|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A thoroughbred horse.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) A fox.
(d) A pig.
2. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her son for a loan.
(b) Become his mistress.
(c) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(d) Become a seamstress.
3. Where does the Baroness come from?
4. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(b) Two hundred thousand livres.
(c) Forty thousand francs.
(d) Five thousand pounds.
5. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their children.
(b) Through their mistresses.
(c) Through their military service.
(d) Through their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
3. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
4. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
5. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)