|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Crevel is seven years younger.
(b) Crevel is ten years younger.
(c) Hulot is seven years younger.
(d) Hulot is ten years younger.
2. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
3. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(b) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(c) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(d) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
4. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
(a) Kill Wenceslas.
(b) Take Stidman as a lover.
(c) Pack her things and move in with her mother.
(d) Kill herself.
5. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
2. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
3. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
4. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
5. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)