Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
2. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
3. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
4. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
5. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
Pride is a significant theme in Cousin Bette. What is the message conveyed about pride in this novel? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Morality is a significant theme in Cousin Bette. What message does the novel convey about morality? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
What is the role of women in Cousin Bette? Compare and contrast the roles of Lisbeth and Valerie Marneffe to those of Adeline and Hortense. In what ways are their roles similar? How are they different?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)