|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(a) The Baron.
2. Whom does Baron Hulot turn to for help after his disgrace?
(a) Celestin Crevel.
(b) Valerie Marneffe.
(c) Josepha Mariah.
(d) Jenny Cadine.
3. What happens to Marshal Hulot three days after he repays the 200,000 francs to the State?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He gets married.
(d) He is arrested.
4. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(b) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
(c) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(d) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
5. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
2. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
3. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
4. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
5. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)