|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Calliope hear as they are having sex in her apartment?
(a) Grubb crying.
(b) A door slam downstairs.
(c) Loud music from the next apartment.
(d) A coyote howling.
2. Before Sam participates in his first sweat, what does Pokey pray to the Great Spirit for?
(a) A good hunt.
(b) A vision.
(c) Sam's health.
(d) Good medicine.
3. In the chapter titled "Coyote Gets His Powers," who decides to rename the animal people?
(a) The Great Spirit.
(d) The Crow Indians.
4. When Chapter 1 begins, how many years has it been since Sam fled Crow Country?
5. What does Gabriella tell Sam people at his complex have been calling to complain about?
(a) Sam's dog.
(b) Sam's Indian visitor.
(c) Sam's lack of cleanliness.
(d) Loud music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Samson Hunts Alone participates in his first sweat?
2. What threat does Lonnie make against Calliope with on the night Sam comes to Calliope's apartment for dinner?
3. What does Sam mistakenly believe Aaron is angry about concerning his meeting with Cable and Cochran?
4. What color are the eyes of the Indian who asks Sam if he wants Calliope?
5. What name is Sam known by in Crow Country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Billy's plan for saving Sam after the incident with Enos?
2. Why does Coyote steal a card from Sam's Rolodex?
3. What does Pokey's initial interpretation of Sam's dream of Lloyd Commerce lead him to do with Sam?
4. How does Coyote receive his shape-shifting ability?
5. Why didn't Sam believe his gut feeling that the young Indian was Old Man Coyote?
6. While they are having sex in her apartment, why does Calliope tell Sam to ignore the slamming door from downstairs?
7. Why does Tinker attack Spagnola?
8. Why does Spagnola tell Sam he'll help Sam keep his home?
9. What is the bet Aaron Aaron makes with his companions concerning Sam?
10. In 1967, Pokey drives Sam to the fasting place. What does Pokey hope Sam will accomplish by fasting?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)