|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She is awed by his fame.
(b) She wants to seduce him.
(c) She admires his talent.
(d) She wants to humiliate him.
2. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
(a) She faints and has nervous convulsions.
(b) She starts breaking things in the room and has to be restrained.
(c) She laughs it off.
(d) She becomes sad, shouts and begins to cry.
3. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(a) The Baroness.
(b) Madame Marneffe.
4. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Bad Samaritan.
(b) The Rich Fool.
(c) The Prodigal Father.
(d) The Friend at Night.
5. What does Johann Fischer ask Baron Hulot to send to him in order to avoid the disgrace of a court martial?
(a) Two hundred thousand francs.
(b) A copy of his military orders.
(c) A dossier proving his innocence.
(d) A copy of his birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
2. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
3. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
4. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
5. What does Baron Hulot do after learning of his brother's death?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)