|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To get into Sam's car through the air vent, what does Coyote turn into?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A fly.
(c) An ant.
(d) A mosquito.
2. What threat does Lonnie make against Calliope with on the night Sam comes to Calliope's apartment for dinner?
(a) Having her put in jail for child abuse.
(b) Waving a gun at her.
(c) Taking away her child support.
(d) Getting custody of Grubb.
3. What does Aaron say the Indian attacked Cable with?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) His fists.
(d) A club.
4. How does Pokey initially interpret Sam's dream about Lloyd Commerce?
(a) They are supposed to become house cleaners.
(b) They are supposed to turn their dreams into money.
(c) Sam will be a salesman some day.
(d) Sam will leave his people.
5. What place is Sam leaving when he sees a girl that overwhelms him with desire?
(a) His apartment.
(b) His office.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pokey tell Sam a Crow must do with his first deer kill?
2. Besides Pokey and Sam, how many other people are at Sam's first sweat?
3. What is the name of the cop Sam pushes off the cliff?
4. What mode of transportation does Sam take as he leaves Crow Country?
5. Where does Sam give Calliope a ride to when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinces Sam that Calliope is not part of Old Man Coyote's plan?
2. What is Billy's plan for saving Sam after the incident with Enos?
3. Why didn't Sam believe his gut feeling that the young Indian was Old Man Coyote?
4. Why is Aaron angry at Sam concerning Sam's meeting with Cable and Cochran?
5. Why does Coyote steal a card from Sam's Rolodex?
6. What event causes Sam to flee from Crow Country to Santa Barbara?
7. In 1967, Pokey drives Sam to the fasting place. What does Pokey hope Sam will accomplish by fasting?
8. According to Coyote's story, why do the Crow Indians use sweat lodges as part of their religious traditions?
9. Why does Pokey worry that Sam may have seen Old Man Coyote in his dream at the fasting place?
10. What reason does Pokey give Sam when Sam asks him why he keeps the medicine bag Old Man Coyote gave him which causes him to drink?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)