|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisbeth Fischer die of?
(b) A broken heart.
2. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
(a) Hortense Hulot.
(b) Adeline Hulot.
(c) Celestine Crevel.
(d) Valerie Marneffe.
3. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
(a) She is a gambler.
(b) She is an orphan.
(c) Her family disowned her.
(d) She is an illegitimate child.
4. With whom does Adeline discover Hector having an illicit affair, just days before her death?
(a) Olympe Bijou, the sewing girl.
(b) Agatha Piquetard, the kitchen maid.
(c) Josepha Mariah, the singer.
(d) Jenny Cadine, the actress.
5. What is Monsieur Crevel doing while waiting for the Baroness to enter the sitting room?
(a) Looking at himself in a mirror.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Combing his hair.
(d) Talking to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Valerie use to make the Hulots accept her as Madame Crevel?
2. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
3. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
4. When the quartermaster arrives to speak privately with Hector, what does he expect the man has brought for him?
5. Whom does Madame Nourisson use to tempt the Baron Montes de Montejanos?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)