|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(c) The Baroness.
(d) Madame Marneffe.
2. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
(a) She starts breaking things in the room and has to be restrained.
(b) She laughs it off.
(c) She faints and has nervous convulsions.
(d) She becomes sad, shouts and begins to cry.
3. In her letter, what excuse does Valerie have for changing the time of her meeting with the Baron on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) Monsieur Marneffe is ill and she must care for him.
(b) Lisbeth is coming to meet with her at that time.
(c) She has morning sickness.
(d) She has a headache.
4. Where does Valerie arrange to meet Montejanos clandestinely after her guests have retired?
(a) Bette's flat.
(b) Montejanos' carriage.
(c) Montejanos' hotel.
(d) Valerie's chambers.
5. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
(a) His wife is dying.
(b) His son is ill.
(c) His son is dying.
(d) His wife is in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives money to Adeline's cook so that she may provide a meal for the family?
2. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
3. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
4. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
5. How many years of government service had Hector Hulot served before his resignation?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)