|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
(a) A silver group depicting deer.
(b) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(c) A statue of Marshal Hulot.
(d) A sculpture of Samson and Delilah.
2. Who gives money to Adeline's cook so that she may provide a meal for the family?
(a) Marshal Hulot.
(b) Baron Hulot.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) Victorin Hulot.
3. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) Cousin Bette.
(c) The Baroness.
(d) Monsieur Hulot.
4. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
(a) A toothache.
(d) A migraine.
5. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) A court document.
(c) A letter.
(d) A personal visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
3. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
4. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
5. With whom does Wenceslas claim to be dining while he is at Valerie Marneffe's house?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)