|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) The Duc d'Herouville.
(c) The Comte of Montcornet.
(d) The Baron.
2. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She admires his talent.
(b) She wants to humiliate him.
(c) She wants to seduce him.
(d) She is awed by his fame.
3. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) Her family disowned her.
(c) She is an illegitimate child.
(d) She is a gambler.
4. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) A letter.
(c) A court document.
(d) A personal visit.
5. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The end of the monarchy.
(b) The Glorious Revolution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The end of the empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
2. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
3. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
4. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)