|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Valerie mention having seen Wenceslas in person before their first formal meeting in her house?
(b) His wedding.
(c) His studio.
(d) Lisbeth's flat.
2. Why does Marnefffe claim that if he goes to police court, he will be worse than a murderer?
(a) Because Adeline will die of shame.
(b) Because his family will no longer accept him.
(c) Because Valerie will go insane.
(d) Because Marshal Hulot will die of shame.
3. Who has become Baron Hulot's protector?
(a) The Prince of Wissembourg.
4. What does Celestine inherit from her father?
(b) The Presles Estate and thirty thousand francs per year.
(c) Crevel's house and twenty-four thousand francs per year.
(d) Three hundred thousand francs.
5. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He threatens Hector with a pistol.
(c) He beats Hector up.
(d) He threatens Valerie with a pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lisbeth dream of marrying?
2. What is Jenny Cadine's profession?
3. What "medicine" does Marshal Hulot prescribe for Hector after his disgrace and resignation?
4. What book does Adeline read constantly after being banished to her apartment on the Rue Plumet?
5. When Crevel goes to Valerie's flat the morning after his revelation to Hulot, whom does he find at the breakfast table with her?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)