Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Pages 5 - 148
1. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
2. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
3. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
4. What year does the novel take place?
5. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
6. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
7. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
8. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
9. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
10. What is the difference in age...
This section contains 2,386 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)