|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The end of the monarchy.
(c) The Glorious Revolution.
(d) The end of the empire.
2. What name is Hector Hulot using while he is living with Atala Judici?
(a) Pere Thoul.
(b) Pere Vyder.
(c) Pere Thorec.
(d) Pere Goriot.
3. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
(a) His need for a loan.
(b) His need for a job.
(c) The end of his friendship with Wenceslas.
(d) The end of his relationship with Madame Schontz.
4. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
(a) Three o'clock in the morning.
(b) One o'clock in the morning.
(c) Eleven o'clock in the evening.
5. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
(b) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(c) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(d) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "medicine" does Marshal Hulot prescribe for Hector after his disgrace and resignation?
2. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
3. Who brings news of Valerie and Celestin Crevel's fatal illness?
4. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
5. Who interrupts Hector and Valerie's love affair on the Rue du Dauphin?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)