|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) A clock for the prince.
(b) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(c) A statue of Napoleon.
(d) A group for Monsieur Crevel.
2. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(b) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(c) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(d) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
3. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(b) Monsieur Marneffe.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Baron.
4. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
(a) A letter from Johann Fischer.
(b) A new uniform.
(c) Money from Algeria.
(d) News from the Prince of Wissembourg.
5. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is the name of his first love.
(b) It is his mother's maiden name.
(c) It is the site of a famous battle.
(d) It is his birthplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
2. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
3. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
4. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
5. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)