|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(b) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(c) He has been serving his country.
(d) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
2. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(c) Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) The Baron.
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(a) The Baron.
4. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(a) The Baroness.
(b) Madame Marneffe.
5. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She wants to meet a husband.
(b) She is poor and unprotected.
(c) She cannot read nor write.
(d) She has an aptitude for work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
2. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
3. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
4. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
5. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)