|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
(b) Baron Hulot.
2. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) Celestin Crevel.
(b) Marshal Hulot.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) The Duc d´Hérouville.
3. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
(a) The bank.
(b) The War Ministry.
(d) His studio.
4. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
5. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) An opera.
(c) A child.
(d) Fine jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
2. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
3. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
4. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
5. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)