|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
(a) She contributes the profits from her embroidery work to the household budget.
(b) She encourages Valerie to dine out instead of hosting dinners at home.
(c) She finds her a cook from Vosges and accompanies her to the market.
(d) She does the cooking and washing herself.
2. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
3. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That it be signed by the sculptor.
(b) That Valerie serve as model.
(c) That it be completed before Christmas.
(d) That it be the only copy in existence.
4. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
(a) A talented woman.
(b) A decent woman.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A society woman.
5. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
(b) A toothache.
(c) A migraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
2. Whom does Lisbeth dream of marrying?
3. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
4. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
5. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)