|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joanna request make the trip to the island should she fall ill?
(a) The minister.
(b) Mrs. Todd.
(c) Mrs. Blackett.
(d) The town doctor.
2. Where is Joanna buried?
(a) In the churchyard.
(b) At sea.
(c) In Dunnet Landing.
(d) On the island.
3. Who does the narrator ask to take her to Shell-Heap Island in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Todd.
(b) Captain Bowden.
(d) Captain Littlepage.
4. What positive characteristics do Mrs. Todd and Mrs. Caplin ascribe to Sant?
(a) Athletic ability and critical discernment.
(b) Military knowledge and strategic thinking.
(c) Knowledge in financial matters.
(d) A sharp mind.
5. What does Elijah do during their conversation that surprises the narrator?
(a) He talks to her about fishing.
(b) He invites her to his home.
(c) He tells her about his wife.
(d) He asks her to join him on a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator surprised by the invitation?
2. What does the narrator stop to study on her walk?
3. Who becomes nostalgic knowing that this event won't happen again for another year?
4. How can the mood be described as the narrator, Mrs. Todd and Mrs. Blackett make their way to the event?
5. What happens at the last minute before Joanna's wedding?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)