|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 149 - 286.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in their relationship, who refuses to accompany the Baron to Valerie's house despite her entreaties?
(a) Monsieur Coquet.
(b) Monsieur Stidman.
(c) Wenceslas Steinbock.
(d) Madame Crevel.
2. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She wants to humiliate him.
(b) She admires his talent.
(c) She wants to seduce him.
(d) She is awed by his fame.
3. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
4. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He shaves off his beard.
(b) He stops dying his hair.
(c) He loses weight.
(d) He stops wearing his military uniform.
5. What does Monsieur Crevel give Valerie in exchange for her company?
(a) Three thousand francs per year.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A new carriage.
(d) Six thousand francs per year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides leading Wenceslas astray, for what other family disgrace is Baron Hulot responsible?
2. What is happening when the arrival of the Baron Montes de Montejanos is announced?
3. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
5. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)