|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After explaining he didn't call the police, what does M.F. tell Sam he wants?
(a) Sam's driver's license.
(b) Coyote to come with him.
(c) The keys to the limo.
2. Who does Coyote allow to bet all of his money when she claims to be lucky?
(b) A dancing girl.
(c) A newlywed bride.
3. Where is Coyote sitting in the chapter titled, "Coyote Hears His Heart?"
(a) On a bench.
(b) In a canoe.
(c) In a tree.
(d) By a fire.
4. When Coyote tells Sam he is gone, what else does he say is gone?
(b) The girl.
(c) Sam's job.
(d) Sam's magic.
5. What is a woman doing behind Coyote while he's using Sam's cheating machine?
(a) Impatiently tapping her foot.
(b) Coughing incessantly.
(c) Talking loudly on her cell phone.
(d) Singing loudly.
6. What is the name of Sam's hotel in Las Vegas?
(a) The Blue Diamond hotel.
(b) The Camelot hotel.
(c) The Strip hotel.
(d) Best Western.
7. What does Old Mother tell Coyote to think of when he hears his heart beat?
(a) Drums and home.
(b) The Great Spirit.
(d) The hunt.
8. What does M.F. think about as he drives back toward Las Vegas?
(a) A date with his girlfriend.
(b) His college basketball career.
(c) What he will make for dinner.
(d) His mother calling to say she needed him.
9. In the chapter titled "Nevermore," why does Aaron claim there is no longer any need for Sam to sell him his shares?
(a) Sam's shares are unimportant.
(b) The lawsuit is behind them.
(c) Cable has decided to purchase a policy.
(d) Sam will lose his shares when he goes to jail.
10. How many nurses are on duty when Sam and Coyote take Pokey out of the clinic?
11. What does Sam tell Coyote will happen if the police run a background check on Sam?
(a) Sam will go to jail.
(b) They will find out about Coyote.
(c) Sam will lose his job.
(d) Sam will be exhonerated.
12. Who arrives to help Pokey and Sam when Sam is preparing for the Underworld?
(a) Harlan and his sons.
13. After the hunting bet, what kind of game does Coyote play that causes him to lose his butt?
(b) A shell game.
(c) A hand game.
(d) A race.
14. When Sam arrives at the hotel in Las Vegas, to whom does he give his car keys?
(c) The valet.
15. What does Coyote claim he needs to get a ride in the hotel limo with M.F.?
(a) Get money from another hotel.
(b) Find Sam.
(c) Go to the doctor.
(d) Get to the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coyote take off in the story of Coyote and Cottontail?
2. What does Pokey say Coyote will need to retrieve someone from the Underworld?
3. What does Coyote do while Sam is sleeping at the Las Vegas hotel?
4. Who is riding on Lonnie's Harley with him when he arrives at Calliope's apartment in the chapter titled "All Happy Families?"
5. What does Sam ask Pokey to do so Sam can get to the Underworld?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)