|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wenceslas returns home and is confronted by Hortnese, whom does he claim has lent him ten thousand francs?
(a) León de Lora.
2. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) She becomes gravely ill.
(b) She accepts a marriage proposal.
(c) She goes bankrupt.
(d) The empire collapses.
3. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their children.
(b) Through their military service.
(c) Through their parents.
(d) Through their mistresses.
4. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
(a) Valerie and Baron Hulot are sitting down to dinner.
(b) Valerie and Crevel are having an argument in her room.
(c) Valerie and Lisbeth are scheming to have the Marshal propose marriage to Bette.
(d) Guests are playing games in Valerie Marneffe's drawing-room.
5. What type of a business does the Duc D'Heuronville pay to have the Baron set up in Olympe Bijou's name?
(a) A school.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
2. Whom does Adeline encounter while in the midst of doing her charity work?
3. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
4. What does Johann Fischer ask Baron Hulot to send to him in order to avoid the disgrace of a court martial?
5. Who brings news of Valerie and Celestin Crevel's fatal illness?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)