|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam find on his car seat as he leaves the meeting with Cable and Cochran?
(a) A black beetle.
(b) A note.
(c) A red feather.
(d) Calliope's earring.
2. What is Coyote doing when Spagnola calls Sam to tell him he will arrange for Sam to keep his home?
(a) Playing a video game.
(b) Watching a movie.
(c) Sleeping on Sam's couch.
(d) Eating a bowl of cereal.
3. Who informs Sam that his neighbors have voted him out of the complex?
(b) His neighbor.
4. Who helps Sam flee Crow Country?
(a) Enos Windtree.
(b) Pokey Medicine Wing.
(c) Billy Two Irons.
(d) Ellen Black Feather.
5. What does Coyote give Sam at Calliope's apartment?
(a) A medicine pouch.
(b) A golden feather.
(d) A rolodex card.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Sam suddenly realize about his secretary Gabriella?
2. What consolation prize does Coyote receive when he gets the last name left?
3. Adeline recently converts to which religion?
4. Where are Kiro Yashamoto and his family going when they find Pokey ill?
5. Who does Spagnola tell Sam he saw jumping off Sam's deck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pokey worry that Sam may have seen Old Man Coyote in his dream at the fasting place?
2. Why is Adeline uncomfortable with Pokey's speaking of his medicine dream?
3. Why is Sam so disconcerted by Aaron's story about the Indian attacking Cable and Cochran's threatening a lawsuit?
4. Why does Sam say he will not see Old Man Coyote when Harlan asks what Sam will do if he sees him during his sweat?
5. What is the bet Aaron Aaron makes with his companions concerning Sam?
6. Why does Adeline say she is getting bad medicine from being Crow in the chapter titled, "Five Faces of Coyote Blue?"
7. In 1967, Pokey drives Sam to the fasting place. What does Pokey hope Sam will accomplish by fasting?
8. According to Coyote's story, why do the Crow Indians use sweat lodges as part of their religious traditions?
9. Why didn't Sam believe his gut feeling that the young Indian was Old Man Coyote?
10. How does Coyote receive his shape-shifting ability?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)