|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is the site of a famous battle.
(b) It is his birthplace.
(c) It is the name of his first love.
(d) It is his mother's maiden name.
2. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
(b) One o'clock in the morning.
(c) Eleven o'clock in the evening.
(d) Three o'clock in the morning.
3. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
4. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
5. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A hat.
(b) A letter.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
2. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
3. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
4. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
5. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)