|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
(a) A house.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A statue.
2. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
(a) Valerie and Crevel are having an argument in her room.
(b) Valerie and Baron Hulot are sitting down to dinner.
(c) Valerie and Lisbeth are scheming to have the Marshal propose marriage to Bette.
(d) Guests are playing games in Valerie Marneffe's drawing-room.
3. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) The Duc d´Hérouville.
(b) Celestin Crevel.
(c) Marshal Hulot.
(d) Valerie Marneffe.
4. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(d) Jenny Cadine.
5. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) A hat.
(b) A letter.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
2. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
3. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
4. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
5. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)