|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What professional position is Hector Hulot exercising while he is living with Atala Judici?
(a) Law Clerk.
(b) Police Chief.
(c) Justice of the Peace.
(d) Public Letter-Writer.
2. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Take Stidman as a lover.
(c) Kill Wenceslas.
(d) Pack her things and move in with her mother.
3. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
(a) She counsels Hortense to ask Adeline for money.
(b) She advises Hortense to sell her diamonds.
(c) She suggests they help her arrange a marriage to Marshal Hulot.
(d) She tells Hortense to pawn all of her valuables.
4. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
5. What does the Prince of Wissembourg advise Baron Hulot to try to do in order to save his honor?
(a) Divorce Adeline.
(b) Leave Valerie Marneffe.
(c) Repay the State.
(d) Die of a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Adeline turn to for help in saving her uncle, Johann Fischer?
2. Whom does Adeline visit in hopes of finding information about Hector's wherabouts?
3. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
4. Where does Hector tell Adeline he is going when he in fact is going to visit Valerie in the Rue du Dauphin?
5. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)