|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wissembourg advise Baron Hulot to try to do in order to save his honor?
(a) Repay the State.
(b) Divorce Adeline.
(c) Leave Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Die of a stroke.
2. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A letter.
(d) A hat.
3. A letter from which continent sets off a chain of events that will ruin Lisbeth's happiness?
4. Whom does Adeline turn to for help in saving her uncle, Johann Fischer?
(a) The Prince of Wissembourg.
(b) Valerie Marneffe.
(c) Marshal Hulot.
5. What information does Valerie use to make the Hulots accept her as Madame Crevel?
(a) Gossip about Lisbeth and Marshal Hulot.
(b) A story about Adeline and 200,000 francs.
(c) Gossip about Hector and Olympe Bijou.
(d) A story about her and Hector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
2. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
3. Which two women become much closer due to their new living arrangement?
4. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)