|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He loses weight.
(b) He stops dying his hair.
(c) He shaves off his beard.
(d) He stops wearing his military uniform.
2. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
3. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She admires his talent.
(b) She wants to humiliate him.
(c) She is awed by his fame.
(d) She wants to seduce him.
4. What year does the novel take place?
5. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
(b) Marshal Hulot's.
(c) Monsieur Coquet's.
(d) The Duc d'Herounville's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
2. What event ruins all of Lisbeth's hopes for the future?
3. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
4. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
5. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)