|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Baroness come from?
2. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(a) A broken heart.
3. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
(a) Celestine Crevel.
(b) Marshal Hulot.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Lisbeth Fischer.
4. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
(a) She laughs it off.
(b) She starts breaking things in the room and has to be restrained.
(c) She faints and has nervous convulsions.
(d) She becomes sad, shouts and begins to cry.
5. In what art is Adeline unpracticed, as is evidenced by her inadequate preparation for her second meeting with Monsieur Crevel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
2. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
3. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
4. What does Baron Hulot do after learning of his brother's death?
5. After her apparent break with Valerie Marneffe, what event makes Lisbeth extremely happy?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)