|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Emile Zola.
(c) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(d) Honoré de Balzac.
2. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is his birthplace.
(b) It is his mother's maiden name.
(c) It is the site of a famous battle.
(d) It is the name of his first love.
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(d) The Baron.
4. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The children.
(b) The servants.
(c) The pets.
(d) The young men.
5. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Cousin Bette.
(d) Monsieur Hulot's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
2. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
3. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
4. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)