|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Looking at himself in a mirror.
2. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
3. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
4. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She is poor and unprotected.
(b) She wants to meet a husband.
(c) She has an aptitude for work.
(d) She cannot read nor write.
5. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They work in the same building.
(b) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(c) They live in the same building.
(d) They attend the same church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
2. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
3. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
5. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)