|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
2. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
(b) It is the German word for light.
(c) It is the name of a town in Israel.
(d) It is the name of a German town.
3. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A purple heart.
(b) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
(c) A silver star.
(d) A gold cross.
4. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(b) They are behind on their rent payments.
(c) They have no source of income.
(d) They have medical expenses.
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
2. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
3. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
4. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
5. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)