|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Mother tell Coyote to think of when he hears his heart beat?
(a) Drums and home.
(b) The hunt.
(c) The Great Spirit.
2. Who does Coyote allow to bet all of his money when she claims to be lucky?
(a) A dancing girl.
(c) A newlywed bride.
3. What does Sam see out the window at the breakfast stop in Utah?
(a) Lonnie's motorcycle.
(b) A raven.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A black limo.
4. What has Grubb done that causes Lonnie to yell at Cheryl in the chapter titled, "Wheels, Deals and the Persistence of Visions?"
(a) Smeared mud on Lonnie's Harley.
(b) Urinated on the drugs.
(c) Smeared baby food on the drugs.
5. What does Sam complain to Calliope about as they are driving into Utah?
(a) That M.F. took the limo.
(b) That she did not call him.
(c) That he wishes he'd never come after her.
(d) That Coyote snores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Pokey speak as the doctors are working on him?
2. Sam tells Pokey he saw Sam and Coyote going toward whose death?
3. Who is riding on Lonnie's Harley with him when he arrives at Calliope's apartment in the chapter titled "All Happy Families?"
4. Who arrives to help Pokey and Sam when Sam is preparing for the Underworld?
5. Whose clothes does Coyote put on before going to get Grubb?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coyote stop a police officer from chasing after Calliope?
2. Why does Coyote ask Sam what he's doing when he yells at the raven sitting in the corner of his office?
3. Why is a clerk in a store shocked when M.F. takes off his sunglasses, and what does this reveal about M.F.?
4. What reason does Coyote give Sam for not wanting to go to the Underworld?
5. Why does Coyote leave as Sam and Pokey prepare to send Sam to the Underworld?
6. What is the memory of sneaking in to see Custer's grave meant to point out to Sam?
7. What two observations does M.F. make in King's Lake, Nevada when he catches up with Sam and Coyote?
8. Why is Calliope so frightened by Cheryl's comment that they will put money on black for Calliope?
9. Who takes the gun from Tinker and beats him? How do you know this?
10. Why does Adeline ask the nurse at the clinic if there is room now that a horse, a young man, and an old man have left?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)