|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
(a) Three thousand francs per year.
(b) A new carriage.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) Six thousand francs per year.
2. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
3. What two significant events happen to Valerie Marneffe in March of 1843?
(a) She divorces Marneffe and moves to America.
(b) She gives birth to a stillborn child and her husband dies.
(c) She moves to Brazil and marries Montejanos.
(d) She gives birth to a baby boy and breaks up with Montejanos.
4. Who informs Hector that Valerie Marneffe conspired with her husband to blackmail him?
(a) The police officer.
(d) The justice of the peace.
5. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(b) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(c) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(d) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
2. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
3. Whom does Madame Nourisson use to tempt the Baron Montes de Montejanos?
4. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
5. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)