|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A cashmere shawl.
(c) A medal of honor.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(b) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(c) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(d) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
3. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A house.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A statue.
4. A letter from which continent sets off a chain of events that will ruin Lisbeth's happiness?
5. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
(a) Take Stidman as a lover.
(b) Pack her things and move in with her mother.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill Wenceslas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
2. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
3. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
4. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
5. What proof of the affair between Valerie and Hector Hulot is in the possession of Monsieur Marneffe?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)