|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Adeline's physical reaction after reading Johann Fischer's letter?
(c) Nervous trembling.
2. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Doctor of social medicine.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Theatre actor.
(d) Professor of philosophy.
3. What reason does Victorin give to the Prince of Wissembourg for his father's disappearance?
(a) He is hiding from his creditors.
(b) He is ashamed over the situation in Algiers.
(c) He is living with a younger woman.
(d) He is embarrassed over the situation with Valerie Marneffe.
4. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Two hundred thousand livres.
(b) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(c) Five thousand pounds.
(d) Forty thousand francs.
5. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
(a) The Sorrows of Young Werther.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) Imitation of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
2. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
3. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
4. What name does Baron Hulot use while he is living with Olympe Bijou?
5. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)