|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen days.
2. What news does Valerie reveal to Wenceslas in the first letter she writes to him?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is canceling her order.
(c) She is moving into a new house.
(d) She is hosting a party.
3. With what major event do the beginnings of Monsieur Hulot's infidelities coincide?
(a) The Glorious Revolution.
(b) The end of the empire.
(c) The end of the monarchy.
(d) The French Revolution.
4. Who makes an unexpected visit to Victorin and Celestine?
(b) The Prince of Wissembourg.
(c) Hector Hulot.
(d) Valerie Marneffe.
5. What is the significance of the name Mirah?
(a) It is the German word for light.
(b) It is the name of a German town.
(c) It is an anagram of Hiram, thereby denoting Jewish heritage.
(d) It is the name of a town in Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Monsieur Crevel give to the modern parable of Monsieur Hulot and his family?
2. Whom does the Prince of Wissembourg call into his office and accuse of ruining Hector Hulot?
3. What year does the novel take place?
4. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
5. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)