|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
2. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) Monsieur Hulot.
(c) The Baroness.
(d) Cousin Bette.
3. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
4. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is poorly dressed.
(b) She is handicapped.
(c) She is unmarried.
(d) She is an orphan.
5. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A medal of honor.
(c) A cashmere shawl.
(d) A pearl necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
2. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
3. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
5. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)