Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The pets.
(b) The servants.
(c) The young men.
(d) The children.
2. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(b) The Baron.
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To live in a more fashionable area.
(d) To distance her from Hortense.
5. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
6. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) Her family disowned her.
(b) She is an illegitimate child.
(c) She is a gambler.
(d) She is an orphan.
7. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Rich Fool.
(b) The Bad Samaritan.
(c) The Friend at Night.
(d) The Prodigal Father.
8. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The dressmakers to the high society.
(b) The typesetters of the daily news.
(c) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(d) The glassblowers of the local village.
9. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(b) Celestine Crevel.
(c) The Baroness.
(d) Madame Marneffe.
10. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She is poor and unprotected.
(b) She has an aptitude for work.
(c) She wants to meet a husband.
(d) She cannot read nor write.
11. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(b) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(c) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(d) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
12. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(c) Jenny Cadine.
13. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They live in the same building.
(b) They work in the same building.
(c) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) They attend the same church.
14. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The closet.
(b) The mode of transportation.
(c) The table.
(d) The neighborhood.
15. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) A group for Monsieur Crevel.
(b) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(c) A statue of Napoleon.
(d) A clock for the prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
2. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
4. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
5. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)