|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
2. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He shaves off his beard.
(b) He stops dying his hair.
(c) He loses weight.
(d) He stops wearing his military uniform.
3. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
(a) His wedding.
(c) Lisbeth's flat.
(d) His studio.
4. What does Baron Hulot agree to provide for Valerie Marneffe's second child?
(a) A place to live.
(b) The Hulot family name.
(c) A job in government service when he reaches adulthood.
(d) Twelve hundred francs per year.
5. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
(a) A letter from Johann Fischer.
(b) A new uniform.
(c) News from the Prince of Wissembourg.
(d) Money from Algeria.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
2. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
3. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
4. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
5. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)