|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Adeline turn to for help in saving her uncle, Johann Fischer?
(a) The Prince of Wissembourg.
(b) Marshal Hulot.
(d) Valerie Marneffe.
2. A letter from which continent sets off a chain of events that will ruin Lisbeth's happiness?
3. What does the Prince of Wissembourg do with the 200,000 francs that Marshal Hulot gave him in repayment for his brother's embezzlement from the state?
(a) He sends it to Algiers.
(b) He hires a minister to replace the Baron.
(c) He loans it to Adeline Hulot.
(d) He gives it to Victorin Hulot.
4. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The children.
(b) The young men.
(c) The pets.
(d) The servants.
5. What proof of the affair between Valerie and Hector Hulot is in the possession of Monsieur Marneffe?
(c) Diary entries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
2. What does Baron Hulot do after learning of his brother's death?
3. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
4. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
5. Who informs Hector that Valerie Marneffe conspired with her husband to blackmail him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)