|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
(a) She is canceling her order.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is moving into a new house.
(d) She is hosting a party.
2. What does the Prince of Wissembourg advise Baron Hulot to try to do in order to save his honor?
(a) Repay the State.
(b) Divorce Adeline.
(c) Leave Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Die of a stroke.
3. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
(a) He threatens Valerie with a pistol.
(b) He beats Hector up.
(c) He threatens Hector with a pistol.
(d) He calls the police.
4. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
(a) Victorin's professional difficulties.
(b) Lisbeth's personal difficulties.
(c) Victorin's professional difficulties.
(d) Victorin's financial difficulties.
5. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her son for a loan.
(b) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(c) Become a seamstress.
(d) Become his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Olympe Bijou, the Baron's new mistress?
2. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
3. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
4. Whom does Hector consult in order to resolve his situation with the Marneffes?
5. How many years of government service had Hector Hulot served before his resignation?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)