|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Combing his hair.
2. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
(a) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(b) A statue of Marshal Hulot.
(c) A sculpture of Samson and Delilah.
(d) A silver group depicting deer.
3. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
4. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
(b) The War Ministry.
(c) The bank.
(d) His studio.
5. How long elapses between the death of Marneffe and Valerie and Crevel's marriage?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Eighteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her apparent break with Valerie Marneffe, what event makes Lisbeth extremely happy?
2. Whom does the Prince of Wissembourg call into his office and accuse of ruining Hector Hulot?
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
5. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)