|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Victorin Hulot agree to pay in order to resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe?
(a) Fifty thousand francs.
(b) Two hundred thousand francs.
(c) Five thousand francs.
(d) Twenty thousand francs.
2. With whom does Adeline discover Hector having an illicit affair, just days before her death?
(a) Jenny Cadine, the actress.
(b) Josepha Mariah, the singer.
(c) Agatha Piquetard, the kitchen maid.
(d) Olympe Bijou, the sewing girl.
3. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Monsieur Coquet.
(b) Monsieur Stidman.
(c) Wenceslas Steinbock.
(d) Madame Crevel.
4. What does Lisbeth Fischer die of?
(d) A broken heart.
5. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
(a) Fifteen hundred pounds.
(b) Ten thousand francs.
(c) A thousand crowns.
(d) Three thousand sous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Madame Nourisson use to tempt the Baron Montes de Montejanos?
2. What type of a business does the Duc D'Heuronville pay to have the Baron set up in Olympe Bijou's name?
3. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
4. Which two women become much closer due to their new living arrangement?
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)