|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
(a) He threatens Hector with a pistol.
(b) He beats Hector up.
(c) He threatens Valerie with a pistol.
(d) He calls the police.
2. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
(b) A gold cross.
(c) A silver star.
(d) A purple heart.
3. In saying goodbye to Hector in the Rue du Dauphin, whom does Valerie suggest is responsible for betraying them to Marneffe?
4. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
(a) She is awed by his fame.
(b) She admires his talent.
(c) She wants to seduce him.
(d) She wants to humiliate him.
5. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Hector that Valerie Marneffe conspired with her husband to blackmail him?
2. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
3. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
4. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
5. Who does Victorin Hulot hire to help him resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe and Celestin Crevel?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)