|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
(a) A statue.
(b) A house.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A necklace.
2. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A cashmere shawl.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A medal of honor.
(d) A diamond necklace.
3. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Rich Fool.
(b) The Prodigal Father.
(c) The Bad Samaritan.
(d) The Friend at Night.
4. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He stops dying his hair.
(b) He loses weight.
(c) He shaves off his beard.
(d) He stops wearing his military uniform.
5. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
(a) A child.
(b) Fine jewelry.
(c) An opera.
(d) A book of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
2. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
3. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
4. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
5. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)