|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Prince of Wissembourg call into his office and accuse of ruining Hector Hulot?
(a) Monsieur Marneffe.
(b) Johann Fischer.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Lisbeth Fischer.
2. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
(a) The Rich Fool.
(b) The Friend at Night.
(c) The Bad Samaritan.
(d) The Prodigal Father.
3. What "medicine" does Marshal Hulot prescribe for Hector after his disgrace and resignation?
(b) A passage to America.
(d) A pair of pistols.
4. What job does the Baroness' son aspire to?
(a) Doing nothing.
(b) A supreme court justice.
(c) A general in the Army.
(d) A government minister.
5. What does Hortense tell Wenceslas she would have done in retribution if she had discovered that he was having an affair after their first quarrel?
(a) Taken Crevel as a lover.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Taken Stidman as a lover.
(d) Killed herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In saying goodbye to Hector in the Rue du Dauphin, whom does Valerie suggest is responsible for betraying them to Marneffe?
2. Where does Bette convince Wenceslas to go despite Hortense forbidding him from doing so?
3. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
4. What is the nationality of Lisbeth's romantic interest?
5. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)