|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Crevel is ten years younger.
(b) Crevel is seven years younger.
(c) Hulot is ten years younger.
(d) Hulot is seven years younger.
2. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
(a) A pregnancy.
(b) Money that she borrowed from her mother.
(c) News articles criticizing his work.
(d) A lover.
3. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
(a) A statue.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A house.
(d) A necklace.
4. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
(a) Fine jewelry.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A child.
(d) An opera.
5. Whom does Lisbeth dream of marrying?
(a) Monsieur Stidman.
(b) Johann Fischer.
(c) Marshall Hulot.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valerie arrange to meet Montejanos clandestinely after her guests have retired?
2. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
3. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
4. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
5. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)