|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
2. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(b) Become a seamstress.
(c) Become his mistress.
(d) Ask her son for a loan.
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) A letter.
(c) A court document.
(d) A personal visit.
4. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
5. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A nightingale.
(b) A thoroughbred horse.
(c) A fox.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
2. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
3. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
4. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
5. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)