|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pokey say Coyote will need to retrieve someone from the Underworld?
(a) Sacred arrow bundle.
(b) Raven feathers and a coyote skull.
(c) Anubis' permission.
(d) Sam's heart.
2. In the chapter titled, "Let Slip the Dogs of Irony," what is Adeline reading?
(a) The book of Job in the Bible.
(b) A romance novel.
(c) A letter from a friend.
(d) A newspaper.
3. In the chapter titled "Nevermore," what is sitting in the corner of Sam's office when he enters?
(a) A coyote.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A fox.
(d) A raven.
4. What exit do Sam and Coyote take in the chapter titled, "Food, Gas, Enlightenment, Next Right?"
(a) Sturgis, South Dakota.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) King's Lake, Nevada.
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah.
5. What blocks a police officer's path when he tries to chase Calliope in his car?
(a) A large group of motorcycles.
(b) A crowd of people.
(c) A black Mercedes.
(d) A passing train.
6. Where does Coyote suggest they all go after they retrieve Grubb?
(a) Pokey's house.
(b) Sam's apartment.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) A Crow reservation in Montana.
7. Whose clothes does Coyote put on before going to get Grubb?
(b) His own.
8. Where is Coyote sitting in the chapter titled, "Coyote Hears His Heart?"
(a) On a bench.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a canoe.
(d) By a fire.
9. What is Sam doing while Coyote drives them back to Crow Country?
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Holding Calliope.
(d) Playing with Grubb.
10. How does Sam respond to the thing sitting in the corner of his office?
(a) He yells at it.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He throws his phone at it.
(d) He embraces it.
11. What does Old Mother tell Coyote to think of when he hears his heart beat?
(a) The hunt.
(b) The Great Spirit.
(d) Drums and home.
12. What does Coyote call "Sam's cheating machine"?
(a) Sam's navigation system.
(b) Sam's car.
(c) An ATM.
(d) A slot machine.
13. What kind of car does Calliope drive?
14. As the chapter titled, "Like Flies" begins, what does Calliope hear?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) Lonnie shouting.
(c) Motorcycles approaching.
(d) A crow cawing.
15. Why is Coyote's help necessary to get Pokey out of the clinic?
(a) Sam needs Coyote to drive.
(b) Pokey cannot walk.
(c) Pokey needs strength from his spirit helper.
(d) The nurses will not let Pokey leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the nurse tell Sam that Pokey should be?
2. What does Coyote do while Sam is sleeping at the Las Vegas hotel?
3. What does Lonnie do when Cheryl complains about their vacation?
4. What does Sam explain to Coyote when they reach Las Vegas?
5. When Coyote tells Sam he is gone, what else does he say is gone?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)