|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They live in the same building.
(b) They work in the same building.
(c) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) They attend the same church.
2. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
(a) She claims they are cousins.
(b) She explains that they had been lovers.
(c) She claims he is Monsieur Marneffe's nephew.
(d) She pretends she has never met him.
3. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
(a) Imitation of Christ.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) The Sorrows of Young Werther.
4. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
(a) Three thousand sous.
(b) Fifteen hundred pounds.
(c) Ten thousand francs.
(d) A thousand crowns.
5. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To be closer to the family.
(b) To distance her from Hortense.
(c) To live in a more fashionable area.
(d) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
2. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
4. What is Vauvinet's profession?
5. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)