|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A parasol.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A yellow cashmere shawl.
(d) A feathered hat.
2. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Theatre actor.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Doctor of social medicine.
(d) Professor of philosophy.
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) A letter.
(c) A personal visit.
(d) A court document.
4. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their parents.
(b) Through their mistresses.
(c) Through their military service.
(d) Through their children.
5. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Emile Zola.
(b) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(c) Honoré de Balzac.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
2. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
3. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
4. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)