|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long elapses between the death of Marneffe and Valerie and Crevel's marriage?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) One year.
2. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(c) A broken heart.
3. According to the narrator, no men are more humane than those of which group?
4. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Comte of Montcornet.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Comte of Clichy.
5. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A hat.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A letter.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hector consult in order to resolve his situation with the Marneffes?
2. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
3. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
4. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
5. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)