|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
(a) The Baroness.
(b) Monsieur Hulot.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) Cousin Bette.
2. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
3. Where does the Baroness come from?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
(a) He has political motivations for going there.
(b) He has fled from his debts in France.
(c) He has been offered a commission by the Czar.
(d) He has received a letter from his wife summoning him.
5. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
3. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
4. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
5. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)