|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Forty thousand francs.
(b) Five thousand pounds.
(c) Two hundred thousand livres.
(d) Thirty thousand pesetas.
2. Who does Victorin Hulot hire to help him resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe and Celestin Crevel?
(a) Lisbeth Fischer.
(b) The military police.
(c) Madame Saint-Esteve.
(d) The Prince of Wissembourg.
3. What affliction that never leaves her strikes Adeline during her second meeting with Crevel?
(b) A limp.
(c) Partial facial paralysis.
(d) A nervous tremor.
4. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
(a) The bank.
(b) The War Ministry.
(d) His studio.
5. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their children.
(b) Through their military service.
(c) Through their parents.
(d) Through their mistresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
2. On what condition does Adeline take Baron Hulot home from Marshal Hulot's house?
3. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
4. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
5. Which couple does the Baron Montes de Montejanos discover in a compromising position while accompanied by Madame Nourisson?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)