|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(b) Honoré de Balzac.
(c) Emile Zola.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
2. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) A lifetime.
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) A letter.
(c) A personal visit.
(d) A court document.
4. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Duc d'Herouville.
(c) The Comte of Montcornet.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
5. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
(b) Fruit and sweets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
2. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
3. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
4. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)