|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Adeline discover Hector having an illicit affair, just days before her death?
(a) Josepha Mariah, the singer.
(b) Olympe Bijou, the sewing girl.
(c) Jenny Cadine, the actress.
(d) Agatha Piquetard, the kitchen maid.
2. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
(b) A toothache.
(d) A migraine.
3. What name is Hector Hulot using while he is living with Atala Judici?
(a) Pere Vyder.
(b) Pere Goriot.
(c) Pere Thorec.
(d) Pere Thoul.
4. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is his birthplace.
(b) It is the name of his first love.
(c) It is his mother's maiden name.
(d) It is the site of a famous battle.
5. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
2. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
3. After her apparent break with Valerie Marneffe, what event makes Lisbeth extremely happy?
4. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
5. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)