|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their military service.
(b) Through their mistresses.
(c) Through their parents.
(d) Through their children.
2. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(b) Five thousand pounds.
(c) Forty thousand francs.
(d) Two hundred thousand livres.
3. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A house.
(c) A statue.
(d) A necklace.
4. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) The Baroness.
(b) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(c) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(d) Cousin Bette.
5. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She has an aptitude for work.
(b) She is poor and unprotected.
(c) She cannot read nor write.
(d) She wants to meet a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
2. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
3. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
4. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
5. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)