|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
(a) A new carriage.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) Six thousand francs per year.
(d) Three thousand francs per year.
2. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen days.
3. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A feathered hat.
(c) A yellow cashmere shawl.
(d) A parasol.
4. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
(b) Eleven o'clock in the evening.
(c) One o'clock in the morning.
(d) Three o'clock in the morning.
5. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object from Valerie does Lisbeth give to the Baron after he is turned away at her door by Monsieur Marneffe?
2. What becomes of Johann Fischer's accomplice in the embezzlement scheme?
3. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
4. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
5. Where does Hector tell Adeline he is going when he in fact is going to visit Valerie in the Rue du Dauphin?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)