|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Baroness come from?
2. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(d) A broken heart.
3. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not worry his friends.
(b) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(c) To protect his reputation.
(d) To not anger her moneylender.
4. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(b) Honoré de Balzac.
(c) Emile Zola.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
5. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Reading a newspaper.
(d) Talking to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
2. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
3. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
4. What does Baron Hulot agree to provide for Valerie Marneffe's second child?
5. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)