|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
2. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is a gambler.
(b) She is an illegitimate child.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) Her family disowned her.
3. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
4. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(a) Monsieur Marneffe.
(b) The Baron.
(d) Monsieur Crevel.
5. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
2. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
3. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
4. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
5. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)