|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A new carriage.
(c) Three thousand francs per year.
(d) Six thousand francs per year.
2. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
(a) A sculpture of Samson and Delilah.
(b) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(c) A statue of Marshal Hulot.
(d) A silver group depicting deer.
3. What does Baron Hulot agree to provide for Valerie Marneffe's second child?
(a) A job in government service when he reaches adulthood.
(b) The Hulot family name.
(c) A place to live.
(d) Twelve hundred francs per year.
4. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She admires his talent.
(b) She wants to seduce him.
(c) She is awed by his fame.
(d) She wants to humiliate him.
5. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
(b) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(c) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(d) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
3. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
4. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
5. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)