|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her son for a loan.
(b) Become his mistress.
(c) Become a seamstress.
(d) Ask her cousin for a loan.
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have medical expenses.
(b) They have no source of income.
(c) They are behind on their rent payments.
(d) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
3. With whom does Wenceslas claim to be dining while he is at Valerie Marneffe's house?
(a) Hulot and Crevel.
(b) Vignon and Vauvinet.
(c) Stidman and Wissembourg.
(d) Chanor and Florent.
4. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) The empire collapses.
(b) She goes bankrupt.
(c) She becomes gravely ill.
(d) She accepts a marriage proposal.
5. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
(b) The Duc d'Herounville's.
(c) Monsieur Coquet's.
(d) Marshal Hulot's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
2. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
3. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
4. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
5. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)