|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baron Hulot agree to provide for Valerie Marneffe's second child?
(a) A job in government service when he reaches adulthood.
(b) A place to live.
(c) Twelve hundred francs per year.
(d) The Hulot family name.
2. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
3. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A letter.
(b) A hat.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A necklace.
4. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
(a) Taken Stidman as a lover.
(b) Killed herself.
(c) Killed him.
(d) Taken Crevel as a lover.
5. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
(a) Valerie and Lisbeth are scheming to have the Marshal propose marriage to Bette.
(b) Valerie and Crevel are having an argument in her room.
(c) Guests are playing games in Valerie Marneffe's drawing-room.
(d) Valerie and Baron Hulot are sitting down to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
2. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
3. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
4. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
5. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)