|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is poorly dressed.
(b) She is an orphan.
(c) She is handicapped.
(d) She is unmarried.
2. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(b) A broken heart.
3. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
(a) He has received a letter from his wife summoning him.
(b) He has fled from his debts in France.
(c) He has political motivations for going there.
(d) He has been offered a commission by the Czar.
4. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
(b) A gold cross.
(c) A purple heart.
(d) A silver star.
5. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(a) Opera singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
2. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
3. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
4. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
5. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)