|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
(a) Stidman's house.
(b) Celestin Crevel's house.
(c) Valerie Marneffe's house.
(d) His studio.
2. On what condition does Adeline take Baron Hulot home from Marshal Hulot's house?
(a) That the Baron promise to pay back the 200,000 francs.
(b) That the Baron promise to leave the country.
(c) That the Baron leave Valerie Marneffe forever.
(d) That the Baron never be in the Marshal's presence again.
3. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
(a) She suggests they help her arrange a marriage to Marshal Hulot.
(b) She counsels Hortense to ask Adeline for money.
(c) She advises Hortense to sell her diamonds.
(d) She tells Hortense to pawn all of her valuables.
4. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) A letter.
(c) A personal visit.
(d) A court document.
5. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
(a) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(b) A silver group depicting deer.
(c) A sculpture of Samson and Delilah.
(d) A statue of Marshal Hulot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
2. What does Johann Fischer plan to do in the event that Baron Hulot cannot help him out of his predicament?
3. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
4. What does Lisbeth Fischer die of?
5. A letter from which continent sets off a chain of events that will ruin Lisbeth's happiness?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)