|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have medical expenses.
(b) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(c) They have no source of income.
(d) They are behind on their rent payments.
3. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) Marshal Hulot's.
(b) Monsieur Coquet's.
(c) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
(d) The Duc d'Herounville's.
4. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
(a) Stidman's house.
(b) Celestin Crevel's house.
(c) His studio.
(d) Valerie Marneffe's house.
5. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He shaves off his beard.
(b) He stops wearing his military uniform.
(c) He loses weight.
(d) He stops dying his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
2. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
3. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
4. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
5. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)