|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
2. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Crevel is ten years younger.
(b) Crevel is seven years younger.
(c) Hulot is seven years younger.
(d) Hulot is ten years younger.
3. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Combing his hair.
4. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The neighborhood.
(b) The table.
(c) The mode of transportation.
(d) The closet.
5. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is the name of a German town.
(b) It is the name of a town in Israel.
(c) It is the German word for light.
(d) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
3. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
4. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)