|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(b) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(c) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(d) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
2. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Comte of Clichy.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
3. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
4. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) The Comte of Montcornet.
(c) The Duc d'Herouville.
(d) The Baron.
5. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(d) A broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
2. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
3. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
4. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
5. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)