|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
(a) Victorin's professional difficulties.
(b) Victorin's financial difficulties.
(c) Victorin's professional difficulties.
(d) Lisbeth's personal difficulties.
2. What is Vauvinet's profession?
(d) Government Official.
3. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Monsieur Coquet.
(b) Monsieur Stidman.
(c) Madame Crevel.
(d) Wenceslas Steinbock.
4. How many suitors has Lisbeth rejected?
5. Where does the Baroness come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
2. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
3. What does the narrator consider to be "the most reliable thermometer of wealth in Parisian households"?
4. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
5. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)