|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Monsieur Coquet.
(b) Monsieur Stidman.
(c) Madame Crevel.
(d) Wenceslas Steinbock.
2. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
(a) He is angry with Wenceslas.
(b) He is attracted to Hortense.
(c) He does not like Hortense.
(d) He does not like Bette.
3. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
(d) Baron Hulot.
4. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
(b) The War Ministry.
(c) The bank.
(d) His studio.
5. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
(a) Celestine Crevel.
(b) Hortense Hulot.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Adeline Hulot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
2. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
3. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
4. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
5. What does Baron Hulot agree to provide for Valerie Marneffe's second child?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)