|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Combing his hair.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Looking at himself in a mirror.
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A purple heart.
(b) A silver star.
(c) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
(d) A gold cross.
3. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A letter.
(d) A hat.
4. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
5. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
2. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
3. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
4. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)