|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
2. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Cousin Bette.
(d) Monsieur Hulot's son.
3. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Talking to himself.
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Reading a newspaper.
(d) Looking at himself in a mirror.
4. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
5. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To distance her from Hortense.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(d) To live in a more fashionable area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
2. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
3. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
4. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
5. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)