|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Coyote try to get a good name?
(a) Stay up all night.
(b) Bribe the Great Spirit.
(c) Endear himself to the Crow Indians.
(d) Trick the namer.
2. What do Sam and Calliope hear as they are having sex in her apartment?
(a) A door slam downstairs.
(b) Loud music from the next apartment.
(c) A coyote howling.
(d) Grubb crying.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Pokey say he must do for his nephew?
(b) Warn him.
(c) Bring him home.
(d) Send him money.
4. Who might take notice if Aaron's name appears next to Sam's name in the newspaper?
(a) The police.
(b) Aaron's ex-wife.
(d) The IRS.
5. Where does Sam talk to Coyote after Nina and Yiffer return home and Grubb wakes up crying?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) At a bar down the street.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coyote describe being safe to Sam?
2. What happened to Cable after he was attacked by the Indian?
3. What does the biker use to break Spagnola's legs?
4. After the Indian questions Sam and offers Calliope to him, what does the Indian do?
5. After Sam leaves the reservation, who refers him to a "coyote" for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coyote receive his shape-shifting ability?
2. Why does Sam say he will not see Old Man Coyote when Harlan asks what Sam will do if he sees him during his sweat?
3. Why does Pokey worry that Sam may have seen Old Man Coyote in his dream at the fasting place?
4. Why are Calliope, Nina, and Yiffer hiding the morning after Sam and Calliope's dinner date?
5. According to Coyote's story, why do the Crow Indians use sweat lodges as part of their religious traditions?
6. What convinces Sam that Calliope is not part of Old Man Coyote's plan?
7. Why does Aaron offer Sam a partnership in his agency?
8. Why does Spagnola tell Sam he'll help Sam keep his home?
9. What is Billy's plan for saving Sam after the incident with Enos?
10. While they are having sex in her apartment, why does Calliope tell Sam to ignore the slamming door from downstairs?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)