|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
(a) His wife is in trouble.
(b) His wife is dying.
(c) His son is ill.
(d) His son is dying.
2. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
(a) His wedding.
(c) Lisbeth's flat.
(d) His studio.
3. Whom does Lisbeth dream of marrying?
(a) Marshall Hulot.
(b) Monsieur Stidman.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) Johann Fischer.
4. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is the site of a famous battle.
(b) It is his mother's maiden name.
(c) It is the name of his first love.
(d) It is his birthplace.
5. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their parents.
(b) Through their mistresses.
(c) Through their children.
(d) Through their military service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
2. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
3. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
4. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
5. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)