Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
2. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
3. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
4. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
5. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
How is literary allusion used in Cousin Bette? Choose two examples from the text. What is the significance of these allusions? What messages do they communicate and to what themes do they relate?
Money has a significant role throughout Cousin Bette. Give three examples from the novel in which money significantly alters the plot of the novel and directly affects the protagonist. How is money a characteristic of the Realist novel?
A major theme in Cousin Bette is that of forgiveness. Choose three examples from the text and analyze the outcomes of these acts. What is the message the text communicates about forgiveness?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)