|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
(a) She faints and has nervous convulsions.
(b) She becomes sad, shouts and begins to cry.
(c) She laughs it off.
(d) She starts breaking things in the room and has to be restrained.
2. In saying goodbye to Hector in the Rue du Dauphin, whom does Valerie suggest is responsible for betraying them to Marneffe?
3. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The typesetters of the daily news.
(b) The dressmakers to the high society.
(c) The glassblowers of the local village.
(d) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
4. What significant change to his appearance does Valerie induce Baron Hulot to make?
(a) He stops dying his hair.
(b) He loses weight.
(c) He shaves off his beard.
(d) He stops wearing his military uniform.
5. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
2. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
3. What circumstances led to Stidman's introduction to Valerie in the Rue Vaneau?
4. How do Monsieur Hulot and Monsieur Crevel become acquainted?
5. What name is Hector Hulot using while he is living with Atala Judici?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)