|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Victorin give to the Prince of Wissembourg for his father's disappearance?
(a) He is embarrassed over the situation with Valerie Marneffe.
(b) He is living with a younger woman.
(c) He is ashamed over the situation in Algiers.
(d) He is hiding from his creditors.
2. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
3. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) The Baroness.
(c) Madame Marneffe.
(d) Celestine Crevel.
4. What happens to Marshal Hulot three days after he repays the 200,000 francs to the State?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He gets married.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is killed.
5. Who does Victorin Hulot hire to help him resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe and Celestin Crevel?
(a) Madame Saint-Esteve.
(b) Lisbeth Fischer.
(c) The military police.
(d) The Prince of Wissembourg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which couple does the Baron Montes de Montejanos discover in a compromising position while accompanied by Madame Nourisson?
2. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
3. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
4. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
5. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)