|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Lisbeth have when the Baron goes to her flat looking for Valerie?
(a) A toothache.
(c) A migraine.
2. Where does Johann Fischer expect to be when Hector Hulot reads his final letter?
(a) In Algiers.
(b) In hiding.
(c) In prison.
3. What position does the Prince of Wissembourg procure for Adeline?
(a) Minister of War.
(b) Justice of the Peace.
(c) Superintendent of Charities.
(d) Chief of Philanthropy.
4. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
(a) That it be completed before Christmas.
(b) That it be the only copy in existence.
(c) That Valerie serve as model.
(d) That it be signed by the sculptor.
5. Whose post in the War Ministry does Baron Hulot attempt to obtain for Marneffe?
(a) Monsieur Coquet's.
(b) The Duc d'Herounville's.
(c) Marshal Hulot's.
(d) The Prince of Wissembourg's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Madame Marneffe denied an inheritance?
2. At whose suggestion does Lisbeth change her appearance?
3. Who has become Baron Hulot's protector?
4. Where does Hector tell Adeline he is going when he in fact is going to visit Valerie in the Rue du Dauphin?
5. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)