|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives money to Adeline's cook so that she may provide a meal for the family?
(a) Victorin Hulot.
(b) Marshal Hulot.
(c) Baron Hulot.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
2. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
3. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
(a) A sculpture of Samson and Delilah.
(b) A statue of Marshal Hulot.
(c) A silver group depicting deer.
(d) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
4. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
(a) With Marshal Hulot.
(b) With Victorin.
(c) In the Rue Vaneau.
(d) With Adeline.
5. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
(b) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(c) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(d) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
2. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
3. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
4. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
5. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)