|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They live in the same building.
(b) They attend the same church.
(c) They work in the same building.
(d) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
2. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Friend at Night.
(b) The Prodigal Father.
(c) The Rich Fool.
(d) The Bad Samaritan.
3. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(c) A broken heart.
4. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her son for a loan.
(b) Become a seamstress.
(c) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(d) Become his mistress.
5. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(b) Opera singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
3. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
4. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)