|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Prodigal Father.
(b) The Friend at Night.
(c) The Rich Fool.
(d) The Bad Samaritan.
2. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The table.
(b) The neighborhood.
(c) The closet.
(d) The mode of transportation.
3. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) The Baroness.
(b) Cousin Bette.
(c) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(d) Mademoiselle Hortense.
4. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their military service.
(b) Through their parents.
(c) Through their mistresses.
(d) Through their children.
5. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
2. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
3. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)