|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) Cousin Bette.
(b) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(c) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(d) The Baroness.
2. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
(a) Valerie Marneffe.
(b) Marshal Hulot.
(c) Lisbeth Fischer.
(d) Celestine Crevel.
3. Where does Johann Fischer expect to be when Hector Hulot reads his final letter?
(b) In hiding.
(c) In Algiers.
(d) In prison.
4. Who informs Hector that Valerie Marneffe conspired with her husband to blackmail him?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The justice of the peace.
5. With whom is Lisbeth on good terms in all of the houses she frequents?
(a) The pets.
(b) The servants.
(c) The young men.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
2. What happens to Marshal Hulot three days after he repays the 200,000 francs to the State?
3. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
4. Who is Jenny Cadine's protector?
5. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)