|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
2. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(c) Combing his hair.
(d) Talking to himself.
3. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To distance her from Hortense.
(d) To live in a more fashionable area.
4. What proof of the affair between Valerie and Hector Hulot is in the possession of Monsieur Marneffe?
(c) Diary entries.
5. When Wenceslas returns home and is confronted by Hortnese, whom does he claim has lent him ten thousand francs?
(a) León de Lora.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
2. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
3. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
4. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
5. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)