|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
(d) Fruit and sweets.
2. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
(a) The closet.
(b) The table.
(c) The mode of transportation.
(d) The neighborhood.
3. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Emile Zola.
(b) Gustave Flaubert.
(c) Honoré de Balzac.
(d) Jean-Luc Goddard.
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To protect his reputation.
(b) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(c) To not worry his friends.
(d) To not anger her moneylender.
5. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
(a) The Comte of Clichy.
(b) The Baron.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Comte of Montcornet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
3. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
4. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
5. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)