|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In saying goodbye to Hector in the Rue du Dauphin, whom does Valerie suggest is responsible for betraying them to Marneffe?
2. Which couple does the Baron Montes de Montejanos discover in a compromising position while accompanied by Madame Nourisson?
(a) Valerie Marneffe and Celestin Crevel.
(b) Valerie Marneffe and Wenceslas Steinbock.
(c) Hector Hulot and Olympe Bijou.
(d) Hector Hulot and Atala Judici.
3. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
(a) She finds her a cook from Vosges and accompanies her to the market.
(b) She contributes the profits from her embroidery work to the household budget.
(c) She encourages Valerie to dine out instead of hosting dinners at home.
(d) She does the cooking and washing herself.
4. How old is Olympe Bijou, the Baron's new mistress?
5. Who interrupts Hector and Valerie's love affair on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) Adeline and Hortense.
(b) A police commissioner, a justice of the peace, and Marneffe.
(c) Adeline and Lisbeth.
(d) A police commissioner, a justice of the peace, and Crevel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
2. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
3. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
4. What is Vauvinet's profession?
5. What professional position is Hector Hulot exercising while he is living with Atala Judici?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)