|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Combing his hair.
2. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(b) Two hundred thousand livres.
(c) Forty thousand francs.
(d) Five thousand pounds.
3. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is poorly dressed.
(b) She is handicapped.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) She is unmarried.
4. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
(a) The Holy Bible.
(b) The Sorrows of Young Werther.
(c) Imitation of Christ.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
5. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
(a) She reminds her that Wenceslas has never lied to her before.
(b) She tells her that all men are animals.
(c) She assures her that Valerie Marneffe is a decent woman.
(d) She confesses Hector's infidelities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victorin contribute to help his father get out of debt?
2. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
3. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
4. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
5. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)