|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her apparent break with Valerie Marneffe, what event makes Lisbeth extremely happy?
(a) The dissolution of Adeline's marriage.
(b) The failing health of Baron Hulot.
(c) The publication of her first marriage banns to Marshal Hulot.
(d) The financial troubles of Victorin Hulot.
2. How does the Baron find out about his brother's death?
(a) He is told by Adeline.
(b) He sees that Lisbeth is dressed in mourning.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) He receives a letter from Victorin.
3. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
(a) Stidman's house.
(b) Valerie Marneffe's house.
(c) His studio.
(d) Celestin Crevel's house.
4. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
5. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
2. What is Vauvinet's profession?
3. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
4. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
5. After leaving Olympe Bijou, with whom does Baron Hulot live?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)