|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
2. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
(a) He is angry with Wenceslas.
(b) He is attracted to Hortense.
(c) He does not like Hortense.
(d) He does not like Bette.
3. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have no source of income.
(b) They are behind on their rent payments.
(c) They have medical expenses.
(d) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
4. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The neighborhood.
(b) The table.
(c) The closet.
(d) The mode of transportation.
5. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
(a) She is canceling her order.
(b) She is moving into a new house.
(c) She is hosting a party.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
2. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
3. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
4. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
5. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)