|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Rich Fool.
(b) The Prodigal Father.
(c) The Bad Samaritan.
(d) The Friend at Night.
2. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) Monsieur Hulot.
(c) The Baroness.
(d) Cousin Bette.
3. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Three years.
4. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been serving his country.
(b) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(c) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(d) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
5. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) A lifetime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
3. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
4. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
5. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)