|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
(b) Monsieur Coquet's.
(c) Marshal Hulot's.
(d) The Duc d'Herounville's.
2. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(b) The Baron.
3. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The mode of transportation.
(b) The neighborhood.
(c) The table.
(d) The closet.
4. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Two years.
5. What is Vauvinet's profession?
(c) Government Official.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
2. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
3. In saying goodbye to Hector in the Rue du Dauphin, whom does Valerie suggest is responsible for betraying them to Marneffe?
4. With whom does Adeline discover Hector having an illicit affair, just days before her death?
5. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)