|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
(a) They have to pay off Madame Marneffe's family's debts.
(b) They have medical expenses.
(c) They are behind on their rent payments.
(d) They have no source of income.
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) A supreme court justice.
(b) Doing nothing.
(c) A government minister.
(d) A general in the Army.
4. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
5. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
2. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
3. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
4. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
5. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)