|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
(a) Lisbeth and Hulot.
(b) Montejanos and Steinbock.
(c) Montejanos and Lisbeth.
(d) Hulot and Steinbock.
2. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To protect his reputation.
(b) To not anger her moneylender.
(c) To not worry his friends.
(d) To not make the authorities suspicious.
3. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
(a) The end of his friendship with Wenceslas.
(b) The end of his relationship with Madame Schontz.
(c) His need for a loan.
(d) His need for a job.
4. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(b) Madame Marneffe.
(c) Celestine Crevel.
(d) The Baroness.
5. What event ruins all of Lisbeth's hopes for the future?
(a) Marshal Hulot's death.
(b) Valerie Marneffe's divorce.
(c) Hortense Hulot's divorce.
(d) Baron Hulot's resignation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
2. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
3. How does the Baron find out about his brother's death?
4. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
5. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)