|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
(a) She has an aptitude for work.
(b) She cannot read nor write.
(c) She wants to meet a husband.
(d) She is poor and unprotected.
2. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
3. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
(a) She starts breaking things in the room and has to be restrained.
(b) She faints and has nervous convulsions.
(c) She becomes sad, shouts and begins to cry.
(d) She laughs it off.
4. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
5. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not worry his friends.
(b) To not anger her moneylender.
(c) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(d) To protect his reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
2. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
3. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
4. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
5. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)