|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) Cain and Abel.
(c) Samson and Delilah.
(d) Moses and Aaron.
2. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
3. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
(a) Crevel has discovered the truth about their relationship and is furious.
(b) Her husband has passed away.
(c) Her husband has forbidden her from receiving him in her home.
(d) She has suffered a miscarriage.
4. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
(a) With Adeline.
(b) With Victorin.
(c) In the Rue Vaneau.
(d) With Marshal Hulot.
5. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) Marshal Hulot.
(b) The Duc d´Hérouville.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Celestin Crevel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
2. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
3. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
4. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
5. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)