|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victorin contribute to help his father get out of debt?
(a) He hands over his retirement funds.
(b) He asks Valerie Marneffe for a loan.
(c) He mortgages his house.
(d) He sells his furniture.
2. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(d) Jenny Cadine.
3. With whom does Wenceslas claim to be dining while he is at Valerie Marneffe's house?
(a) Stidman and Wissembourg.
(b) Hulot and Crevel.
(c) Chanor and Florent.
(d) Vignon and Vauvinet.
4. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The pets.
(b) The servants.
(c) The children.
(d) The young men.
5. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) Monsieur Coquet's.
(b) The Duc d'Herounville's.
(c) Marshal Hulot's.
(d) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wenceslas tell Hortense he plans to go early the next morning following his dinner with Valerie?
2. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
3. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
4. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
5. Why does the Baron decide to give Lisbeth a trade?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)