|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They attend the same church.
(b) They live in the same building.
(c) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) They work in the same building.
2. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) The empire collapses.
(b) She goes bankrupt.
(c) She accepts a marriage proposal.
(d) She becomes gravely ill.
3. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(b) To distance her from Hortense.
(c) To live in a more fashionable area.
(d) To be closer to the family.
5. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A nightingale.
(b) A fox.
(c) A thoroughbred horse.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
2. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
3. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
4. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
5. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)