|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Theatre actor.
(c) Professor of philosophy.
(d) Doctor of social medicine.
2. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) The Comte of Montcornet.
(b) The Duc d'Herouville.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Baron.
3. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
(b) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(c) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(d) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(c) A broken heart.
5. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They are behind on their rent payments.
(b) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(c) They have no source of income.
(d) They have medical expenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
2. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
3. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
4. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
5. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)