|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A personal visit.
(b) A letter.
(c) Word of mouth.
(d) A court document.
2. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
3. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(b) Opera singer.
4. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
(a) The Baroness.
(c) Madame Marneffe.
5. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(b) He has been serving his country.
(c) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(d) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
2. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
3. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
4. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
5. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)