|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Sam meets upon visiting Calliope's apartment for their dinner date?
2. What consolation prize does Coyote receive when he gets the last name left?
(a) The ability to trick people.
(b) The ability to swap his name with another animal.
(c) The ability to hunt.
(d) The ability to shape-shift.
3. When Sam demands to know the young Indian's identity, what does the Indian tell him?
(a) He is the Great Spirit.
(b) He is Old Man Coyote's son.
(c) He is Pokey Medicine Wing.
(d) He is Samson Hunts Alone's spirit helper.
4. What is Sam toasted with as he is leaving Crow Country?
(a) A bottle of Coca Cola.
(b) A glass of champagne.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A beer.
5. Before Sam participates in his first sweat, what does Pokey pray to the Great Spirit for?
(a) A good hunt.
(b) Sam's health.
(c) Good medicine.
(d) A vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sam talk to Coyote after Nina and Yiffer return home and Grubb wakes up crying?
2. Who does Spagnola tell Sam he saw jumping off Sam's deck?
3. What color is the car Lloyd Commerce drives?
4. What color are the eyes of the Indian who asks Sam if he wants Calliope?
5. Where does Sam go when he flees Crow Country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinces Sam that Calliope is not part of Old Man Coyote's plan?
2. Why is Calliope wondering about the past lives of lizards while she waits for Sam to pick her up from work?
3. How does Coyote receive his shape-shifting ability?
4. Why is Aaron angry at Sam concerning Sam's meeting with Cable and Cochran?
5. Why is Sam so disconcerted by Aaron's story about the Indian attacking Cable and Cochran's threatening a lawsuit?
6. Why are Calliope, Nina, and Yiffer hiding the morning after Sam and Calliope's dinner date?
7. Why is Mr. Cable so resistant to accepting the multi-million dollar policy Sam wants to write for him?
8. Why does Sam say he will not see Old Man Coyote when Harlan asks what Sam will do if he sees him during his sweat?
9. Why does Pokey worry that Sam may have seen Old Man Coyote in his dream at the fasting place?
10. Why does Sam have a hard time following Calliope's conversation?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)