|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hector tell Adeline he is going when he in fact is going to visit Valerie in the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) To work with the Minister at Saint-Cloud.
(b) To visit Victorin and Celestine.
(c) To dine with the Prince de Wissembourg.
(d) To Wenceslas' studio.
2. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) The Baroness.
(c) Celestine Crevel.
(d) Madame Marneffe.
3. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
(a) He has received a letter from his wife summoning him.
(b) He has been offered a commission by the Czar.
(c) He has political motivations for going there.
(d) He has fled from his debts in France.
5. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
(a) She assures her that Valerie Marneffe is a decent woman.
(b) She tells her that all men are animals.
(c) She reminds her that Wenceslas has never lied to her before.
(d) She confesses Hector's infidelities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
2. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
3. In what art is Adeline unpracticed, as is evidenced by her inadequate preparation for her second meeting with Monsieur Crevel?
4. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
5. Who interrupts Hector and Valerie's love affair on the Rue du Dauphin?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)