|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator encounter on Shell-Heap Island in Chapter 15?
(a) The ruins of Joanna's home.
(b) Joanna's old home, intact just as she left it.
(c) A great collection of shells.
(d) A lovely garden.
2. Who does Joanna request make the trip to the island should she fall ill?
(a) Mrs. Todd.
(b) Mrs. Blackett.
(c) The minister.
(d) The town doctor.
3. On Shell-Heap Island, the narrator muses that each person has a place inside in which what is kept?
(a) Our greatest sorrows.
(b) Our greatest humiliations.
(c) Great regrets and great happiness.
(d) Our deepest emotions.
4. Why is the narrator surprised by the invitation?
(a) She isn't a member of the family.
(b) The departure is so soon.
(c) She doesn't feel she belongs to the community.
(d) She doesn't have anything to wear.
5. What time of year does Joanna's funeral occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the narrator upon arriving?
2. Why does Mrs. Todd believe Mrs. Blackett won't be able to attend the event?
3. Why does Mrs. Todd compare Sant Bowden to the sprig?
4. What do the Bowdens do after dinner?
5. Where is Joanna buried?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)