|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the fundamental feature of Lisbeth's character?
2. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
(a) Hortense Hulot.
(b) Celestine Crevel.
(c) Valerie Marneffe.
(d) Adeline Hulot.
3. What name is Hector Hulot using while he is living with Atala Judici?
(a) Pere Goriot.
(b) Pere Thorec.
(c) Pere Thoul.
(d) Pere Vyder.
4. What reason does Victorin give to the Prince of Wissembourg for his father's disappearance?
(a) He is living with a younger woman.
(b) He is ashamed over the situation in Algiers.
(c) He is embarrassed over the situation with Valerie Marneffe.
(d) He is hiding from his creditors.
5. Where does Johann Fischer expect to be when Hector Hulot reads his final letter?
(b) In prison.
(c) In Algiers.
(d) In hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof of Wenceslas' infidelity does Hortense receive?
2. What does Victorin contribute to help his father get out of debt?
3. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
4. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
5. Whom does Madame Nourisson use to tempt the Baron Montes de Montejanos?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)