|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have no source of income.
(b) They have medical expenses.
(c) They are behind on their rent payments.
(d) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
2. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(b) A group for Monsieur Crevel.
(c) A clock for the prince.
(d) A statue of Napoleon.
3. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
4. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He threatens Hector with a pistol.
(c) He threatens Valerie with a pistol.
(d) He beats Hector up.
5. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Twelve months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
2. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
3. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
4. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
5. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)