|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(b) They are behind on their rent payments.
(c) They have no source of income.
(d) They have medical expenses.
2. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
3. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
4. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
(a) She tells Hortense to pawn all of her valuables.
(b) She counsels Hortense to ask Adeline for money.
(c) She advises Hortense to sell her diamonds.
(d) She suggests they help her arrange a marriage to Marshal Hulot.
5. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
(a) Taken Stidman as a lover.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Taken Crevel as a lover.
(d) Killed herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
2. Who gives money to Adeline's cook so that she may provide a meal for the family?
3. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
5. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)