|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A nightingale.
(b) A fox.
(c) A pig.
(d) A thoroughbred horse.
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A silver star.
(b) A purple heart.
(c) A gold cross.
(d) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
3. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is an illegitimate child.
(c) Her family disowned her.
(d) She is a gambler.
4. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(b) Become his mistress.
(c) Become a seamstress.
(d) Ask her son for a loan.
5. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) A court document.
(c) A letter.
(d) A personal visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
2. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
3. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
4. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
5. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)