|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) Valerie Marneffe.
(b) Marshal Hulot.
(c) Celestin Crevel.
(d) The Duc d´Hérouville.
2. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
(a) Lisbeth's flat.
(b) His wedding.
(d) His studio.
3. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) Fine jewelry.
(c) An opera.
(d) A child.
4. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
(a) A letter from Valerie.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A confession.
(d) The testimony of a witness.
5. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
(a) Valerie and Lisbeth are scheming to have the Marshal propose marriage to Bette.
(b) Guests are playing games in Valerie Marneffe's drawing-room.
(c) Valerie and Crevel are having an argument in her room.
(d) Valerie and Baron Hulot are sitting down to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
2. When Wenceslas returns home and is confronted by Hortnese, whom does he claim has lent him ten thousand francs?
3. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
4. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
5. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)