|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The young men.
(b) The children.
(c) The pets.
(d) The servants.
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have no source of income.
(b) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(c) They are behind on their rent payments.
(d) They have medical expenses.
3. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Duc d'Herouville.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
4. When Wenceslas returns home and is confronted by Hortnese, whom does he claim has lent him ten thousand francs?
(d) León de Lora.
5. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is his mother's maiden name.
(b) It is his birthplace.
(c) It is the site of a famous battle.
(d) It is the name of his first love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
3. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
4. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
5. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)