|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
2. Lisbeth offers to arrange a loan on good terms for Hortense and Wenceslas from whom?
(a) Celestin Crevel.
(b) Marshal Hulot.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) The Duc d´Hérouville.
3. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He threatens Hector with a pistol.
(c) He threatens Valerie with a pistol.
(d) He beats Hector up.
4. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That it be the only copy in existence.
(b) That Valerie serve as model.
(c) That it be completed before Christmas.
(d) That it be signed by the sculptor.
5. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is his mother's maiden name.
(b) It is his birthplace.
(c) It is the name of his first love.
(d) It is the site of a famous battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
2. How are the Baroness and Monsieur Crevel related?
3. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
4. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
5. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)