|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She is awed by his fame.
(b) She wants to seduce him.
(c) She wants to humiliate him.
(d) She admires his talent.
2. Who gives money to Adeline's cook so that she may provide a meal for the family?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) Baron Hulot.
(c) Marshal Hulot.
(d) Victorin Hulot.
3. What is Vauvinet's profession?
(a) Government Official.
4. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Emile Zola.
(b) Gustave Flaubert.
(c) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(d) Honoré de Balzac.
5. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The servants.
(b) The children.
(c) The young men.
(d) The pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
2. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
3. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
4. What year does the novel take place?
5. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)