|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A house.
(d) A statue.
2. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
3. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A new carriage.
(c) Three thousand francs per year.
(d) Six thousand francs per year.
4. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
(a) Three o'clock in the morning.
(b) One o'clock in the morning.
(d) Eleven o'clock in the evening.
5. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A talented woman.
(c) A decent woman.
(d) A society woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Wenceslas claim to be dining while he is at Valerie Marneffe's house?
2. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
3. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
4. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
5. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)