|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) Marshal Hulot's.
(b) The Duc d'Herounville's.
(c) Monsieur Coquet's.
(d) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
2. What professional position is Hector Hulot exercising while he is living with Atala Judici?
(a) Justice of the Peace.
(b) Public Letter-Writer.
(c) Police Chief.
(d) Law Clerk.
3. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
4. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She has an aptitude for work.
(b) She is poor and unprotected.
(c) She wants to meet a husband.
(d) She cannot read nor write.
5. What does the Prince of Wissembourg advise Baron Hulot to try to do in order to save his honor?
(a) Divorce Adeline.
(b) Repay the State.
(c) Die of a stroke.
(d) Leave Valerie Marneffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
2. What object from Valerie does Lisbeth give to the Baron after he is turned away at her door by Monsieur Marneffe?
3. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
4. What name is Hector Hulot using while he is living with Atala Judici?
5. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)