|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Hector that Valerie Marneffe conspired with her husband to blackmail him?
(b) The police officer.
(c) The justice of the peace.
2. What type of a business does the Duc D'Heuronville pay to have the Baron set up in Olympe Bijou's name?
(a) A restaurant.
(c) A school.
(d) A bakery.
3. Who makes an unexpected visit to Victorin and Celestine?
(b) Valerie Marneffe.
(c) The Prince of Wissembourg.
(d) Hector Hulot.
4. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A personal visit.
(b) A court document.
(c) A letter.
(d) Word of mouth.
5. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) The Comte of Clichy.
(b) The Baron.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johann Fischer ask Baron Hulot to send to him in order to avoid the disgrace of a court martial?
2. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
3. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
4. What does Baron Hulot do after learning of his brother's death?
5. Why does Marnefffe claim that if he goes to police court, he will be worse than a murderer?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)