|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hector tell Adeline he is going when he in fact is going to visit Valerie in the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) To Wenceslas' studio.
(b) To work with the Minister at Saint-Cloud.
(c) To visit Victorin and Celestine.
(d) To dine with the Prince de Wissembourg.
2. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
(a) She is canceling her order.
(b) She is hosting a party.
(c) She is moving into a new house.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) A government minister.
(b) A general in the Army.
(c) A supreme court justice.
(d) Doing nothing.
4. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
(a) His need for a job.
(b) The end of his relationship with Madame Schontz.
(c) The end of his friendship with Wenceslas.
(d) His need for a loan.
5. What object from Valerie does Lisbeth give to the Baron after he is turned away at her door by Monsieur Marneffe?
(a) A red rose.
(b) A letter ending their relationship.
(c) A bill for two thousand francs.
(d) A key to Crevel's little house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
2. On what condition does Adeline take Baron Hulot home from Marshal Hulot's house?
3. What information does Valerie use to make the Hulots accept her as Madame Crevel?
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
5. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)