Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) Cain and Abel.
(c) Samson and Delilah.
(d) Moses and Aaron.
2. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
3. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
(a) Crevel has discovered the truth about their relationship and is furious.
(b) Her husband has passed away.
(c) Her husband has forbidden her from receiving him in her home.
(d) She has suffered a miscarriage.
4. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
(a) With Adeline.
(b) With Victorin.
(c) In the Rue Vaneau.
(d) With Marshal Hulot.
5. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) Marshal Hulot.
(b) The Duc d´Hérouville.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Celestin Crevel.
6. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
(a) She assures her that Valerie Marneffe is a decent woman.
(b) She tells her that all men are animals.
(c) She reminds her that Wenceslas has never lied to her before.
(d) She confesses Hector's infidelities.
7. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
(a) Hulot and Steinbock.
(b) Montejanos and Lisbeth.
(c) Montejanos and Steinbock.
(d) Lisbeth and Hulot.
8. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
(a) His studio.
(b) Celestin Crevel's house.
(c) Valerie Marneffe's house.
(d) Stidman's house.
9. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
(a) Pack her things and move in with her mother.
(b) Kill Wenceslas.
(c) Take Stidman as a lover.
(d) Kill herself.
10. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
11. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
12. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That Valerie serve as model.
(b) That it be completed before Christmas.
(c) That it be signed by the sculptor.
(d) That it be the only copy in existence.
13. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
(a) She is hosting a party.
(b) She is moving into a new house.
(c) She is canceling her order.
(d) She is pregnant.
14. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Taken Crevel as a lover.
(c) Killed him.
(d) Taken Stidman as a lover.
15. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
(a) Victorin's professional difficulties.
(b) Lisbeth's personal difficulties.
(c) Victorin's financial difficulties.
(d) Victorin's professional difficulties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
2. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
3. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
4. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
5. Who gives money to Adeline's cook so that she may provide a meal for the family?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)