|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The table.
(b) The closet.
(c) The mode of transportation.
(d) The neighborhood.
2. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) A clock for the prince.
(b) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(c) A group for Monsieur Crevel.
(d) A statue of Napoleon.
3. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
(b) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(c) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(d) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
4. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) The empire collapses.
(b) She accepts a marriage proposal.
(c) She goes bankrupt.
(d) She becomes gravely ill.
5. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
2. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
3. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
4. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)