|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
(a) She has suffered a miscarriage.
(b) Her husband has forbidden her from receiving him in her home.
(c) Her husband has passed away.
(d) Crevel has discovered the truth about their relationship and is furious.
2. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
(a) Celestin Crevel's house.
(b) Stidman's house.
(c) Valerie Marneffe's house.
(d) His studio.
3. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
(a) She faints and has nervous convulsions.
(b) She becomes sad, shouts and begins to cry.
(c) She starts breaking things in the room and has to be restrained.
(d) She laughs it off.
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(b) A broken heart.
5. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A feathered hat.
(b) A parasol.
(c) A yellow cashmere shawl.
(d) A diamond necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
2. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
3. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
4. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
5. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)