|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The pets.
(b) The servants.
(c) The children.
(d) The young men.
2. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She cannot read nor write.
(b) She has an aptitude for work.
(c) She is poor and unprotected.
(d) She wants to meet a husband.
3. What year does the novel take place?
4. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To distance her from Hortense.
(b) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(c) To live in a more fashionable area.
(d) To be closer to the family.
5. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(b) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(c) Cousin Bette.
(d) The Baroness.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
4. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
5. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)