|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wenceslas returns home and is confronted by Hortnese, whom does he claim has lent him ten thousand francs?
(c) León de Lora.
2. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
(a) Adeline Hulot.
(b) Hortense Hulot.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Celestine Crevel.
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
(a) Through their military service.
(b) Through their parents.
(c) Through their mistresses.
(d) Through their children.
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(b) To protect his reputation.
(c) To not worry his friends.
(d) To not anger her moneylender.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
2. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
3. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
4. What does Lisbeth surmise as the cause of her admirer's failed suicide attempt?
5. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)