|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
2. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Doctor of social medicine.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Professor of philosophy.
(d) Theatre actor.
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A court document.
(b) Word of mouth.
(c) A personal visit.
(d) A letter.
4. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an illegitimate child.
(b) She is a gambler.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) Her family disowned her.
5. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The end of the empire.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Glorious Revolution.
(d) The end of the monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
2. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
3. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
4. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
5. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)