|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
(a) She finds her a cook from Vosges and accompanies her to the market.
(b) She contributes the profits from her embroidery work to the household budget.
(c) She does the cooking and washing herself.
(d) She encourages Valerie to dine out instead of hosting dinners at home.
2. According to the narrator, no men are more humane than those of which group?
3. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
(a) Lisbeth Fischer.
(b) Valerie Marneffe.
(c) Celestine Crevel.
(d) Marshal Hulot.
4. What information does Valerie use to make the Hulots accept her as Madame Crevel?
(a) A story about Adeline and 200,000 francs.
(b) A story about her and Hector.
(c) Gossip about Lisbeth and Marshal Hulot.
(d) Gossip about Hector and Olympe Bijou.
5. A letter from which continent sets off a chain of events that will ruin Lisbeth's happiness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
2. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
3. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
4. Whom does the Prince of Wissembourg call into his office and accuse of ruining Hector Hulot?
5. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)