|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two women become much closer due to their new living arrangement?
(a) Hortense and Lisbeth.
(b) Hortense and Celestine.
(c) Lisbeth and Valerie.
(d) Adeline and Lisbeth.
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(d) Cousin Bette.
4. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) Marshal Hulot's.
(b) The Duc d'Herounville's.
(c) Monsieur Coquet's.
(d) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
5. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
(a) She is canceling her order.
(b) She is moving into a new house.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is hosting a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
2. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
3. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
4. Whom does Lisbeth dream of marrying?
5. Whom does Madame Nourisson use to tempt the Baron Montes de Montejanos?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)