|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The mode of transportation.
(b) The neighborhood.
(c) The table.
(d) The closet.
2. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) The Baroness.
(b) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(c) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(d) Cousin Bette.
3. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is unmarried.
(b) She is handicapped.
(c) She is poorly dressed.
(d) She is an orphan.
4. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
5. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
2. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
3. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
4. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
5. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)