|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the novel take place?
2. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(d) Cousin Bette.
3. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(c) Jenny Cadine.
4. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A cashmere shawl.
(c) A medal of honor.
(d) A diamond necklace.
5. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
(b) It is the name of a German town.
(c) It is the name of a town in Israel.
(d) It is the German word for light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
2. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
3. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
4. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
5. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)