|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
2. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) The Duc d'Herounville's.
(b) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
(c) Monsieur Coquet's.
(d) Marshal Hulot's.
3. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
(a) Victorin's professional difficulties.
(b) Lisbeth's personal difficulties.
(c) Victorin's professional difficulties.
(d) Victorin's financial difficulties.
4. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) A supreme court justice.
(b) A general in the Army.
(c) Doing nothing.
(d) A government minister.
5. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
2. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
3. What year does the novel take place?
4. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
5. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)