|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The end of the empire.
(b) The end of the monarchy.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Glorious Revolution.
2. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
3. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
(a) She claims he is Monsieur Marneffe's nephew.
(b) She explains that they had been lovers.
(c) She claims they are cousins.
(d) She pretends she has never met him.
4. Whom does Adeline encounter while in the midst of doing her charity work?
(c) Jenny Cadine.
5. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
(a) A confession.
(b) A letter from Valerie.
(c) The testimony of a witness.
(d) A photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
2. What year does the novel take place?
3. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
4. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
5. What is Adeline's physical reaction after reading Johann Fischer's letter?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)