|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(a) Madame Marneffe.
(b) The Baroness.
2. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is an illegitimate child.
(c) She is a gambler.
(d) Her family disowned her.
3. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
4. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
(a) She contributes the profits from her embroidery work to the household budget.
(b) She finds her a cook from Vosges and accompanies her to the market.
(c) She does the cooking and washing herself.
(d) She encourages Valerie to dine out instead of hosting dinners at home.
5. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Monsieur Stidman.
(b) Monsieur Coquet.
(c) Madame Crevel.
(d) Wenceslas Steinbock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
2. After Wenceslas and Hortense quarrel about Valerie Marneffe, where does Lisbeth go to live?
3. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
4. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)