|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(b) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(c) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(d) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
2. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their mistresses.
(b) Through their military service.
(c) Through their children.
(d) Through their parents.
3. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) The empire collapses.
(b) She accepts a marriage proposal.
(c) She goes bankrupt.
(d) She becomes gravely ill.
4. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(a) Jenny Cadine.
5. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is poorly dressed.
(b) She is unmarried.
(c) She is handicapped.
(d) She is an orphan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
5. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)