|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what condition does Adeline take Baron Hulot home from Marshal Hulot's house?
(a) That the Baron promise to pay back the 200,000 francs.
(b) That the Baron leave Valerie Marneffe forever.
(c) That the Baron never be in the Marshal's presence again.
(d) That the Baron promise to leave the country.
2. Who has become Baron Hulot's protector?
(b) The Prince of Wissembourg.
3. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Wenceslas Steinbock.
(b) Madame Crevel.
(c) Monsieur Stidman.
(d) Monsieur Coquet.
4. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A silver star.
(b) A gold cross.
(c) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
(d) A purple heart.
5. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A society woman.
(c) A decent woman.
(d) A talented woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
2. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
3. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
4. Whom does Lisbeth dream of marrying?
5. What does the Prince of Wissembourg do with the 200,000 francs that Marshal Hulot gave him in repayment for his brother's embezzlement from the state?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)