|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
2. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
3. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That it be signed by the sculptor.
(b) That Valerie serve as model.
(c) That it be the only copy in existence.
(d) That it be completed before Christmas.
4. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
5. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
(a) A new carriage.
(b) Six thousand francs per year.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) Three thousand francs per year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What financial difficulty do the Marneffes face?
2. Who steals Lisbeth's admirer?
3. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
4. What does Wenceslas produce in the early part of his marriage in addition to and contrasting with the statue he has been hired to design by the Prince of Wissembourg?
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)