|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He loses weight.
(b) He stops dying his hair.
(c) He stops wearing his military uniform.
(d) He shaves off his beard.
2. Who does Victorin Hulot hire to help him resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe and Celestin Crevel?
(a) Madame Saint-Esteve.
(b) The military police.
(c) Lisbeth Fischer.
(d) The Prince of Wissembourg.
3. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
4. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
(b) Fruit and sweets.
5. What type of a business does the Duc D'Heuronville pay to have the Baron set up in Olympe Bijou's name?
(b) A school.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
2. Whom does Baron Hulot turn to for help after his disgrace?
3. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
4. How long elapses between the death of Marneffe and Valerie and Crevel's marriage?
5. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)