|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Hector Hulot using while he is living with Atala Judici?
(a) Pere Goriot.
(b) Pere Vyder.
(c) Pere Thoul.
(d) Pere Thorec.
2. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
3. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(c) Opera singer.
4. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
(a) She counsels Hortense to ask Adeline for money.
(b) She advises Hortense to sell her diamonds.
(c) She tells Hortense to pawn all of her valuables.
(d) She suggests they help her arrange a marriage to Marshal Hulot.
5. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
(b) A purple heart.
(c) A silver star.
(d) A gold cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
2. What object from Valerie does Lisbeth give to the Baron after he is turned away at her door by Monsieur Marneffe?
3. Why does Marnefffe claim that if he goes to police court, he will be worse than a murderer?
4. What evidence of Hector's guilt does the Prince of Wissembourg show to Marshal Hulot?
5. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)