|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A court document.
(b) A personal visit.
(c) A letter.
(d) Word of mouth.
2. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
3. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(a) Madame Marneffe.
(b) The Baroness.
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
5. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) A supreme court justice.
(b) A government minister.
(c) Doing nothing.
(d) A general in the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
2. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
3. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
5. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)