|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
(a) Samson and Delilah.
(b) Cain and Abel.
(c) Moses and Aaron.
(d) David and Goliath.
2. What is Vauvinet's profession?
(a) Government Official.
3. What proof of the affair between Valerie and Hector Hulot is in the possession of Monsieur Marneffe?
(d) Diary entries.
4. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their military service.
(b) Through their parents.
(c) Through their children.
(d) Through their mistresses.
5. How much time elapses between his mother's funeral and the time when Victorin hears of his father's remarriage?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Eleven days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
2. How much does Victorin Hulot agree to pay in order to resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe?
3. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
4. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
5. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)