|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means animal of the rocks or chamois?
2. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His studio.
(c) Lisbeth's flat.
3. How does Valerie explain her relationship to Montejanos?
(a) She claims they are cousins.
(b) She pretends she has never met him.
(c) She explains that they had been lovers.
(d) She claims he is Monsieur Marneffe's nephew.
4. What item does Hortense promise Lisbeth in exchange for proof of her beau's existence?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A yellow cashmere shawl.
(c) A feathered hat.
(d) A parasol.
5. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The servants.
(b) The pets.
(c) The children.
(d) The young men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
2. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
3. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
4. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
5. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)