|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(b) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(c) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
(d) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
2. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
(a) A pregnancy.
(b) A lover.
(c) News articles criticizing his work.
(d) Money that she borrowed from her mother.
3. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Monsieur Coquet.
(b) Madame Crevel.
(c) Monsieur Stidman.
(d) Wenceslas Steinbock.
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not worry his friends.
(b) To not anger her moneylender.
(c) To protect his reputation.
(d) To not make the authorities suspicious.
5. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
2. What does Baron Hulot agree to provide for Valerie Marneffe's second child?
3. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
4. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
5. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)