|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
(a) Money that she borrowed from her mother.
(b) News articles criticizing his work.
(c) A lover.
(d) A pregnancy.
2. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The closet.
(b) The mode of transportation.
(c) The table.
(d) The neighborhood.
3. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Hulot is seven years younger.
(b) Crevel is seven years younger.
(c) Hulot is ten years younger.
(d) Crevel is ten years younger.
4. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) The Comte of Montcornet.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Comte of Clichy.
5. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
(a) With Victorin.
(b) With Adeline.
(c) With Marshal Hulot.
(d) In the Rue Vaneau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
2. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
3. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
4. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
5. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)