|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Baron find out about his brother's death?
(a) He receives a letter from Victorin.
(b) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(c) He is told by Adeline.
(d) He sees that Lisbeth is dressed in mourning.
2. Why does Stidman try to stay away from Wenceslas' house?
(a) He does not like Bette.
(b) He does not like Hortense.
(c) He is angry with Wenceslas.
(d) He is attracted to Hortense.
3. What two significant events happen to Valerie Marneffe in March of 1843?
(a) She gives birth to a baby boy and breaks up with Montejanos.
(b) She divorces Marneffe and moves to America.
(c) She gives birth to a stillborn child and her husband dies.
(d) She moves to Brazil and marries Montejanos.
4. To what animal does Monsieur Crevel compare Mademoiselle Hortense in his conversation with the Baroness?
(a) A thoroughbred horse.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) A pig.
(d) A fox.
5. What does Hortense decide to do after she receives proof of Wenceslas' infidelity?
(a) Pack her things and move in with her mother.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Take Stidman as a lover.
(d) Kill Wenceslas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lisbeth dream of marrying?
2. How long after moving to the Rue Vaneau does Valerie wait before receiving Monsieur Crevel?
3. Who is Madame Marneffe's father?
4. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
5. What name does Baron Hulot use while he is living with Olympe Bijou?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)