|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mrs. Todd go to visit Joanna in Chapter 13?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The minister.
(c) The sea captain.
(d) Her husband.
2. Who does Mrs. Todd begin talking about Sant Bowden with?
(a) Mrs. Caplin.
(b) Sarah Jane Blackett.
(c) Captain Bowden.
3. How do Elijah and the narrator part?
(a) He asks if she would visit again.
(b) They agree to meet in the village.
(c) They agree not to meet again.
(d) She asks if she may visit again.
4. How can the mood be described as the narrator, Mrs. Todd and Mrs. Blackett make their way to the event?
5. What is going on as the narrator is on her walk?
(a) The sheep are circling the schoolhouse.
(b) Nothing, all is quiet.
(c) The fishermen are mending nets.
(d) The people seem to be taking naps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joanna request make the trip to the island should she fall ill?
2. How does the narrator engage Elijah in conversation?
3. What reason do the visitors give for not having seen as many older guests as they would have hoped?
4. Where does Joanna go after the engagement is broken?
5. How does the narrator imagine Elijah bringing home the furnishings?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)