|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
2. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The typesetters of the daily news.
(b) The dressmakers to the high society.
(c) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(d) The glassblowers of the local village.
3. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The Glorious Revolution.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The end of the empire.
(d) The end of the monarchy.
4. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) The Duc d´Hérouville.
(b) Valerie Marneffe.
(c) Celestin Crevel.
(d) Marshal Hulot.
5. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
(a) Her husband has passed away.
(b) Her husband has forbidden her from receiving him in her home.
(c) She has suffered a miscarriage.
(d) Crevel has discovered the truth about their relationship and is furious.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
2. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
3. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
4. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
5. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)