|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
2. What year does the novel take place?
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(d) The Baron.
4. Where does the Baroness come from?
5. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The end of the empire.
(b) The end of the monarchy.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Glorious Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
2. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
3. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
4. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
5. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Wenceslas see when he returns home? Whom does he say has purchased his bronze group and offered him work?
2. After Wenceslas sells his bronze group, who comes to visit Lisbeth at her flat? What is the purpose of this visit?
3. Why does the Baroness summon Monsieur Crevel? Which of Monsieur Crevel's actions have affected the Baroness? Why has he acted this way?
4. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison? How does Wenceslas find out this information?
5. Where does Monsieur Grasset take Wenceslas? Why does this happen to the young artist?
6. How do Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot know one another? How are they related? What occasioned their falling out?
7. Where does the Baron go after he finds the opera to be closed? What does he learn when he arrives there?
8. What plan do Lisbeth and Hortense agree upon to help out Lisbeth's admirer? Who accompanies Hortense on this mission? Whom does her escort take notice of during this venture?
9. Who is Valerie Marneffe's father? Why does she inherit nothing upon his death?
10. Whom does Hortense decide to marry? What is the relationship between Hortense's intended and Lisbeth? Why does Baron Hulot tell her that Cousin Bette will not be an obstacle to Hortense's intended marriage?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)