|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The end of the monarchy.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Glorious Revolution.
(d) The end of the empire.
2. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She wants to humiliate him.
(b) She admires his talent.
(c) She wants to seduce him.
(d) She is awed by his fame.
3. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
4. What does the Prince of Wissembourg advise Baron Hulot to try to do in order to save his honor?
(a) Divorce Adeline.
(b) Repay the State.
(c) Die of a stroke.
(d) Leave Valerie Marneffe.
5. What does Baron Hulot do after learning of his brother's death?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He goes to Algiers.
(c) He abandons his family.
(d) He returns to Valerie Marneffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
2. What does Johann Fischer ask Baron Hulot to send to him in order to avoid the disgrace of a court martial?
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
4. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
5. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)