|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pokey's spirit helper?
(a) Enos Windtree.
(b) Old Man Coyote.
(d) Sister Raven.
2. Who was Calliope living with when she changed her name to Calliope?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A sculptor.
3. What threat does Lonnie make against Calliope with on the night Sam comes to Calliope's apartment for dinner?
(a) Having her put in jail for child abuse.
(b) Getting custody of Grubb.
(c) Taking away her child support.
(d) Waving a gun at her.
4. What does Coyote give Pokey when he realizes Pokey is close to death?
(a) A packet of Kool Aid.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A tea bag.
(d) A beer.
5. What does Gabriella tell Sam people at his complex have been calling to complain about?
(a) Sam's dog.
(b) Loud music.
(c) Sam's Indian visitor.
(d) Sam's lack of cleanliness.
6. When he goes to a party in 1973, which girl does Sam lust after ?
(a) Ellen Black Feather.
(b) Mary Black Feather.
(c) Sally Red Beak.
(d) Alice White Wing.
7. What reason does Sam give for being unable to have sex with Calliope?
(a) Her apartment is too chaotic.
(b) She is not attractive.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He doesn't like children, and she has one.
8. Who informs Sam that his neighbors have voted him out of the complex?
(a) His neighbor.
9. Who was Sam's first mentor?
(a) Old Man Coyote.
(c) Pokey Medicine Wing.
(d) Minty Fresh.
10. What does Aaron say the Indian attacked Cable with?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A tomahawk.
(c) A club.
(d) His fists.
11. What does Sam decide to do when he can't find the Spirit World in 1967?
(a) Try again the next day.
(b) Give up on the old ways.
(c) Fabricate a vision.
(d) Tell Pokey he couldn't do it.
12. What color are the eyes of the Indian who asks Sam if he wants Calliope?
(b) Bright blue.
(d) Deep brown.
13. What does Sam do that first catches Aaron Aaron's attention?
(a) Finishes Aaron's sentence.
(b) Explains insurance to Aaron.
(c) Introduces himself to Aaron.
(d) Politely clears Aaron's table.
14. What does Sam mistakenly believe Aaron is angry about concerning his meeting with Cable and Cochran?
(a) Subliminal messages.
(c) Sam's inability to make the deal.
(d) A lie Sam told Cable.
15. How does Coyote try to get a good name?
(a) Stay up all night.
(b) Trick the namer.
(c) Endear himself to the Crow Indians.
(d) Bribe the Great Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Sam known by in Crow Country?
2. What is the bad omen Pokey sees while speaking with Adeline in Chapter 2?
3. What year is it when Samson Hunts Alone participates in his first sweat?
4. In Chapter 8, what is Calliope thinking about as she waits for Sam to pick her up from work?
5. Where does Sam go when he flees Crow Country?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)