|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
(a) Money from Algeria.
(b) A letter from Johann Fischer.
(c) A new uniform.
(d) News from the Prince of Wissembourg.
2. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(d) Jenny Cadine.
3. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A cashmere shawl.
(d) A diamond necklace.
4. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Cousin Bette.
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(d) Monsieur Hulot's son.
5. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
(a) An opera.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) Fine jewelry.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
2. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
3. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
5. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)