|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their children.
(b) Through their parents.
(c) Through their military service.
(d) Through their mistresses.
2. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(b) Madame Marneffe.
(c) The Baroness.
3. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
4. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an illegitimate child.
(b) She is an orphan.
(c) Her family disowned her.
(d) She is a gambler.
5. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Cousin Bette.
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(d) Monsieur Hulot's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
2. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
3. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
4. Where does the Baroness come from?
5. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)