|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sam talk to Coyote after Nina and Yiffer return home and Grubb wakes up crying?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) On the sidewalk.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) At a bar down the street.
2. Who is the first person Sam meets upon visiting Calliope's apartment for their dinner date?
3. What dinner does Calliope ruin?
(d) Pot roast.
4. Why is Sam able to get his first job after he flees?
(a) Sam proves he can lift a lot of weight.
(b) The boss can tell he's a hard worker.
(c) He can speak English.
(d) The boss is also an Indian.
5. Where does Calliope work?
(a) Apple Tree Cafe.
(b) Tangerine Tree Cafe.
(c) Buster's Bar.
(d) Billy's Bar.
6. After learning he's been voted out of the complex, what does Sam find when he enters his office?
(a) Aaron rifling through his desk.
(b) A black coyote.
(c) The Indian having sex with Gabriella.
(d) Calliope using his telephone.
7. Who might take notice if Aaron's name appears next to Sam's name in the newspaper?
(a) Aaron's ex-wife.
(b) The police.
(c) The IRS.
8. What is the name of the biker Lonnie sends to Spagnola's apartment?
(a) Minty Fresh.
9. What color are the eyes of the Indian who asks Sam if he wants Calliope?
(b) Deep brown.
(c) Bright blue.
10. Where does Pokey summon Old Man Coyote from to ask him to help Sam?
(a) A cave.
(b) A gentlemen's club.
(c) A Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.
(d) The women's locker room.
11. In Chapter 2, what does Pokey say he must do for his nephew?
(a) Warn him.
(c) Send him money.
(d) Bring him home.
12. In the chapter titled "The God, the Bad and the Ugly?," what does Sam use to knock the young Indian unconscious.
(a) His phone.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) His fist.
(d) A thick telephone book.
13. What does Sam decide to do when he can't find the Spirit World in 1967?
(a) Tell Pokey he couldn't do it.
(b) Fabricate a vision.
(c) Try again the next day.
(d) Give up on the old ways.
14. What mode of transportation does Sam take as he leaves Crow Country?
15. What do Sam and Calliope hear as they are having sex in her apartment?
(a) A door slam downstairs.
(b) A coyote howling.
(c) Loud music from the next apartment.
(d) Grubb crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first job Sam is hired to do after leaving the reservation?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Sam suddenly realize about his secretary Gabriella?
3. Who does Spagnola tell Sam he saw jumping off Sam's deck?
4. Before Sam participates in his first sweat, what does Pokey pray to the Great Spirit for?
5. Who was Sam's first mentor?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)