|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(b) Honoré de Balzac.
(c) Emile Zola.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
2. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Taken Crevel as a lover.
(c) Killed him.
(d) Taken Stidman as a lover.
3. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) A lifetime.
4. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
(a) A photograph.
(b) The testimony of a witness.
(c) A confession.
(d) A letter from Valerie.
5. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
2. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
3. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
4. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
5. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)