Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The pets.
(b) The servants.
(c) The young men.
(d) The children.
2. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(b) The Baron.
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To live in a more fashionable area.
(d) To distance her from Hortense.
5. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
2. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
3. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
4. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
5. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adeline advise Hortense to do after her first quarrel with Wenceslas over Valerie Marneffe? What does Adeline reveal to her daughter about her own marriage?
2. What proof does Lisbeth provide of the existence of her admirer? What does she receive from Hortense in exchange for this information?
3. What two events in Valerie Marneffe's life in March of 1843 take place? What does this mean for Valerie?
4. Whom does Wenceslas see when he returns home? Whom does he say has purchased his bronze group and offered him work?
5. What happens when Hector goes to visit Valerie after he receives her letter? How does he receive a message from her and what is communicated?
6. Why does the Baroness summon Monsieur Crevel? Which of Monsieur Crevel's actions have affected the Baroness? Why has he acted this way?
7. How has Crevel changed since his first meeting with Adeline? How has the situation between them changed? How does this affect the outcome of the meeting?
8. Whom does Victorin hire to resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe and Celestin Crevel? How much does he agree to pay to take care of this problem?
9. How does Lisbeth describe her relationship with Wenceslas to Valerie Marneffe? What proof of his connection to Hortense does Valerie show to Lisbeth?
10. What post does Valerie ask Hector to obtain for Marneffe? What complications does Hector face in carrying out this wish for his mistress?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)