|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is the site of a famous battle.
(b) It is the name of his first love.
(c) It is his birthplace.
(d) It is his mother's maiden name.
2. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(b) The typesetters of the daily news.
(c) The dressmakers to the high society.
(d) The glassblowers of the local village.
3. How does Wenceslas discover the identity of the person who arranges for his release from prison?
(a) A personal visit.
(b) Word of mouth.
(c) A court document.
(d) A letter.
4. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
(a) A letter from Valerie.
(b) A photograph.
(c) The testimony of a witness.
(d) A confession.
5. Why does Marnefffe claim that if he goes to police court, he will be worse than a murderer?
(a) Because Marshal Hulot will die of shame.
(b) Because Valerie will go insane.
(c) Because Adeline will die of shame.
(d) Because his family will no longer accept him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Adeline discover Hector having an illicit affair, just days before her death?
2. Where does Valerie arrange to meet Montejanos clandestinely after her guests have retired?
3. What does Hortense hide from Wenceslas?
4. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
5. What nickname does the Baron give to Lisbeth?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)