|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Calliope as they drive away from the meeting place of the Guild?
(a) She gets sick.
(b) She falls from the car.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She hits her head on the windshield.
2. When Sam returns to Coyote after seeing Pokey in the clinic, what does he tell Coyote he needs?
(a) Money and a car.
(b) A plane ticket.
(d) A change of clothes and a phone.
3. In the chapter titled "Nevermore," what is sitting in the corner of Sam's office when he enters?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A raven.
(c) A fox.
(d) A coyote.
4. Where is Coyote sitting in the chapter titled, "Coyote Hears His Heart?"
(a) On a bench.
(b) By a fire.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a canoe.
5. In the story of Coyote and Cottontail, what does Coyote disguise himself as?
(a) A girl.
(b) An old fox.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A raven.
6. Who tells Pokey to warn Coyote that there is death where he goes?
(b) The Great Spirit.
(c) A shadow.
7. Who does Sam learn is dead when he reaches the Hunts Alone house?
8. What happens to the police officer who is trying to chase Calliope when he gets out of his car?
(a) He is sprayed by a skunk.
(b) A raven flies at his head.
(c) He is attacked by a coyote.
(d) He trips over a rabbit.
9. What does Coyote do while Sam is sleeping at the Las Vegas hotel?
(b) Thinks of a plan to save Calliope.
(c) Goes looking for women.
(d) Watches television.
10. Who does Coyote allow to bet all of his money when she claims to be lucky?
(a) A newlywed bride.
(b) A dancing girl.
11. What does Sam complain to Calliope about as they are driving into Utah?
(a) That Coyote snores.
(b) That she did not call him.
(c) That he wishes he'd never come after her.
(d) That M.F. took the limo.
12. When Coyote tells Sam he is gone, what else does he say is gone?
(a) Sam's magic.
(b) Sam's job.
(c) The girl.
13. Where does Coyote suggest they all go after they retrieve Grubb?
(a) A Crow reservation in Montana.
(b) Pokey's house.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Sam's apartment.
14. What was the cause of M.F. being kicked off his college sports team?
(a) Lack of ability.
(b) Poor grades.
(d) He went home before the opening game.
15. What language does Pokey speak as the doctors are working on him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Coyote's help necessary to get Pokey out of the clinic?
2. Who does Pokey ask about when he sees Sam at the clinic?
3. What exit do Sam and Coyote take in the chapter titled, "Food, Gas, Enlightenment, Next Right?"
4. What does M.F. finally notice about Sam when he catches up to them to get the limo back?
5. What color is the car in which Sam, Coyote, and Pokey leave the clinic?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)