|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(d) A broken heart.
2. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(a) Monsieur Marneffe.
(b) The Baron.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
3. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) The Duc d'Herouville.
(b) Monsieur Crevel.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
4. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
5. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
(a) A pregnancy.
(b) A lover.
(c) Money that she borrowed from her mother.
(d) News articles criticizing his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
2. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
3. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
4. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
5. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)