|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is the name of a town in Israel.
(b) It is the German word for light.
(c) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
(d) It is the name of a German town.
2. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To distance her from Hortense.
(b) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(c) To be closer to the family.
(d) To live in a more fashionable area.
3. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Hulot is seven years younger.
(b) Hulot is ten years younger.
(c) Crevel is seven years younger.
(d) Crevel is ten years younger.
4. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(b) Ask her son for a loan.
(c) Become a seamstress.
(d) Become his mistress.
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
2. What year does the novel take place?
3. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
4. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
5. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)