|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(b) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(c) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(d) He has been serving his country.
2. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Madame Marneffe.
(d) Celestine Crevel.
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To distance her from Hortense.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To live in a more fashionable area.
(d) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
5. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is poorly dressed.
(c) She is unmarried.
(d) She is handicapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
2. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
4. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
5. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)