|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
2. What does Lisbeth Fischer die of?
(b) A broken heart.
3. What does Victorin contribute to help his father get out of debt?
(a) He mortgages his house.
(b) He asks Valerie Marneffe for a loan.
(c) He sells his furniture.
(d) He hands over his retirement funds.
4. Where does the Baroness come from?
5. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A letter.
(b) A court document.
(c) Word of mouth.
(d) A personal visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
2. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
3. What does the Prince of Wissembourg do with the 200,000 francs that Marshal Hulot gave him in repayment for his brother's embezzlement from the state?
4. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
5. Whom does Adeline turn to for help in saving her uncle, Johann Fischer?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)