|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
2. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Talking to himself.
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
3. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
(a) Kill Wenceslas.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Pack her things and move in with her mother.
(d) Take Stidman as a lover.
4. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A fox.
(b) A thoroughbred horse.
(c) A pig.
(d) A nightingale.
5. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(b) He has been serving his country.
(c) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(d) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
2. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
3. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
5. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)