|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
2. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They live in the same building.
(b) They attend the same church.
(c) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) They work in the same building.
3. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
4. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Twelve months.
5. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) The Duc d'Herouville.
(b) Monsieur Crevel.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
2. Where does the Baroness come from?
3. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
5. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Lisbeth and Hortense agree upon to help out Lisbeth's admirer? Who accompanies Hortense on this mission? Whom does her escort take notice of during this venture?
2. What does Lisbeth advise Wenceslas to do after the visit from Monsieur Grasset and what reason does she give for this? What does she promise to do?
3. What proof does Lisbeth provide of the existence of her admirer? What does she receive from Hortense in exchange for this information?
4. Why does the Baroness summon Monsieur Crevel? Which of Monsieur Crevel's actions have affected the Baroness? Why has he acted this way?
5. Where does Monsieur Grasset take Wenceslas? Why does this happen to the young artist?
6. After Wenceslas sells his bronze group, who comes to visit Lisbeth at her flat? What is the purpose of this visit?
7. What solution does Monsieur Crevel propose to the Baroness for the problem of Hortense's dowry? What other options does he tell her she has available to her?
8. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison? How does Wenceslas find out this information?
9. How does Lisbeth meet Wenceslas in the first place? What is the relationship between them after this first meeting?
10. Whom does Hortense decide to marry? What is the relationship between Hortense's intended and Lisbeth? Why does Baron Hulot tell her that Cousin Bette will not be an obstacle to Hortense's intended marriage?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)