|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wissembourg advise Baron Hulot to try to do in order to save his honor?
(a) Divorce Adeline.
(b) Repay the State.
(c) Die of a stroke.
(d) Leave Valerie Marneffe.
2. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) She accepts a marriage proposal.
(b) She becomes gravely ill.
(c) She goes bankrupt.
(d) The empire collapses.
3. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A feathered hat.
(b) A parasol.
(c) A yellow cashmere shawl.
(d) A diamond necklace.
4. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He stops dying his hair.
(b) He shaves off his beard.
(c) He loses weight.
(d) He stops wearing his military uniform.
5. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
4. Where does the Baroness come from?
5. What reason does Victorin give to the Prince of Wissembourg for his father's disappearance?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)