|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not worry his friends.
(b) To protect his reputation.
(c) To not anger her moneylender.
(d) To not make the authorities suspicious.
2. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) A lifetime.
3. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A cashmere shawl.
4. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Talking to himself.
(c) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(d) Combing his hair.
5. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(d) Jenny Cadine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the novel take place?
2. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
5. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)