|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Adeline turn to for help in saving her uncle, Johann Fischer?
(a) The Prince of Wissembourg.
(c) Marshal Hulot.
(d) Valerie Marneffe.
2. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is the name of his first love.
(b) It is the site of a famous battle.
(c) It is his mother's maiden name.
(d) It is his birthplace.
3. Why has the Baroness' brother-in-law never married?
(a) He has been horribly disfigured in the war.
(b) He has been looking for a second Adeline.
(c) He has been busy amassing his fortune.
(d) He has been serving his country.
4. Who arranges for Wenceslas to be released from prison?
(a) The Baron.
5. What does Monsieur Crevel suggest that Madame Hulot do to obtain a dowry for her daughter?
(a) Ask her son for a loan.
(b) Ask her cousin for a loan.
(c) Become a seamstress.
(d) Become his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wissembourg do with the 200,000 francs that Marshal Hulot gave him in repayment for his brother's embezzlement from the state?
2. Who convinces Crevel not to lend Adeline the 200,000 francs that she is in dire need of?
3. To whom does Adeline give the little money she has received from the Baron, thereby depriving herself even of food?
4. What does Monsieur Marneffe do when Hector tries to enter his house after receiving Valerie's letter?
5. What subject does Lisbeth's beau teach?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)