|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
(a) A letter from Valerie.
(b) The testimony of a witness.
(c) A confession.
(d) A photograph.
2. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
(b) His wedding.
(c) His studio.
(d) Lisbeth's flat.
3. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
(a) He threatens Hector with a pistol.
(b) He threatens Valerie with a pistol.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He beats Hector up.
4. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
(a) Valerie Marneffe.
(b) Celestine Crevel.
(c) Adeline Hulot.
(d) Hortense Hulot.
5. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
(a) She reminds her that Wenceslas has never lied to her before.
(b) She assures her that Valerie Marneffe is a decent woman.
(c) She confesses Hector's infidelities.
(d) She tells her that all men are animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
2. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
3. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
4. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
5. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)