|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
2. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
(a) A sculpture of Samson and Delilah.
(b) A statue of Marshal Hulot.
(c) A silver group depicting deer.
(d) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
3. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not anger her moneylender.
(b) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(c) To not worry his friends.
(d) To protect his reputation.
4. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
(a) Killed him.
(b) Taken Crevel as a lover.
(c) Taken Stidman as a lover.
(d) Killed herself.
5. What does Baron Hulot do after learning of his brother's death?
(a) He returns to Valerie Marneffe.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He abandons his family.
(d) He goes to Algiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
2. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
3. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
4. Where does Hector tell Adeline he is going when he in fact is going to visit Valerie in the Rue du Dauphin?
5. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)