|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator encounter on Shell-Heap Island in Chapter 15?
(a) Joanna's old home, intact just as she left it.
(b) The ruins of Joanna's home.
(c) A lovely garden.
(d) A great collection of shells.
2. When does Joanna ask Mrs. Todd to return?
(b) In a year.
(c) The next day.
(d) In a month.
3. What happens to Joanna's half of the family farm?
(a) She loses it to her ex-fiancé.
(b) She sells it.
(c) Her brother takes it over.
(d) She gives it away.
4. With whom does Mrs. Todd go to visit Joanna in Chapter 13?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The sea captain.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The minister.
5. Who brings Mrs. Blackett to Mrs. Todd's in time for departure?
(a) Captain Littlepage.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Captain Bowden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator stop to study on her walk?
2. What do the narrator, Mrs. Todd and Mrs. Blackett conclude is the only drawback to the day?
3. Why doesn't the plant Mrs. Todd mentioned thrive at the Bowden's?
4. What advice does Joanna give Mrs. Todd?
5. How does the narrator imagine Elijah bringing home the furnishings?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)