|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is his birthplace.
(b) It is the name of his first love.
(c) It is his mother's maiden name.
(d) It is the site of a famous battle.
3. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They work in the same building.
(b) They live in the same building.
(c) They attend the same church.
(d) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
4. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(b) The typesetters of the daily news.
(c) The glassblowers of the local village.
(d) The dressmakers to the high society.
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
2. What year does the novel take place?
3. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
4. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
5. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)