|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not worry his friends.
(b) To not anger her moneylender.
(c) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(d) To protect his reputation.
2. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(b) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
(c) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(d) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
3. Where does the Baroness come from?
4. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is the name of a town in Israel.
(b) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
(c) It is the name of a German town.
(d) It is the German word for light.
5. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They are behind on their rent payments.
(b) They have medical expenses.
(c) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(d) They have no source of income.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
2. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
3. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
4. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)