|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Two years.
2. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Rich Fool.
(b) The Prodigal Father.
(c) The Bad Samaritan.
(d) The Friend at Night.
3. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is handicapped.
(c) She is unmarried.
(d) She is poorly dressed.
4. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Cousin Bette.
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(d) Mademoiselle Hortense.
5. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Baroness come from?
2. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
3. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
5. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)