|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Monsieur Stidman.
(b) Monsieur Coquet.
(c) Madame Crevel.
(d) Wenceslas Steinbock.
2. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is the German word for light.
(b) It is the name of a German town.
(c) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
(d) It is the name of a town in Israel.
3. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Professor of philosophy.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Theatre actor.
(d) Doctor of social medicine.
4. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) The Comte of Montcornet.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Comte of Clichy.
5. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(b) The Baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
2. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
3. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
4. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
5. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)