|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
2. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
3. With whom does Wenceslas claim to be dining while he is at Valerie Marneffe's house?
(a) Vignon and Vauvinet.
(b) Stidman and Wissembourg.
(c) Hulot and Crevel.
(d) Chanor and Florent.
4. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(b) Jenny Cadine.
5. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
(b) Three o'clock in the morning.
(c) Eleven o'clock in the evening.
(d) One o'clock in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
2. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
3. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
4. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
5. What year does the novel take place?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)