|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 287 to 437.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which biblical figures does Valerie ask Wenceslas to sculpt for her?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) Samson and Delilah.
(c) Moses and Aaron.
(d) Cain and Abel.
2. What does Baron Hulot do after learning of his brother's death?
(a) He returns to Valerie Marneffe.
(b) He abandons his family.
(c) He goes to Algiers.
(d) He commits suicide.
3. What is the amount of Mademoiselle Hortense's dowry expected to be?
(a) Five thousand pounds.
(b) Two hundred thousand livres.
(c) Thirty thousand pesetas.
(d) Forty thousand francs.
4. Why does Marnefffe claim that if he goes to police court, he will be worse than a murderer?
(a) Because Valerie will go insane.
(b) Because his family will no longer accept him.
(c) Because Adeline will die of shame.
(d) Because Marshal Hulot will die of shame.
5. What does Lisbeth bring home to her admirer from the dinner parties she attends?
(d) Fruit and sweets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Adeline's physical reaction after reading Johann Fischer's letter?
2. What piece of evidence does Crevel provide the Baron with to prove his clandestine meetings with Valerie in his little house on the Rue du Dauphin?
3. On what condition does Crevel agree to pay for a copy of the biblically-themed figure that Wenceslas is sculpting for Valerie Marneffe?
4. What is the difference in age between Monsieur Crevel and Monsieur Hulot?
5. What name does Baron Hulot use while he is living with Olympe Bijou?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)