|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) Her family disowned her.
(c) She is an illegitimate child.
(d) She is a gambler.
2. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
3. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Bad Samaritan.
(b) The Prodigal Father.
(c) The Rich Fool.
(d) The Friend at Night.
4. What does Johann Fischer plan to do in the event that Baron Hulot cannot help him out of his predicament?
5. What is Adeline's physical reaction after reading Johann Fischer's letter?
(c) Nervous trembling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
2. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
3. What evidence of Hector's guilt does the Prince of Wissembourg show to Marshal Hulot?
4. Where does Valerie arrange to meet Montejanos clandestinely after her guests have retired?
5. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)