|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A medal of honor.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A cashmere shawl.
2. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(a) Madame Marneffe.
(d) The Baroness.
3. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(b) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(c) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
(d) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
4. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is a gambler.
(c) She is an illegitimate child.
(d) Her family disowned her.
5. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
2. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
5. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)