
(d) She will still have a lousy singing voice.
2. In the chapter titled "Nevermore," what is sitting in the corner of Sam's office when he enters?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A raven.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A fox.
3. What is M.F.'s father's name?
(a) Norman Fresh.
(b) Alexander Fresh.
(c) Albert Fresh.
(d) Nathan Fresh.
4. What does M.F.'s father call him when he wakes up in the hospital?
(a) A no-good drop out.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A yellow-eyed freak.
(d) A useless waste of air.
5. Who is sitting in the clinic waiting room when Coyote, Pokey, and Sam leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sam arrives at the hotel in Las Vegas, to whom does he give his car keys?
2. Who watches Grubb while Sam and Coyote see Pokey in the clinic?
3. Who tells Sam people spotted a polar bear at Motion Marine?
4. Where does Coyote suggest they all go after they retrieve Grubb?
5. Who is riding on Lonnie's Harley with him when he arrives at Calliope's apartment in the chapter titled "All Happy Families?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Calliope say she did not call Sam when she discovered that Lonnie had taken Grubb?
2. Why does Coyote suggest they all go to a Crow reservation in Montana?
3. Why is Calliope so frightened by Cheryl's comment that they will put money on black for Calliope?
4. How does Sam come to realize he loves Calliope?
5. Why does Adeline ask the nurse at the clinic if there is room now that a horse, a young man, and an old man have left?
6. What is the story told about Coyote and Beaver and what does it reveal about Coyote?
7. Why is the story of Coyote and Cottontail included in the novel?
8. What two observations does M.F. make in King's Lake, Nevada when he catches up with Sam and Coyote?
9. Why does Coyote ask Sam what he's doing when he yells at the raven sitting in the corner of his office?
10. What is the significance of the black limo Sam sees pulling away from the truck stop?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)