|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The end of the empire.
(b) The Glorious Revolution.
(c) The end of the monarchy.
(d) The French Revolution.
2. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) Her family disowned her.
(b) She is an orphan.
(c) She is a gambler.
(d) She is an illegitimate child.
3. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her son for a loan.
(b) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(c) Become a seamstress.
(d) Become his mistress.
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
(b) A broken heart.
5. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) A general in the Army.
(b) A supreme court justice.
(c) Doing nothing.
(d) A government minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
2. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
3. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
4. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
5. What year does the novel take place?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)