|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A cashmere shawl.
(b) A medal of honor.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their children.
(b) Through their military service.
(c) Through their mistresses.
(d) Through their parents.
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(a) The Baron.
(c) Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
5. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The typesetters of the daily news.
(b) The dressmakers to the high society.
(c) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(d) The glassblowers of the local village.
6. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(b) Jenny Cadine.
7. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) A supreme court justice.
(b) Doing nothing.
(c) A general in the Army.
(d) A government minister.
8. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Two years.
9. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
10. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
11. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
12. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Hulot is ten years younger.
(b) Crevel is seven years younger.
(c) Hulot is seven years younger.
(d) Crevel is ten years younger.
13. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
14. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Combing his hair.
(b) Talking to himself.
(c) Reading a newspaper.
(d) Looking at himself in a mirror.
15. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) Celestine Crevel.
(c) Madame Marneffe.
(d) The Baroness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
4. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
5. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)