|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The servants.
(b) The children.
(c) The pets.
(d) The young men.
2. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(a) A broken heart.
3. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A letter.
(d) A hat.
4. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(b) Monsieur Crevel.
(c) Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
2. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
3. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
4. What does Baron Hulot agree to provide for Valerie Marneffe's second child?
5. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)