|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is unmarried.
(b) She is handicapped.
(c) She is poorly dressed.
(d) She is an orphan.
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. What year does the novel take place?
4. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
5. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) An opera.
(c) A child.
(d) Fine jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
2. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
3. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
4. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
5. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)