|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marnefffe claim that if he goes to police court, he will be worse than a murderer?
(a) Because his family will no longer accept him.
(b) Because Valerie will go insane.
(c) Because Marshal Hulot will die of shame.
(d) Because Adeline will die of shame.
2. Who has become Baron Hulot's protector?
(a) The Prince of Wissembourg.
3. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Crevel is ten years younger.
(b) Hulot is seven years younger.
(c) Hulot is ten years younger.
(d) Crevel is seven years younger.
4. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
5. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She is awed by his fame.
(b) She wants to seduce him.
(c) She admires his talent.
(d) She wants to humiliate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
2. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
3. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
4. What affliction that never leaves her strikes Adeline during her second meeting with Crevel?
5. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)