|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object from Valerie does Lisbeth give to the Baron after he is turned away at her door by Monsieur Marneffe?
(a) A red rose.
(b) A bill for two thousand francs.
(c) A letter ending their relationship.
(d) A key to Crevel's little house.
2. To which Shakespeare character does the narrator compare Montejanos, due to his physique and complexion?
3. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
(a) Hulot is ten years younger.
(b) Crevel is ten years younger.
(c) Hulot is seven years younger.
(d) Crevel is seven years younger.
4. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
(c) Fruit and sweets.
5. What gift does the Emperor bestow on the Baroness when she is a young woman?
(a) A cashmere shawl.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A medal of honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hortense react upon learning that Wenceslas has lied to her about his whereabouts?
2. Where does the Baroness come from?
3. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
4. What year does the novel take place?
5. What becomes of Johann Fischer's accomplice in the embezzlement scheme?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)