|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Baroness come from?
2. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(b) To live in a more fashionable area.
(c) To distance her from Hortense.
(d) To be closer to the family.
3. What happens just as Lisbeth is about to set up her own business?
(a) The empire collapses.
(b) She goes bankrupt.
(c) She becomes gravely ill.
(d) She accepts a marriage proposal.
4. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
(a) Monsieur Crevel.
(b) Cousin Bette.
(c) Monsieur Hulot.
(d) The Baroness.
5. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
2. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
3. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
4. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
5. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)