|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(b) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(c) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(d) He has been serving his country.
2. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
3. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They work in the same building.
(b) They attend the same church.
(c) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
(d) They live in the same building.
4. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
2. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
3. What year does the novel take place?
4. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
5. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)