|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(a) Jenny Cadine.
2. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) Marshal Hulot's.
(b) Monsieur Coquet's.
(c) The Duc d'Herounville's.
(d) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
3. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
4. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Monsieur Coquet.
(b) Wenceslas Steinbock.
(c) Madame Crevel.
(d) Monsieur Stidman.
5. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
(a) Imitation of Christ.
(b) The Sorrows of Young Werther.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
2. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
3. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
4. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
5. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)