|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(b) He has been serving his country.
(c) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(d) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
2. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
(a) He has fled from his debts in France.
(b) He has received a letter from his wife summoning him.
(c) He has political motivations for going there.
(d) He has been offered a commission by the Czar.
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Looking at himself in a mirror.
5. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
2. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
3. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
4. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
5. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)