|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hector Hulot returns home from Valerie's house after hearing of the problem between Wenceslas and Hortense, what does he discover Adeline doing?
2. Where does the Baroness come from?
3. What does Stidman tell Wenceslas to get him to leave his second meeting with Valerie and return home?
(a) His son is dying.
(b) His wife is dying.
(c) His wife is in trouble.
(d) His son is ill.
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
2. Who gives money to Adeline's cook so that she may provide a meal for the family?
3. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
5. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)