|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Monsieur Crevel estimate that the Baroness will remain beautiful?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) A lifetime.
2. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A pig.
(b) A fox.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) A thoroughbred horse.
3. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She wants to seduce him.
(b) She is awed by his fame.
(c) She admires his talent.
(d) She wants to humiliate him.
4. Who does Wenceslas tell Lisbeth has purchased his group?
(a) The Comte of Montcornet.
(b) The Baron.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) The Duc d'Herouville.
5. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
(a) He does not like Bette.
(b) He is angry with Wenceslas.
(c) He does not like Hortense.
(d) He is attracted to Hortense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
2. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
3. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
4. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
5. How long had Lisbeth's beau been working on the figurine she shows to Hortense?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)