|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(b) The Baron.
2. How long has Monsieur Crevel been a widower?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
3. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
(a) She suggests they help her arrange a marriage to Marshal Hulot.
(b) She advises Hortense to sell her diamonds.
(c) She tells Hortense to pawn all of her valuables.
(d) She counsels Hortense to ask Adeline for money.
4. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
(a) The testimony of a witness.
(b) A confession.
(c) A letter from Valerie.
(d) A photograph.
5. Where is Monsieur le Baron Henri Montes de Montejanos from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crevel give to Valerie in exchange for her promise of being his exclusively?
2. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
3. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
4. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
5. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)