|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
(a) Cousin Bette.
(b) The Baroness.
(c) Monsieur Crevel.
(d) Monsieur Hulot.
2. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
(a) News articles criticizing his work.
(b) Money that she borrowed from her mother.
(c) A pregnancy.
(d) A lover.
3. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She admires his talent.
(b) She is awed by his fame.
(c) She wants to humiliate him.
(d) She wants to seduce him.
4. How do Crevel and Hulot feel about Montejanos' arrival?
5. Where does Valerie arrange to meet Montejanos clandestinely after her guests have retired?
(a) Montejanos' hotel.
(b) Bette's flat.
(c) Montejanos' carriage.
(d) Valerie's chambers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
2. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
3. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
4. What had been Monsieur Crevel's profession?
5. Whom does Lisbeth dream of marrying?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)