|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(b) The glassblowers of the local village.
(c) The dressmakers to the high society.
(d) The typesetters of the daily news.
2. What happens to Marshal Hulot three days after he repays the 200,000 francs to the State?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He gets married.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He dies.
3. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(b) Opera singer.
4. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A hat.
(d) A scarf.
5. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
(a) Fifteen hundred pounds.
(b) Three thousand sous.
(c) A thousand crowns.
(d) Ten thousand francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
2. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
3. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
5. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)