|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Comte of Clichy.
(c) The Comte of Montcornet.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
2. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
(a) Imitation of Christ.
(b) The Sorrows of Young Werther.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
3. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have medical expenses.
(b) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(c) They are behind on their rent payments.
(d) They have no source of income.
4. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
(a) Valerie Marneffe.
(b) Adeline Hulot.
(c) Celestine Crevel.
(d) Hortense Hulot.
5. Where does Johann Fischer expect to be when Hector Hulot reads his final letter?
(a) In prison.
(b) In hiding.
(d) In Algiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
2. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
3. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
4. Whom does Adeline turn to for help in saving her uncle, Johann Fischer?
5. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)