|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(c) Madame Marneffe.
(d) The Baroness.
2. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
(a) Samson and Delilah.
(b) Moses and Aaron.
(c) David and Goliath.
(d) Cain and Abel.
3. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) Valerie Marneffe.
(b) The Duc d´Hérouville.
(c) Marshal Hulot.
(d) Celestin Crevel.
4. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(b) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(c) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
(d) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
5. What does Johann Fischer ask Baron Hulot to send to him in order to avoid the disgrace of a court martial?
(a) Two hundred thousand francs.
(b) A copy of his military orders.
(c) A dossier proving his innocence.
(d) A copy of his birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
2. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
3. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
4. What does Lisbeth Fischer die of?
5. What becomes of Johann Fischer's accomplice in the embezzlement scheme?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)