|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
(a) Cousin Bette.
(b) Monsieur Hulot.
(c) The Baroness.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
2. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
(a) He has been offered a commission by the Czar.
(b) He has received a letter from his wife summoning him.
(c) He has fled from his debts in France.
(d) He has political motivations for going there.
3. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
4. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
5. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A cashmere shawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
2. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
4. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
5. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)