|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The neighborhood.
(b) The mode of transportation.
(c) The closet.
(d) The table.
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(b) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(c) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(d) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
4. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
(a) He does not like Bette.
(b) He does not like Hortense.
(c) He is angry with Wenceslas.
(d) He is attracted to Hortense.
5. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
(a) He beats Hector up.
(b) He threatens Hector with a pistol.
(c) He threatens Valerie with a pistol.
(d) He calls the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
2. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
3. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
4. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
5. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)