|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Hulot is ten years younger.
(b) Crevel is ten years younger.
(c) Hulot is seven years younger.
(d) Crevel is seven years younger.
2. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
(a) Taken Stidman as a lover.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Taken Crevel as a lover.
(d) Killed herself.
3. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
(a) The testimony of a witness.
(b) A letter from Valerie.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A confession.
4. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(a) The Baron.
(b) Monsieur Crevel.
(c) Monsieur Marneffe.
5. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The end of the empire.
(c) The end of the monarchy.
(d) The Glorious Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
2. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
3. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
4. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
5. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)