|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Imitation of Christ.
(c) The Sorrows of Young Werther.
(d) The Holy Bible.
2. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
(a) A lover.
(b) News articles criticizing his work.
(c) A pregnancy.
(d) Money that she borrowed from her mother.
3. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
(a) Hortense Hulot.
(b) Adeline Hulot.
(c) Celestine Crevel.
(d) Valerie Marneffe.
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Three years.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
5. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The closet.
(b) The mode of transportation.
(c) The table.
(d) The neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
2. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
3. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
4. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
5. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)