Pages 5 - 148
1. Who is the author of Cousin Bette?
(a) Jean-Luc Goddard.
(b) Emile Zola.
(c) Honoré de Balzac.
(d) Gustave Flaubert.
2. The author dedicates the novel to a scholar who studies which writer?
3. In his dedication, to what job does the author compare his work as a novelist?
(a) Doctor of social medicine.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Professor of philosophy.
(d) Theatre actor.
4. What year does the novel take place?
5. What award does Monseiur Crevel wear on his National Guard uniform?
(a) A gold cross.
(b) A silver star.
(c) A ribbon of the Legion of Honor.
(d) A purple heart.
6. What particular significance does the name d'Ervy have to the Baron?
(a) It is his mother's maiden name.
(b) It is his birthplace.
(c) It is the name of his first love.
(d) It is the site of a famous battle.
7. How much older is the Baroness than her cousin Bette?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Three years.
This section contains 4,759 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)