|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two significant events happen to Valerie Marneffe in March of 1843?
(a) She moves to Brazil and marries Montejanos.
(b) She gives birth to a baby boy and breaks up with Montejanos.
(c) She gives birth to a stillborn child and her husband dies.
(d) She divorces Marneffe and moves to America.
2. Which two women become much closer due to their new living arrangement?
(a) Hortense and Celestine.
(b) Adeline and Lisbeth.
(c) Lisbeth and Valerie.
(d) Hortense and Lisbeth.
3. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
(a) The Sorrows of Young Werther.
(b) Imitation of Christ.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
4. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
(a) News from the Prince of Wissembourg.
(b) A new uniform.
(c) A letter from Johann Fischer.
(d) Money from Algeria.
5. Who gives money to Adeline's cook so that she may provide a meal for the family?
(a) Victorin Hulot.
(b) Monsieur Crevel.
(c) Marshal Hulot.
(d) Baron Hulot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
2. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
4. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
5. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)