|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
(a) A new uniform.
(b) A letter from Johann Fischer.
(c) News from the Prince of Wissembourg.
(d) Money from Algeria.
2. What bad news does Johann Fischer communicate to Hector Hulot in a letter?
(a) Johann Fischer is terminally ill and does not have long to live.
(b) A Public Prosecutor is investigating Hector and Johann's dealings in Algeria.
(c) Johann Fischer has been left by his wife.
(d) The War Ministry has exhausted all of its funds in Algeria.
3. What is Vauvinet's profession?
(c) Government Official.
4. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
(a) He does not like Bette.
(b) He is angry with Wenceslas.
(c) He does not like Hortense.
(d) He is attracted to Hortense.
5. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
(a) His need for a loan.
(b) The end of his friendship with Wenceslas.
(c) His need for a job.
(d) The end of his relationship with Madame Schontz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
2. Which country does Monsieur Crevel dream of visiting?
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. What piece of art created by Wenceslas is generating extreme criticism from his fellow artists, including Stidman?
5. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)