|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Professor of philosophy.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Theatre actor.
(d) Doctor of social medicine.
2. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(a) Madame Marneffe.
(c) The Baroness.
3. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) The Duc d'Herouville.
(b) The Baron.
(c) The Comte of Montcornet.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
4. Where does the Baroness come from?
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(b) To not worry his friends.
(c) To protect his reputation.
(d) To not anger her moneylender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
2. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
5. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)