|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
2. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To be closer to the family.
(b) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(c) To distance her from Hortense.
(d) To live in a more fashionable area.
3. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To protect his reputation.
(b) To not anger her moneylender.
(c) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(d) To not worry his friends.
4. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(b) Jenny Cadine.
5. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The glassblowers of the local village.
(b) The dressmakers to the high society.
(c) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(d) The typesetters of the daily news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
2. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
3. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
4. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
5. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)