Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 5 - 148.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
2. Why does the Baron want Lisbeth to move to the Rue Vaneau?
(a) To spy on Madame Marneffe.
(b) To be closer to the family.
(c) To live in a more fashionable area.
(d) To distance her from Hortense.
3. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) Her family disowned her.
(b) She is an illegitimate child.
(c) She is a gambler.
(d) She is an orphan.
4. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The dressmakers to the high society.
(b) The typesetters of the daily news.
(c) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(d) The glassblowers of the local village.
5. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She is poor and unprotected.
(b) She has an aptitude for work.
(c) She wants to meet a husband.
(d) She cannot read nor write.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
2. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
3. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
4. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
5. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)