|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
(a) She is moving into a new house.
(b) She is canceling her order.
(c) She is hosting a party.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is a gambler.
(b) Her family disowned her.
(c) She is an illegitimate child.
(d) She is an orphan.
3. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) Celestine Crevel.
(b) Madame Marneffe.
(c) The Baroness.
4. What information does Valerie use to make the Hulots accept her as Madame Crevel?
(a) A story about Adeline and 200,000 francs.
(b) Gossip about Hector and Olympe Bijou.
(c) Gossip about Lisbeth and Marshal Hulot.
(d) A story about her and Hector.
5. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
(a) Adeline Hulot.
(b) Celestine Crevel.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Hortense Hulot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
2. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
3. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
4. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
5. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)