|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) The Comte of Montcornet.
(b) The Comte of Clichy.
(c) The Baron.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
2. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eighteen months.
3. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(b) Monsieur Marneffe.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Baron.
4. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A fox.
(b) A thoroughbred horse.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) A pig.
5. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(b) Jenny Cadine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
2. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
3. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
4. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
5. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)