|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter titled "A White Picket Fence Around Chaos," what is wrong with Yiffer and Nina when they return home?
(a) They are drunk.
(b) Yiffer has been beatten.
(c) Nina is ill.
(d) They both have food poisoning.
2. What does Sam mistakenly believe Aaron is angry about concerning his meeting with Cable and Cochran?
(a) A lie Sam told Cable.
(b) Sam's inability to make the deal.
(c) Subliminal messages.
3. What do Sam and Calliope hear as they are having sex in her apartment?
(a) Loud music from the next apartment.
(b) A coyote howling.
(c) A door slam downstairs.
(d) Grubb crying.
4. Where does Sam talk to Coyote after Nina and Yiffer return home and Grubb wakes up crying?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) On the sidewalk.
(c) At a bar down the street.
(d) In the bathroom.
5. To get into Sam's car through the air vent, what does Coyote turn into?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) An ant.
(d) A fly.
6. What does Sam do that first catches Aaron Aaron's attention?
(a) Finishes Aaron's sentence.
(b) Politely clears Aaron's table.
(c) Explains insurance to Aaron.
(d) Introduces himself to Aaron.
7. When Chapter 1 begins, how many years has it been since Sam fled Crow Country?
8. Who was Calliope living with when she changed her name to Calliope?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A sculptor.
(d) Her mother.
9. What color are the eyes of the Indian who asks Sam if he wants Calliope?
(a) Deep brown.
(c) Bright blue.
10. What does Coyote give Pokey when he realizes Pokey is close to death?
(a) A tea bag.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A beer.
(d) A packet of Kool Aid.
11. What is Lonnie doing while he listens to Calliope and Sam above him?
(a) Sharpening a knife.
(b) Playing with his gun.
(c) Doing his dishes.
(d) Cleaning his apartment.
12. Where does Sam go when he flees Crow Country?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(d) Los Angeles.
13. When he goes to a party in 1973, which girl does Sam lust after ?
(a) Sally Red Beak.
(b) Alice White Wing.
(c) Mary Black Feather.
(d) Ellen Black Feather.
14. What is Sam toasted with as he is leaving Crow Country?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A bottle of Coca Cola.
(c) A beer.
(d) A glass of champagne.
15. Where are Kiro Yashamoto and his family going when they find Pokey ill?
(a) To church.
(b) To an ancient Indian medicine wheel.
(c) To the grocer store.
(d) To a teepee village.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Spagnola shoot at the coyote on Sam's patio?
2. Who is the first person Sam meets upon visiting Calliope's apartment for their dinner date?
3. What name is Sam known by in Crow Country?
4. What is the name of Nina and Yiffer's son?
5. Who informs Sam that his neighbors have voted him out of the complex?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)