|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Two hundred thousand livres.
(b) Forty thousand francs.
(c) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(d) Five thousand pounds.
2. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They work in the same building.
(b) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(c) They live in the same building.
(d) They attend the same church.
3. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is poorly dressed.
(b) She is unmarried.
(c) She is handicapped.
(d) She is an orphan.
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen days.
5. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Honoré de Balzac.
(b) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(c) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Emile Zola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
2. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
3. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
4. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
5. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)