|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A feathered hat.
(b) A parasol.
(c) A yellow cashmere shawl.
(d) A diamond necklace.
2. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) Doing nothing.
(b) A supreme court justice.
(c) A general in the Army.
(d) A government minister.
3. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) The Baron.
(b) Monsieur Crevel.
(c) The Comte of Clichy.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
4. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A court document.
(b) Word of mouth.
(c) A letter.
(d) A personal visit.
5. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A silver star.
(b) A gold cross.
(c) A purple heart.
(d) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
2. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
3. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
4. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
5. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)