|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victorin contribute to help his father get out of debt?
(a) He asks Valerie Marneffe for a loan.
(b) He sells his furniture.
(c) He hands over his retirement funds.
(d) He mortgages his house.
2. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A thoroughbred horse.
(b) A fox.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) A pig.
3. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(b) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(c) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(d) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
4. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
(a) She counsels Hortense to ask Adeline for money.
(b) She tells Hortense to pawn all of her valuables.
(c) She suggests they help her arrange a marriage to Marshal Hulot.
(d) She advises Hortense to sell her diamonds.
5. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
(a) The end of his friendship with Wenceslas.
(b) His need for a loan.
(c) His need for a job.
(d) The end of his relationship with Madame Schontz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Baroness come from?
2. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
3. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
4. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
5. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)