|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys the group from Wenceslas?
(a) The Baron.
(b) Monsieur Marneffe.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
2. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) The Duc d'Herounville's.
(b) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
(c) Monsieur Coquet's.
(d) Marshal Hulot's.
3. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
(a) Guests are playing games in Valerie Marneffe's drawing-room.
(b) Valerie and Crevel are having an argument in her room.
(c) Valerie and Lisbeth are scheming to have the Marshal propose marriage to Bette.
(d) Valerie and Baron Hulot are sitting down to dinner.
4. Who is the third man to whom Valerie Marneffe tells he is going to be the father of her child?
5. Who intercepts the letter that Valerie writes to Wenceslas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
2. When Wenceslas returns home and is confronted by Hortnese, whom does he claim has lent him ten thousand francs?
3. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
5. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)