|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Theatre actor.
(b) Doctor of social medicine.
(c) Professor of philosophy.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
2. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(d) Opera singer.
3. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
4. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(b) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(c) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(d) He has been serving his country.
5. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Bad Samaritan.
(b) The Rich Fool.
(c) The Friend at Night.
(d) The Prodigal Father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
2. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
3. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
4. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
5. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)