|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) She accepts a marriage proposal.
(b) She goes bankrupt.
(c) She becomes gravely ill.
(d) The empire collapses.
2. In what art is Adeline unpracticed, as is evidenced by her inadequate preparation for her second meeting with Monsieur Crevel?
3. What information does Valerie use to make the Hulots accept her as Madame Crevel?
(a) Gossip about Hector and Olympe Bijou.
(b) Gossip about Lisbeth and Marshal Hulot.
(c) A story about her and Hector.
(d) A story about Adeline and 200,000 francs.
4. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) The Baron.
(c) Monsieur Marneffe.
5. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object from Valerie does Lisbeth give to the Baron after he is turned away at her door by Monsieur Marneffe?
2. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
3. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
4. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
5. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)