|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A pig.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) A fox.
(d) A thoroughbred horse.
2. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The pets.
(b) The young men.
(c) The servants.
(d) The children.
3. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To distance her from Hortense.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(d) To live in a more fashionable area.
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
6. Where does the Baroness come from?
7. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
8. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Ten years.
9. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(b) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(c) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(d) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
10. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Crevel is ten years younger.
(b) Hulot is seven years younger.
(c) Crevel is seven years younger.
(d) Hulot is ten years younger.
11. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Two hundred thousand livres.
(b) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(c) Forty thousand francs.
(d) Five thousand pounds.
12. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(b) The Baron.
13. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
14. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A yellow cashmere shawl.
(b) A parasol.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A feathered hat.
15. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) Celestine Crevel.
(b) Madame Marneffe.
(d) The Baroness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
2. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
3. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
4. What year does the novel take place?
5. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)