|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings news of Valerie and Celestin Crevel's fatal illness?
(b) Doctor Bianchon.
2. What does Johann Fischer plan to do in the event that Baron Hulot cannot help him out of his predicament?
3. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Taken Crevel as a lover.
(d) Taken Stidman as a lover.
4. In saying goodbye to Hector in the Rue du Dauphin, whom does Valerie suggest is responsible for betraying them to Marneffe?
5. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A medal of honor.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A cashmere shawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event ruins all of Lisbeth's hopes for the future?
2. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
3. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
4. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
5. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)