|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Adeline discover Hector having an illicit affair, just days before her death?
(a) Josepha Mariah, the singer.
(b) Agatha Piquetard, the kitchen maid.
(c) Jenny Cadine, the actress.
(d) Olympe Bijou, the sewing girl.
2. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Five thousand pounds.
(b) Two hundred thousand livres.
(c) Forty thousand francs.
(d) Thirty thousand pesetas.
3. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
(a) A letter from Johann Fischer.
(b) A new uniform.
(c) News from the Prince of Wissembourg.
(d) Money from Algeria.
4. What professional position is Hector Hulot exercising while he is living with Atala Judici?
(a) Police Chief.
(b) Justice of the Peace.
(c) Public Letter-Writer.
(d) Law Clerk.
5. On what condition does Adeline take Baron Hulot home from Marshal Hulot's house?
(a) That the Baron promise to pay back the 200,000 francs.
(b) That the Baron promise to leave the country.
(c) That the Baron leave Valerie Marneffe forever.
(d) That the Baron never be in the Marshal's presence again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
2. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
3. What is Vauvinet's profession?
4. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
5. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)