|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
(a) Celestin Crevel's house.
(b) Stidman's house.
(c) Valerie Marneffe's house.
(d) His studio.
2. What does Baron Hulot agree to provide for Valerie Marneffe's second child?
(a) A place to live.
(b) The Hulot family name.
(c) Twelve hundred francs per year.
(d) A job in government service when he reaches adulthood.
3. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
(b) It is the German word for light.
(c) It is the name of a town in Israel.
(d) It is the name of a German town.
4. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Prodigal Father.
(b) The Rich Fool.
(c) The Friend at Night.
(d) The Bad Samaritan.
5. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
(c) Fruit and sweets.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
2. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
3. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
4. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
5. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)