|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
(a) He has received a letter from his wife summoning him.
(b) He has been offered a commission by the Czar.
(c) He has fled from his debts in France.
(d) He has political motivations for going there.
2. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) The Baron.
(c) The Comte of Clichy.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(a) The Baron.
4. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
(a) Fruit and sweets.
5. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) Her family disowned her.
(b) She is a gambler.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) She is an illegitimate child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
2. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
3. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
4. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
5. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)