|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A thoroughbred horse.
(b) A pig.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) A fox.
2. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They work in the same building.
(b) They live in the same building.
(c) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) They attend the same church.
3. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That it be the only copy in existence.
(b) That it be signed by the sculptor.
(c) That Valerie serve as model.
(d) That it be completed before Christmas.
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Three years.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
5. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
(b) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
(c) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(d) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
2. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
3. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
4. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
5. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)