|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does the Prince of Wissembourg procure for Adeline?
(a) Chief of Philanthropy.
(b) Minister of War.
(c) Superintendent of Charities.
(d) Justice of the Peace.
2. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
(a) Three thousand sous.
(b) A thousand crowns.
(c) Fifteen hundred pounds.
(d) Ten thousand francs.
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A personal visit.
(b) Word of mouth.
(c) A court document.
(d) A letter.
4. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She is poor and unprotected.
(b) She cannot read nor write.
(c) She wants to meet a husband.
(d) She has an aptitude for work.
5. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
(a) Money that she borrowed from her mother.
(b) News articles criticizing his work.
(c) A pregnancy.
(d) A lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Madame Nourisson use to tempt the Baron Montes de Montejanos?
2. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
3. Who informs Hector that Valerie Marneffe conspired with her husband to blackmail him?
4. Upon learning of his deception at the hands of Valerie, in whom does Hector confide first?
5. How old is Olympe Bijou, the Baron's new mistress?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)