|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Duc d'Herouville.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
2. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The end of the empire.
(b) The Glorious Revolution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The end of the monarchy.
3. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) A government minister.
(b) Doing nothing.
(c) A general in the Army.
(d) A supreme court justice.
4. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Talking to himself.
(b) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(c) Combing his hair.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
5. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) She becomes gravely ill.
(b) The empire collapses.
(c) She goes bankrupt.
(d) She accepts a marriage proposal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
2. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
3. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
4. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)