|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
(b) Opera singer.
2. Who interrupts Hector and Valerie's love affair on the Rue du Dauphin?
(a) Adeline and Hortense.
(b) A police commissioner, a justice of the peace, and Marneffe.
(c) A police commissioner, a justice of the peace, and Crevel.
(d) Adeline and Lisbeth.
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A court document.
(b) A personal visit.
(c) A letter.
(d) Word of mouth.
4. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
5. What solution does Bette offer first when Hortense explains her financial predicament?
(a) She counsels Hortense to ask Adeline for money.
(b) She tells Hortense to pawn all of her valuables.
(c) She advises Hortense to sell her diamonds.
(d) She suggests they help her arrange a marriage to Marshal Hulot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
2. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
3. What name does Baron Hulot use while he is living with Olympe Bijou?
4. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
5. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)