|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(b) Opera singer.
2. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is an illegitimate child.
(b) Her family disowned her.
(c) She is a gambler.
(d) She is an orphan.
3. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
4. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A parasol.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A feathered hat.
(d) A yellow cashmere shawl.
5. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Emile Zola.
(c) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(d) Honoré de Balzac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
4. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
5. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)