|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
2. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He stops dying his hair.
(b) He shaves off his beard.
(c) He stops wearing his military uniform.
(d) He loses weight.
3. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is the German word for light.
(b) It is the name of a German town.
(c) It is the name of a town in Israel.
(d) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
4. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
(a) Crevel has discovered the truth about their relationship and is furious.
(b) Her husband has passed away.
(c) She has suffered a miscarriage.
(d) Her husband has forbidden her from receiving him in her home.
5. Where does Valerie arrange to meet Montejanos clandestinely after her guests have retired?
(a) Valerie's chambers.
(b) Bette's flat.
(c) Montejanos' hotel.
(d) Montejanos' carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
2. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
3. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
4. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
5. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)