|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A feathered hat.
(c) A parasol.
(d) A yellow cashmere shawl.
2. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Bad Samaritan.
(b) The Rich Fool.
(c) The Friend at Night.
(d) The Prodigal Father.
3. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
4. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
5. How does Lisbeth know the Marneffes?
(a) They work in the same building.
(b) They live in the same building.
(c) They attend the same church.
(d) Lisbeth worked for Monsieur Marneffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the Baroness' son?
2. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
3. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
4. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
5. When Wenceslas returns home and is confronted by Hortnese, whom does he claim has lent him ten thousand francs?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)