|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
2. Who considers herself to be the family confessional?
(b) Jenny Cadine.
3. What proof of the affair between Valerie and Hector Hulot is in the possession of Monsieur Marneffe?
(b) Diary entries.
4. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen days.
5. Whom does the Prince of Wissembourg call into his office and accuse of ruining Hector Hulot?
(a) Valerie Marneffe.
(b) Monsieur Marneffe.
(c) Johann Fischer.
(d) Lisbeth Fischer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
2. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
3. Who informs Lisbeth that Wenceslas is to marry Hortense?
4. What reason does Lisbeth give Hortense and the Baroness for Wenceslas' decision to go to Russia?
5. How much time elapses between his mother's funeral and the time when Victorin hears of his father's remarriage?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)