|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
(a) A lover.
(b) Money that she borrowed from her mother.
(c) News articles criticizing his work.
(d) A pregnancy.
2. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
3. Who informs Hector that Valerie Marneffe conspired with her husband to blackmail him?
(b) The justice of the peace.
(d) The police officer.
4. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A letter.
(c) A hat.
(d) A necklace.
5. What does Johann Fischer ask Baron Hulot to send to him in order to avoid the disgrace of a court martial?
(a) A copy of his military orders.
(b) A dossier proving his innocence.
(c) A copy of his birth certificate.
(d) Two hundred thousand francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
2. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
3. What type of a business does the Duc D'Heuronville pay to have the Baron set up in Olympe Bijou's name?
4. With whom does Wenceslas claim to be dining while he is at Valerie Marneffe's house?
5. How old is Olympe Bijou, the Baron's new mistress?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)