|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aaron say Cochran is planning to do about the Indian's attack?
(a) Refuse to do business with Indians.
(b) File a lawsuit.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Put a hit out on Sam.
2. What does Sam find on his car seat as he leaves the meeting with Cable and Cochran?
(a) A red feather.
(b) A note.
(c) A black beetle.
(d) Calliope's earring.
3. What dinner does Calliope ruin?
(c) Pot roast.
4. What year is it when Samson Hunts Alone participates in his first sweat?
5. In the chapter titled "Coyote Gets His Powers," who decides to rename the animal people?
(a) The Crow Indians.
(b) The Great Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cochran's secretary tell him is waiting in his office in the chapter titled "Five Faces of Coyote Blue?"
2. What is Coyote doing when Spagnola calls Sam to tell him he will arrange for Sam to keep his home?
3. What does Aaron say the Indian attacked Cable with?
4. Who does Sam see pass by as he is leaving Crow Country?
5. After Sam leaves the reservation, who refers him to a "coyote" for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Coyote's story, why do the Crow Indians use sweat lodges as part of their religious traditions?
2. Why does Pokey worry that Sam may have seen Old Man Coyote in his dream at the fasting place?
3. What is Billy's plan for saving Sam after the incident with Enos?
4. Why is Calliope wondering about the past lives of lizards while she waits for Sam to pick her up from work?
5. Why does Sam have a hard time following Calliope's conversation?
6. Why does Adeline say she is getting bad medicine from being Crow in the chapter titled, "Five Faces of Coyote Blue?"
7. What event causes Sam to flee from Crow Country to Santa Barbara?
8. Why is Aaron angry at Sam concerning Sam's meeting with Cable and Cochran?
9. While they are having sex in her apartment, why does Calliope tell Sam to ignore the slamming door from downstairs?
10. Why does Coyote steal a card from Sam's Rolodex?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)