|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
(a) Lisbeth Fischer.
(b) Celestine Crevel.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Marshal Hulot.
2. What two significant events happen to Valerie Marneffe in March of 1843?
(a) She gives birth to a baby boy and breaks up with Montejanos.
(b) She moves to Brazil and marries Montejanos.
(c) She gives birth to a stillborn child and her husband dies.
(d) She divorces Marneffe and moves to America.
3. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That it be the only copy in existence.
(b) That Valerie serve as model.
(c) That it be completed before Christmas.
(d) That it be signed by the sculptor.
4. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
(a) Celestin Crevel's house.
(b) His studio.
(c) Stidman's house.
(d) Valerie Marneffe's house.
5. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
(a) Samson and Delilah.
(b) Moses and Aaron.
(c) David and Goliath.
(d) Cain and Abel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
2. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
3. A letter from which continent sets off a chain of events that will ruin Lisbeth's happiness?
4. Where does Hector tell Adeline he is going when he in fact is going to visit Valerie in the Rue du Dauphin?
5. Which two women become much closer due to their new living arrangement?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)