|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
(a) A toothache.
(d) A migraine.
2. When Wenceslas returns home and is confronted by Hortnese, whom does he claim has lent him ten thousand francs?
(b) León de Lora.
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(a) The Baron.
4. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) The Comte of Clichy.
(b) The Baron.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
5. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She has an aptitude for work.
(b) She cannot read nor write.
(c) She wants to meet a husband.
(d) She is poor and unprotected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
3. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
4. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
5. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)