|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam returns to Coyote after seeing Pokey in the clinic, what does he tell Coyote he needs?
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A change of clothes and a phone.
(d) Money and a car.
2. What kind of car does Calliope drive?
3. What does M.F. think about as he drives back toward Las Vegas?
(a) His college basketball career.
(b) What he will make for dinner.
(c) A date with his girlfriend.
(d) His mother calling to say she needed him.
4. What is the name of the man that Sam tricks into giving him the sacred arrow bundle?
(a) Edward Austin.
(b) Amstead Houston.
(c) Elvis Austin.
(d) Jacob Amstead.
5. Whose clothes does Coyote put on before going to get Grubb?
(b) His own.
6. In the chapter titled "Nevermore," what is sitting in the corner of Sam's office when he enters?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A raven.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A fox.
7. What does Lonnie do when Cheryl complains about their vacation?
(a) Punches her.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Shoves her and tells her to leave if she doesn't like it.
(d) Points a pistol at her head.
8. Where does the nurse tell Sam that Pokey should be?
(a) At the morgue.
(b) In the Intensive Care Unit.
(c) At home.
(d) In a casket.
9. What language does Pokey speak as the doctors are working on him?
10. What does Sam tell Coyote will happen if the police run a background check on Sam?
(a) Sam will go to jail.
(b) Sam will lose his job.
(c) They will find out about Coyote.
(d) Sam will be exhonerated.
11. According to Coyote, what will Pokey need to do to send Sam to the Underworld?
(a) Close his eyes and envision the Underworld.
(b) Ask the Great Spirit for permission.
(c) Open the bundle and sing the song.
(d) Turn around three times while holding up the arrow bundle.
12. What does Sam complain to Calliope about as they are driving into Utah?
(a) That Coyote snores.
(b) That she did not call him.
(c) That M.F. took the limo.
(d) That he wishes he'd never come after her.
13. After explaining he didn't call the police, what does M.F. tell Sam he wants?
(a) Sam's driver's license.
(c) The keys to the limo.
(d) Coyote to come with him.
14. After the hunting bet, what kind of game does Coyote play that causes him to lose his butt?
(b) A shell game.
(c) A race.
(d) A hand game.
15. What is the prize for the winner of the hunting bet in Coyote's story?
(a) A pouch of gold.
(b) A fine feast.
(c) The ability to shape-shift.
(d) A chance to sleep with the other's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the car in which Sam, Coyote, and Pokey leave the clinic?
2. What does Sam explain to Coyote when they reach Las Vegas?
3. After Aaron tells Sam there's no need for Sam to sell his shares, what does Sam find Gabriella doing when he enters his office?
4. Who visits Adeline while she sits contemplating the screech owl that sits on the pole outside her house?
5. What is a woman doing behind Coyote while he's using Sam's cheating machine?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)