|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two women become much closer due to their new living arrangement?
(a) Adeline and Lisbeth.
(b) Hortense and Celestine.
(c) Hortense and Lisbeth.
(d) Lisbeth and Valerie.
2. What does Lisbeth Fischer die of?
(d) A broken heart.
3. Who sees Monsieur Hulot in a front stall at the Varietes with Jenny Cadine?
(a) The Baroness.
(b) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(c) Monsieur Hulot's son.
(d) Cousin Bette.
4. How many years of government service had Hector Hulot served before his resignation?
5. To whom is Lisbeth apprenticed by the Baron?
(a) The embroiderers to the Imperial court.
(b) The typesetters of the daily news.
(c) The dressmakers to the high society.
(d) The glassblowers of the local village.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
2. Why does Valerie want Baron Hulot to bring Wenceslas to dine with them?
3. What name is Hector Hulot using while he is living with Atala Judici?
4. What type of a business does the Duc D'Heuronville pay to have the Baron set up in Olympe Bijou's name?
5. With whom does Adeline discover Hector having an illicit affair, just days before her death?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)