|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(b) He has been serving his country.
(c) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(d) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
2. Why is cousin Bette not accepted in society?
(a) She is poorly dressed.
(b) She is unmarried.
(c) She is handicapped.
(d) She is an orphan.
3. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
4. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A silver star.
(b) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
(c) A gold cross.
(d) A purple heart.
5. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Talking to himself.
(c) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(d) Combing his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
2. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
5. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)