|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Ten years.
2. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
(a) A house.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A statue.
(d) A necklace.
3. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is a gambler.
(c) Her family disowned her.
(d) She is an illegitimate child.
4. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(b) He has been serving his country.
(c) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(d) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the third man to whom Valerie Marneffe tells he is going to be the father of her child?
2. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
3. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
4. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
5. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)