|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Johann Fischer's accomplice in the embezzlement scheme?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is found not guilty.
(c) He flees.
(d) He is incarcerated.
2. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
3. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
4. Who does Victorin Hulot hire to help him resolve his problem with Valerie Marneffe and Celestin Crevel?
(a) Lisbeth Fischer.
(b) The Prince of Wissembourg.
(c) Madame Saint-Esteve.
(d) The military police.
5. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A pig.
(b) A thoroughbred horse.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object from Valerie does Lisbeth give to the Baron after he is turned away at her door by Monsieur Marneffe?
2. What two significant events happen to Valerie Marneffe in March of 1843?
3. How does Adeline attempt to console Hortense after her first quarrel with Wenceslas?
4. How much does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the silver group ordered by Valerie?
5. Who has become Baron Hulot's protector?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)