|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Hector that Valerie Marneffe conspired with her husband to blackmail him?
(b) The police officer.
(c) The justice of the peace.
2. How much does Victorin Hulot agree to pay in order to resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe?
(a) Five thousand francs.
(b) Two hundred thousand francs.
(c) Fifty thousand francs.
(d) Twenty thousand francs.
3. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
(a) With Victorin.
(b) With Marshal Hulot.
(c) In the Rue Vaneau.
(d) With Adeline.
4. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
(b) It is the German word for light.
(c) It is the name of a town in Israel.
(d) It is the name of a German town.
5. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
(a) A child.
(b) An opera.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) Fine jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "medicine" does Marshal Hulot prescribe for Hector after his disgrace and resignation?
2. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
3. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
4. Where does Johann Fischer expect to be when Hector Hulot reads his final letter?
5. What becomes of Johann Fischer's accomplice in the embezzlement scheme?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)