|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That it be signed by the sculptor.
(b) That Valerie serve as model.
(c) That it be completed before Christmas.
(d) That it be the only copy in existence.
2. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His studio.
(c) Lisbeth's flat.
3. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
4. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
5. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
(a) He is attracted to Hortense.
(b) He does not like Hortense.
(c) He is angry with Wenceslas.
(d) He does not like Bette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
2. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
3. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
4. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
5. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)