|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) The Baroness.
(c) Madame Marneffe.
(d) Celestine Crevel.
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have medical expenses.
(b) They are behind on their rent payments.
(c) They have no source of income.
(d) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
3. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
(d) Fruit and sweets.
4. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They attend the same church.
(b) They live in the same building.
(c) They work in the same building.
(d) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
5. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(b) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
(c) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(d) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
2. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
3. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
4. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
5. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)