|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many beauty spots does Valerie Marneffe arrange on her person for her first meeting with Wenceslas?
2. What reason does Lisbeth give Wenceslas to convince him not to write to anyone from jail about his predicament?
(a) To not anger her moneylender.
(b) To not make the authorities suspicious.
(c) To not worry his friends.
(d) To protect his reputation.
3. How does Lisbeth control Valerie's potential household expenses?
(a) She encourages Valerie to dine out instead of hosting dinners at home.
(b) She contributes the profits from her embroidery work to the household budget.
(c) She does the cooking and washing herself.
(d) She finds her a cook from Vosges and accompanies her to the market.
4. Whom does Adeline visit in hopes of finding information about Hector's wherabouts?
(a) Valerie Marneffe.
(b) Josepha Mariah.
(c) Lisbeth Fischer.
(d) Jenny Cadine.
5. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That Valerie serve as model.
(b) That it be signed by the sculptor.
(c) That it be completed before Christmas.
(d) That it be the only copy in existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time elapses between his mother's funeral and the time when Victorin hears of his father's remarriage?
2. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
3. Who inadvertently informs Hortense that Wenceslas had lied to her about his whereabouts the evening that he dined with Valerie Marneffe?
4. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
5. After Hector receives bad news from Johann Fischer, what bad news does he receive from Valerie in a letter?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)