|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(b) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(c) Cousin Bette.
(d) The Baroness.
2. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(b) They work in the same building.
(c) They attend the same church.
(d) They live in the same building.
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(d) The Baron.
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To live in a more fashionable area.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(d) To distance her from Hortense.
5. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A court document.
(b) A letter.
(c) Word of mouth.
(d) A personal visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
2. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
3. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
4. Where does the Baroness come from?
5. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)