|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
(a) The testimony of a witness.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A confession.
(d) A letter from Valerie.
2. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
(a) A thousand crowns.
(b) Three thousand sous.
(c) Ten thousand francs.
(d) Fifteen hundred pounds.
3. Where does the Baroness come from?
4. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
(a) A statue of Marshal Hulot.
(b) A silver group depicting deer.
(c) A sculpture of Samson and Delilah.
(d) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
5. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their children.
(b) Through their parents.
(c) Through their military service.
(d) Through their mistresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the novel take place?
2. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
3. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
4. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
5. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)