|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She admires his talent.
(b) She wants to seduce him.
(c) She wants to humiliate him.
(d) She is awed by his fame.
2. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been serving his country.
(b) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(c) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(d) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
3. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
4. What commission does the Baron get for Lisbeth's admirer?
(a) A statue of Marshal Montcornet.
(b) A group for Monsieur Crevel.
(c) A clock for the prince.
(d) A statue of Napoleon.
5. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
(a) The end of his friendship with Wenceslas.
(b) The end of his relationship with Madame Schontz.
(c) His need for a job.
(d) His need for a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
2. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
3. At what time does Wenceslas arrive home after dining with Valerie Marneffe?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
5. What type of woman does Monsieur Crevel confess to Lisbeth that he has never had until his relationship with Valerie?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)