|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
2. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(b) They work in the same building.
(c) They attend the same church.
(d) They live in the same building.
3. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) Madame Marneffe.
(b) Celestine Crevel.
(c) The Baroness.
4. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
5. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Five thousand pounds.
(b) Two hundred thousand livres.
(c) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(d) Forty thousand francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
2. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
3. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
4. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
5. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)