|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) A general in the Army.
(b) Doing nothing.
(c) A government minister.
(d) A supreme court justice.
2. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The end of the monarchy.
(b) The end of the empire.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Glorious Revolution.
3. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is his birthplace.
(b) It is his mother's maiden name.
(c) It is the site of a famous battle.
(d) It is the name of his first love.
4. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(b) He has been serving his country.
(c) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(d) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
5. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) The Baron.
(c) Monsieur Marneffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
2. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
3. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
4. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
5. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)