|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Baroness come from?
2. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Cousin Bette.
(b) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(c) The Baroness.
(d) Mademoiselle Hortense.
3. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) Celestine Crevel.
(b) The Baroness.
(d) Madame Marneffe.
5. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A feathered hat.
(c) A yellow cashmere shawl.
(d) A parasol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
2. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
3. What year does the novel take place?
4. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
5. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)