|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Todd believe Mrs. Blackett won't be able to attend the event?
(a) She is not a part of the family.
(b) She wasn't invited to the event.
(c) She did not arrive last evening.
(d) She has been ill.
2. What does Elijah tell the narrator about his love interests?
(a) He has given up looking for someone new.
(b) He would like to meet someone new, but Dunnet Landing is too small.
(c) He has no interest in remarrying.
(d) He would like to remarry if he found the right companion.
3. Who brings Mrs. Blackett to Mrs. Todd's in time for departure?
(b) The narrator.
(c) Captain Bowden.
(d) Captain Littlepage.
4. How do Elijah and the narrator part?
(a) She asks if she may visit again.
(b) He asks if she would visit again.
(c) They agree not to meet again.
(d) They agree to meet in the village.
5. What emotion does Elijah awaken in the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had others told Elijah would happen with time after his wife's passing?
2. Why doesn't Sant make the most of his potential?
3. When does Joanna ask Mrs. Todd to return?
4. Which characteristic does the narrator notice first about Elijah?
5. In talking to the narrator, what aspect of the event makes Mrs. Todd particularly emotional?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)