|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
(a) His son is dying.
(b) His son is ill.
(c) His wife is dying.
(d) His wife is in trouble.
2. With whom does Wenceslas claim to be dining while he is at Valerie Marneffe's house?
(a) Chanor and Florent.
(b) Hulot and Crevel.
(c) Vignon and Vauvinet.
(d) Stidman and Wissembourg.
3. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
(a) She claims he is Monsieur Marneffe's nephew.
(b) She explains that they had been lovers.
(c) She pretends she has never met him.
(d) She claims they are cousins.
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To live in a more fashionable area.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To distance her from Hortense.
(d) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
5. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
(a) She is canceling her order.
(b) She is hosting a party.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is moving into a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
2. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
3. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
4. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
5. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)