|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) The Comte of Montcornet.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Comte of Clichy.
2. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(b) Become his mistress.
(c) Ask her son for a loan.
(d) Become a seamstress.
3. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A pig.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) A fox.
(d) A thoroughbred horse.
4. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have medical expenses.
(b) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(c) They have no source of income.
(d) They are behind on their rent payments.
5. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They live in the same building.
(b) They work in the same building.
(c) They attend the same church.
(d) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
2. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
3. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
4. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
5. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)