|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(d) The Baron.
4. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
(a) Monsieur Crevel is married to the Baroness' cousin.
(b) The Baroness is married to Monsieur Crevel's uncle.
(c) Monsieur Crevel's son is married to the Baroness' daughter.
(d) The Baroness' son is married to Monsieur Crevel's daughter.
5. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) A clock for the prince.
(b) A statue of Napoleon.
(c) A group for Monsieur Crevel.
(d) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
2. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
3. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)