|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
(a) Crevel has discovered the truth about their relationship and is furious.
(b) She has suffered a miscarriage.
(c) Her husband has forbidden her from receiving him in her home.
(d) Her husband has passed away.
2. Whom does Adeline encounter while in the midst of doing her charity work?
(c) Jenny Cadine.
3. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
4. What reason does Victorin give to the Prince of Wissembourg for his father's disappearance?
(a) He is embarrassed over the situation with Valerie Marneffe.
(b) He is living with a younger woman.
(c) He is ashamed over the situation in Algiers.
(d) He is hiding from his creditors.
5. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
2. What information does Valerie use to make the Hulots accept her as Madame Crevel?
3. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
4. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
5. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)