|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Doctor of social medicine.
(b) Theatre actor.
(c) Professor of philosophy.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
2. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Forty thousand francs.
(b) Five thousand pounds.
(c) Two hundred thousand livres.
(d) Thirty thousand pesetas.
3. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
(a) He has political motivations for going there.
(b) He has fled from his debts in France.
(c) He has been offered a commission by the Czar.
(d) He has received a letter from his wife summoning him.
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
2. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
3. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
4. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
5. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)