|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
(a) Kill Wenceslas.
(b) Take Stidman as a lover.
(c) Pack her things and move in with her mother.
(d) Kill herself.
2. After her apparent break with Valerie Marneffe, what event makes Lisbeth extremely happy?
(a) The financial troubles of Victorin Hulot.
(b) The publication of her first marriage banns to Marshal Hulot.
(c) The dissolution of Adeline's marriage.
(d) The failing health of Baron Hulot.
3. What position does the Prince of Wissembourg procure for Adeline?
(a) Superintendent of Charities.
(b) Justice of the Peace.
(c) Minister of War.
(d) Chief of Philanthropy.
4. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
5. With whom does Wenceslas claim to be dining while he is at Valerie Marneffe's house?
(a) Hulot and Crevel.
(b) Vignon and Vauvinet.
(c) Chanor and Florent.
(d) Stidman and Wissembourg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What professional position is Hector Hulot exercising while he is living with Atala Judici?
2. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
3. What type of a business does the Duc D'Heuronville pay to have the Baron set up in Olympe Bijou's name?
4. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)