|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
(a) Valerie and Crevel are having an argument in her room.
(b) Valerie and Lisbeth are scheming to have the Marshal propose marriage to Bette.
(c) Guests are playing games in Valerie Marneffe's drawing-room.
(d) Valerie and Baron Hulot are sitting down to dinner.
2. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Talking to himself.
(c) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(d) Combing his hair.
3. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(b) They are behind on their rent payments.
(c) They have no source of income.
(d) They have medical expenses.
4. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
(a) The Sorrows of Young Werther.
(b) The Holy Bible.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Imitation of Christ.
5. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(c) Opera singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
2. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
4. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
5. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)