|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
(a) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(b) A sculpture of Samson and Delilah.
(c) A statue of Marshal Hulot.
(d) A silver group depicting deer.
2. How old is Olympe Bijou, the Baron's new mistress?
3. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The neighborhood.
(b) The mode of transportation.
(c) The table.
(d) The closet.
4. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) Celestin Crevel.
(b) The Duc d´Hérouville.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Marshal Hulot.
5. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victorin contribute to help his father get out of debt?
2. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
3. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
4. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
5. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)