|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
2. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their children.
(b) Through their parents.
(c) Through their mistresses.
(d) Through their military service.
3. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is his mother's maiden name.
(b) It is the name of his first love.
(c) It is the site of a famous battle.
(d) It is his birthplace.
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To live in a more fashionable area.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(d) To distance her from Hortense.
5. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
2. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
3. What year does the novel take place?
4. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
5. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)