|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
2. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(b) They attend the same church.
(c) They live in the same building.
(d) They work in the same building.
3. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Emile Zola.
(b) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(c) Gustave Flaubert.
(d) Honoré de Balzac.
4. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(b) Two hundred thousand livres.
(c) Five thousand pounds.
(d) Forty thousand francs.
5. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(b) Talking to himself.
(c) Combing his hair.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
2. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
3. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
5. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)