|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
(a) He threatens Valerie with a pistol.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He threatens Hector with a pistol.
(d) He beats Hector up.
2. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Ten years.
3. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Madame Crevel.
(b) Monsieur Stidman.
(c) Wenceslas Steinbock.
(d) Monsieur Coquet.
4. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
(a) His wife is dying.
(b) His son is dying.
(c) His son is ill.
(d) His wife is in trouble.
5. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) Monsieur Coquet's.
(b) Marshal Hulot's.
(c) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
(d) The Duc d'Herounville's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
2. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
3. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
4. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
5. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)